Poll

Who is the most overrated player in tennis?

Andy Roddick
4 (36.4%)
Roddick, Andy
3 (27.3%)
Andrew Stephen Roddick
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Who is the most overrated player in tennis?  (Read 19270 times)

Offline Somil

• Tennis God

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Who is the most overrated player in tennis?
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2008, 03:59:30 PM »
I don't know, I've known Kittens on here for a good while and he seems like a cool guy to me. But since I'm not on as much as you guys maybe I'm not the right one to comment on it :confused1:

I don't think Roddick is overrated anymore but another funny DK thread. :rofl_2:

Kittens is cool when it comes to anything but Federer.  He has great points regarding all the other players, but he's blind and bitter (for some reason) when it comes to Roger.  He can't stand Roger and has no fairness to his post regarding Roger...that's why it's sort of like "troll" posts when it comes to Roger.  The rest of kittens post seem to be fair and objectively good.

Kittens is fine until he lets his emotions control his direction. You can tell a good Kittens post from a bad one when he starts throwing adjectives like pathetic, or cute in them mulitple times.
I'm so cute it's pathetic!

Somehow, when I see you, the word cute, isn't in the picture....  :Confused:
:rofl_2:

Thank goodness!

:hysterical:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Pamqnx

• Tennis God
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2008, 05:07:33 PM »
I don't know, I've known Kittens on here for a good while and he seems like a cool guy to me. But since I'm not on as much as you guys maybe I'm not the right one to comment on it :confused1:

I don't think Roddick is overrated anymore but another funny DK thread. :rofl_2:

Kittens is cool when it comes to anything but Federer.  He has great points regarding all the other players, but he's blind and bitter (for some reason) when it comes to Roger.  He can't stand Roger and has no fairness to his post regarding Roger...that's why it's sort of like "troll" posts when it comes to Roger.  The rest of kittens post seem to be fair and objectively good.

Kittens is fine until he lets his emotions control his direction. You can tell a good Kittens post from a bad one when he starts throwing adjectives like pathetic, or cute in them mulitple times.
://

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2008, 11:05:59 PM »
i don't think there was anything wrong with kittens' comment and there is no need to insult him.........he has his views.........we have our views.........probably he felt that federer is overrated among the greats, because for a guy who has won 3 slams a year for three years, is failing to win even a masters title the very next year.........now don't slam me for saying this........if kittens had backed his comment with some reason, it would have been more clear.........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
CONK da ball!!!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2008, 06:31:16 AM »
i don't think there was anything wrong with kittens' comment and there is no need to insult him.........he has his views.........we have our views.........probably he felt that federer is overrated among the greats, because for a guy who has won 3 slams a year for three years, is failing to win even a masters title the very next year.........now don't slam me for saying this........if kittens had backed his comment with some reason, it would have been more clear.........

It's more the fact that he posted that comment purely to gain a reaction, we all know this is the purpose of most of his posts, anybody who pretends any different is kidding themsleves.

Offline Pamqnx

• Tennis God
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2008, 07:55:12 AM »

It's more the fact that he posted that comment purely to gain a reaction, we all know this is the purpose of most of his posts, anybody who pretends any different is kidding themsleves.
Or doesn't understand anything. :king:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2008, 08:03:18 AM »

actually he is very objective.........he might have had some explanation to comment like that........the mistake is, he din't back his statement up.........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2008, 08:04:22 AM »
I had to vote to be all equal now  :rofl_2:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2008, 09:28:24 AM »

actually he is very objective.........he might have had some explanation to comment like that........the mistake is, he din't back his statement up.........

What you mean is, he agress with you so you can't see the bias.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2008, 09:34:46 AM »
I laugh how the bellyaching and moaning starts the moment I dare to suggest his heighness is overrated.   :rofl_2:   My someone struck a nerve, a few Federer fanatics on this site here isnt there (like that was ever a secret).

It is very easy to explain my view Federer is currently very overrated and possibly the most overrated player out there right now.   

-He still receives praise from alot of people, especialy his "fan base" as if he were clearly one of the top 2 players in the world and the true rival to Nadal for the #1 ranking.  This is so far from the current truth it is not even funny.  The guy has not only won 0 slams this year, but 0 Masters titles.  In fact the only tournaments he has won are two rinky dinky tournaments in Estoril in Halle.    The guy has mounted up humiliating loss after humiliating loss this year, pretty much all of his beloved hard courts- Fish, a slumping Roddick, Blake, Stepanek on clay, Simon, Karlovic.   Someone like Djokovic has hugely outperformed Federer this year, winning the Australian Open, winning a Masters title on hard courts in Indian Wells, a Masters title on clay in Rome, beating Nadal more then once, killing Federer in a grand slam semi.   Federer is not at all worthy of praise as being clearly one of the top 2 players in the world, when he is at best a distant 3rd best right now, and not worthy of being regarded nearly as much a threat as his deluded fan base imparticular like to think he is.

-He is also being exposed as being overrated in a historical sense.   What does it say to his legacy compared to some of the past all time greats like Sampras, Borg, Laver, and even guys like Lendl, McEnroe, Connnors, when he was so easily overthrown at the age of only 26 and 27 once some players of quality emerged.   He dominated for years beating up on second rate opponents like Roddick and Hewitt, and while Nadal was still finding his way on surface other then clay he allowed himself to be abused like a jailhouse bully by the young Nadal on clay.    Now that Nadal and Djokovic are coming into their primes he cant win anymore, or so it is proving so far.    This is the point Federer has to prove himself worthy of even being in the same discussion as some of the guys I mentioned.   Being overthrown so easily once any first tier talent finally emerges, at an age where it is not excusable to be "past your prime" only tarnishes his greatness a huge deal, as it makes it look like he cant win againt top opposition.

Lastly as for Dallas's Roddick quote I say:

-Roddick is a renowned Federer ass kisser so of course I am not surprised nor do I really care what he says.  These are the same Federer patsies who gush over him after big slam semi or final losses with quotes like "I would like to hate you but you are just so nice."   "If I could lose 12 times to him in the final I would be happy."
Another thing we are seeing, how does Federer respond when he plays guys who do not worship but stand their ground against him (eg-Nadal, Djokovic, Murray).

-Roddick has been on the short side of a famously lopsided and destructive rivalry with Federer, making it obvious wherever his abilities lye they are a chasm beneath Federer's.   Thus the more exceptional Federer is made out to be, the more he can still mantain as much credability and vindication as possible about his own abilities.   The less exceptional and unwordly Federer is made out to be, the less good and the further diminished his own abilities are made to look.   

-As for the 2 slam finals and 1 slam semi part, I will again reinterate what I have pointed out many times.  Federer as the #1 ranked player going into all 3 of those slams benefited from some cushy draws to achieve some of those.   I wont say anything about his final at Wimbledon, as he showed with his performance in that final he was the 2nd best player of that tournament.   He certainly as hell was not the 2nd best player or a worthy finalist at the French Open at all, and the draw is the only reason he was in the finals there.   As the pathetic embarssment of a French Open final showed, he certainly did not belong there given his form that tournament.    The fact an overrated clown like Monfils nearly beat him shows there are probably 4 or 5 guys in Nadal's much tougher half who would have as well.   At the Australian Open he again struggled through an easy draw before Djokovic stripped him down in the semis.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2008, 11:01:33 AM »

I think it's sexy ;)
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2008, 06:24:03 PM »
Actually right now it would be Roger Federer.
Really?  What's his rating and how much is he 'over'?

Troll Alert! Troll Alert! Troll Alert! Troll Alert!

Please don't feed the trolls. Thank you. :shiny:

does that apply to you as well??

:rofl_2: Good one dmast!
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2008, 06:25:51 PM »

I actually read a couple of great posts by Kittens just the other day!!! :)

Usually the "great post" doesn't involve Roger.

Why should it??

Is there a written rule that states otherwise???? Just curious  :)

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2008, 06:28:01 PM »

does that apply to you as well??

:rofl_2: Good one dmast!

Does that apply to you as well??

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2008, 06:30:54 PM »
 :confused1:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Pamqnx

• Tennis God
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2008, 07:36:26 PM »

Why should it??

You didn't understand, as usual.

She says that when kittens is talking about Federer, it's usually rubbish.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2008, 06:19:39 PM »

Why should it??

I did indeed understand, Dallas has a problem (like many Roger fans), with any thing written about Roger that is negative!!!

:)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2008, 08:07:01 PM »

Why should it??

I did indeed understand, Dallas has a problem (like many Roger fans), with any thing written about Roger that is negative!!!

:)

Alison can read minds now to tell me what I have a problem with!? :rofl_2: