Poll

Who is the most overrated player in tennis?

Andy Roddick
3 (30%)
Roddick, Andy
3 (30%)
Andrew Stephen Roddick
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Who is the most overrated player in tennis?  (Read 17931 times)

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
Re: Who is the most overrated player in tennis?
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2008, 10:32:09 PM »
 :yawn:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2008, 11:01:50 PM »
I laugh how the bellyaching and moaning starts the moment I dare to suggest his heighness is overrated.   :rofl_2:   My someone struck a nerve, a few Federer fanatics on this site here isnt there (like that was ever a secret).

It is very easy to explain my view Federer is currently very overrated and possibly the most overrated player out there right now.   

-He still receives praise from alot of people, especialy his "fan base" as if he were clearly one of the top 2 players in the world and the true rival to Nadal for the #1 ranking.  This is so far from the current truth it is not even funny.  The guy has not only won 0 slams this year, but 0 Masters titles.  In fact the only tournaments he has won are two rinky dinky tournaments in Estoril in Halle.    The guy has mounted up humiliating loss after humiliating loss this year, pretty much all of his beloved hard courts- Fish, a slumping Roddick, Blake, Stepanek on clay, Simon, Karlovic.   Someone like Djokovic has hugely outperformed Federer this year, winning the Australian Open, winning a Masters title on hard courts in Indian Wells, a Masters title on clay in Rome, beating Nadal more then once, killing Federer in a grand slam semi.   Federer is not at all worthy of praise as being clearly one of the top 2 players in the world, when he is at best a distant 3rd best right now, and not worthy of being regarded nearly as much a threat as his deluded fan base imparticular like to think he is.

-He is also being exposed as being overrated in a historical sense.   What does it say to his legacy compared to some of the past all time greats like Sampras, Borg, Laver, and even guys like Lendl, McEnroe, Connnors, when he was so easily overthrown at the age of only 26 and 27 once some players of quality emerged.   He dominated for years beating up on second rate opponents like Roddick and Hewitt, and while Nadal was still finding his way on surface other then clay he allowed himself to be abused like a jailhouse bully by the young Nadal on clay.    Now that Nadal and Djokovic are coming into their primes he cant win anymore, or so it is proving so far.    This is the point Federer has to prove himself worthy of even being in the same discussion as some of the guys I mentioned.   Being overthrown so easily once any first tier talent finally emerges, at an age where it is not excusable to be "past your prime" only tarnishes his greatness a huge deal, as it makes it look like he cant win againt top opposition.

Lastly as for Dallas's Roddick quote I say:

-Roddick is a renowned Federer ass kisser so of course I am not surprised nor do I really care what he says.  These are the same Federer patsies who gush over him after big slam semi or final losses with quotes like "I would like to hate you but you are just so nice."   "If I could lose 12 times to him in the final I would be happy."
Another thing we are seeing, how does Federer respond when he plays guys who do not worship but stand their ground against him (eg-Nadal, Djokovic, Murray).

-Roddick has been on the short side of a famously lopsided and destructive rivalry with Federer, making it obvious wherever his abilities lye they are a chasm beneath Federer's.   Thus the more exceptional Federer is made out to be, the more he can still mantain as much credability and vindication as possible about his own abilities.   The less exceptional and unwordly Federer is made out to be, the less good and the further diminished his own abilities are made to look.   

-As for the 2 slam finals and 1 slam semi part, I will again reinterate what I have pointed out many times.  Federer as the #1 ranked player going into all 3 of those slams benefited from some cushy draws to achieve some of those.   I wont say anything about his final at Wimbledon, as he showed with his performance in that final he was the 2nd best player of that tournament.   He certainly as hell was not the 2nd best player or a worthy finalist at the French Open at all, and the draw is the only reason he was in the finals there.   As the pathetic embarssment of a French Open final showed, he certainly did not belong there given his form that tournament.    The fact an overrated clown like Monfils nearly beat him shows there are probably 4 or 5 guys in Nadal's much tougher half who would have as well.   At the Australian Open he again struggled through an easy draw before Djokovic stripped him down in the semis.

excellent post.......post of this year.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2008, 11:03:51 PM »
I laugh how the bellyaching and moaning starts the moment I dare to suggest his heighness is overrated.   :rofl_2:   My someone struck a nerve, a few Federer fanatics on this site here isnt there (like that was ever a secret).

It is very easy to explain my view Federer is currently very overrated and possibly the most overrated player out there right now.   

-He still receives praise from alot of people, especialy his "fan base" as if he were clearly one of the top 2 players in the world and the true rival to Nadal for the #1 ranking.  This is so far from the current truth it is not even funny.  The guy has not only won 0 slams this year, but 0 Masters titles.  In fact the only tournaments he has won are two rinky dinky tournaments in Estoril in Halle.    The guy has mounted up humiliating loss after humiliating loss this year, pretty much all of his beloved hard courts- Fish, a slumping Roddick, Blake, Stepanek on clay, Simon, Karlovic.   Someone like Djokovic has hugely outperformed Federer this year, winning the Australian Open, winning a Masters title on hard courts in Indian Wells, a Masters title on clay in Rome, beating Nadal more then once, killing Federer in a grand slam semi.   Federer is not at all worthy of praise as being clearly one of the top 2 players in the world, when he is at best a distant 3rd best right now, and not worthy of being regarded nearly as much a threat as his deluded fan base imparticular like to think he is.

-He is also being exposed as being overrated in a historical sense.   What does it say to his legacy compared to some of the past all time greats like Sampras, Borg, Laver, and even guys like Lendl, McEnroe, Connnors, when he was so easily overthrown at the age of only 26 and 27 once some players of quality emerged.   He dominated for years beating up on second rate opponents like Roddick and Hewitt, and while Nadal was still finding his way on surface other then clay he allowed himself to be abused like a jailhouse bully by the young Nadal on clay.    Now that Nadal and Djokovic are coming into their primes he cant win anymore, or so it is proving so far.    This is the point Federer has to prove himself worthy of even being in the same discussion as some of the guys I mentioned.   Being overthrown so easily once any first tier talent finally emerges, at an age where it is not excusable to be "past your prime" only tarnishes his greatness a huge deal, as it makes it look like he cant win againt top opposition.

-Roddick is a renowned Federer ass kisser so of course I am not surprised nor do I really care what he says.  These are the same Federer patsies who gush over him after big slam semi or final losses with quotes like "I would like to hate you but you are just so nice."   "If I could lose 12 times to him in the final I would be happy."
Another thing we are seeing, how does Federer respond when he plays guys who do not worship but stand their ground against him (eg-Nadal, Djokovic, Murray).

-Roddick has been on the short side of a famously lopsided and destructive rivalry with Federer, making it obvious wherever his abilities lye they are a chasm beneath Federer's.   Thus the more exceptional Federer is made out to be, the more he can still mantain as much credability and vindication as possible about his own abilities.   The less exceptional and unwordly Federer is made out to be, the less good and the further diminished his own abilities are made to look.   

-As for the 2 slam finals and 1 slam semi part, I will again reinterate what I have pointed out many times.  Federer as the #1 ranked player going into all 3 of those slams benefited from some cushy draws to achieve some of those.   I wont say anything about his final at Wimbledon, as he showed with his performance in that final he was the 2nd best player of that tournament.   He certainly as hell was not the 2nd best player or a worthy finalist at the French Open at all, and the draw is the only reason he was in the finals there.   As the pathetic embarssment of a French Open final showed, he certainly did not belong there given his form that tournament.    The fact an overrated clown like Monfils nearly beat him shows there are probably 4 or 5 guys in Nadal's much tougher half who would have as well.   At the Australian Open he again struggled through an easy draw before Djokovic stripped him down in the semis.

And why does this not surprise me!? :whistle: :rofl_2:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2008, 11:05:13 PM »

because everything in that post is blatant..........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Pamqnx

• Tennis God
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2008, 04:55:50 AM »

I agree, it's a blatant lie.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2008, 05:04:21 AM »

You guys are cracking me up with all this back and forth going on  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline TennisVeritas

• Tennis God
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2008, 08:42:41 AM »

Indeed, nothing more than blatant lie (or silly remarks if you want)..A simple fact to prove that:

Overrated a player who is on the verge to reach (let's hope he will be able to do that) HIS 18 GS semi in a row.. :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

"The more you lose, the more they believe they can beat me. But believing is not enough, you still have to beat me" Roger Federer.

We can be knowledgeable with other men's knowledge, we can only be wise with our own wisdom

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2008, 08:54:58 AM »

only to blind followers of federer who can't see and digest anyone apart from him........to others, it's simply blatant what kittens has written........

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2008, 09:00:25 AM »

only to blind followers of federer who can't see and digest anyone apart from him........to others, it's simply blatant what kittens has written........

Actually, I think most other non-Federer fans will agree with the Federer fans here. Only you, Kittens and Hercules would probably agree with this post, because you are the great 'objective' posters.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2008, 09:02:47 AM »

Actually, I think most other non-Federer fans will agree with the Federer fans here. Only you, Kittens and Hercules would probably agree with this post, because you are the great 'objective' posters.
'thanks'. unfortunately, there are only few people who write what they see before the eyes, without hiding anything..........

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2008, 09:08:54 AM »
'thanks'. unfortunately, there are only few people who write what they see before the eyes, without hiding anything..........
[/quote]

shankar, is it pure coincidence that the 3 'objective' posters are 3 of the biggest Rafa fans in this forum? Or, more likely, is it just you, hercules and kittens blowing your own trumpets, pretending to be 'astro predictors' while wimping out of any Pick 'Em games, and between you running an anti-fed campaign on here? You don't like the guy, you love Rafa, WE GET IT!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2008, 09:15:56 AM »

shankar, is it pure coincidence that the 3 'objective' posters are 3 of the biggest Rafa fans in this forum? Or, more likely, is it just you, hercules and kittens blowing your own trumpets, pretending to be 'astro predictors' while wimping out of any Pick 'Em games, and between you running an anti-fed campaign on here? You don't like the guy, you love Rafa, WE GET IT!
[/quote]anti-fed campaign? are you nuts? stating honest opinions on players is anti-talk? if you can, beat what i state or even hercs or kittens says, by being objective.........why get personal? we are all here to have some fun discussing about tennis..........

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2008, 09:17:46 AM »

anti-fed campaign? are you nuts? stating honest opinions on players is anti-talk? if you can, beat what i state or even hercs or kittens says, by being objective.........why get personal? we are all here to have some fun discussing about tennis..........
[/quote]

OK then, maybe you have convinced yourself that what you say is true. See a shrink. Beat what you state? You can't have a reasonable argument with somebody as closed-minded as yourselves. As for having fun, that's the idea, but right now, this place isn't much fun.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2008, 09:29:57 AM »

anti-fed campaign? are you nuts? stating honest opinions on players is anti-talk? if you can, beat what i state or even hercs or kittens says, by being objective.........why get personal? we are all here to have some fun discussing about tennis..........

OK then, maybe you have convinced yourself that what you say is true. See a shrink. Beat what you state? You can't have a reasonable argument with somebody as closed-minded as yourselves. As for having fun, that's the idea, but right now, this place isn't much fun.
[/quote]if you think it is untrue, try to beat it.........that's what i said. why do you get personal by making comments like i am narrow-minded? the problem you all have got going for yourselves is that federer is not doing well currently and the thing which works better for you is getting after nadal fans, than being reasonable and patient in discussing the ups and downs of your man with objective posters like us........there are some really nice federer fans in this forums though, with whom i enjoy a lot discussing........like jeffrx, tennisfan78, dallas, etc. to name a few.........

and the reason why you don't feel like having fun here these days is that federer is flopping.......so you don't have much to gloat about your hero........at the same time you also get a chance to blame fans of other posters indirectly and feel happy inside, than just admitting the reality and building up nice discussions.........

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2008, 09:46:36 AM »

if you think it is untrue, try to beat it.........that's what i said. why do you get personal by making comments like i am narrow-minded? the problem you all have got going for yourselves is that federer is not doing well currently and the thing which works better for you is getting after nadal fans, than being reasonable and patient in discussing the ups and downs of your man with objective posters like us........there are some really nice federer fans in this forums though, with whom i enjoy a lot discussing........like jeffrx, tennisfan78, dallas, etc. to name a few.........

and the reason why you don't feel like having fun here these days is that federer is flopping.......so you don't have much to gloat about your hero........at the same time you also get a chance to blame fans of other posters indirectly and feel happy inside, than just admitting the reality and building up nice discussions.........
[/quote]

I make those comments because you are narrow-minded, and I'm not going to try and beat your arguments because you are a total waste of time to argue with because you will always come back with the same totally unobjective opinion, no matter how much you claim to be objective, you are nowhere near.

I don't have fun because I can't gloat about my hero?  :rofl_2: You've been on here about 6 months, in which time I've done no gloating about federer, and you immediately make that assumption? This place is becoming less fun because 3 Nadal fans are trolling the board with biased opinions and gloating yourself at every oppurtunity. This will be the last time I respond to you because you are the single most objectionable poster I see on this board.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2008, 09:50:02 AM »

if you think it is untrue, try to beat it.........that's what i said. why do you get personal by making comments like i am narrow-minded? the problem you all have got going for yourselves is that federer is not doing well currently and the thing which works better for you is getting after nadal fans, than being reasonable and patient in discussing the ups and downs of your man with objective posters like us........there are some really nice federer fans in this forums though, with whom i enjoy a lot discussing........like jeffrx, tennisfan78, dallas, etc. to name a few.........

I make those comments because you are narrow-minded, and I'm not going to try and beat your arguments because you are a total waste of time to argue with because you will always come back with the same totally unobjective opinion, no matter how much you claim to be objective, you are nowhere near.

I don't have fun because I can't gloat about my hero?  :rofl_2: You've been on here about 6 months, in which time I've done no gloating about federer, and you immediately make that assumption? This place is becoming less fun because 3 Nadal fans are trolling the board with biased opinions and gloating yourself at every oppurtunity. This will be the last time I respond to you because you are the single most objectionable poster I see on this board.
[/quote]again, personal bashing........you posted like a funny bunny there.......i don't have much left to argue with you..........

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2008, 09:52:29 AM »

affirmative. as far as i can tell, Kittens, Shankar, and myself (the great Hercules aka Clay Death) always call it like it is.

for instance,Kittens called the disturbing trends in Fed`s game over a year ago and got castigated by the blind worshippers.

i always call it like i see it it. i often get attacked by Nadal fans for being too harsh on  the Clay Monster. for instance, he played like crap yesterday. just totally out of sync. the serve is basically still pathetic and very attackable the guy is hitting 99 MPH first serves. that is just ridiculous.

in additions, the returns are useless and defensive. do i need to go on? you get the idea. i always call it the way it is transpiring right before our eyes.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 09:54:33 AM by hercules »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2008, 10:01:48 AM »
true.......though internally i believed that he can, i even started a thread on whether rafael can ever overcome his limitations if anyone remembers........i din't like his constant defensive approach on hardcourts and started questioning if he can improve on that areas like serve and net skills because he is a natural righty and i pointed that out........but i never doubted him, was always confident about the guy that he's gonna make improvements  and he did exactly that........so we had our criticisms on our fav player too.........hercs is right with his post above........

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2008, 10:04:40 AM »
Everybody has gotten their licks in. Time for the "polls" to close.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)