Author Topic: Obama Offers a Beautifully Packaged Lie  (Read 35053 times)

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
Re: Obama Offers a Beautifully Packaged Lie
« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2008, 09:36:32 PM »
Right on Dallas. 

Palin is failin'
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2008, 09:41:53 PM »
Me thinks that the odds are not that long that we see Palin disappear prior to the VP massacre   ;-()
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2008, 10:00:09 PM »
Did you guys see Palin's interview with Katie Couric?  You have to see it to see just how clueless she truly is!  She thinks that being "next to Russia" and "a border state to Canada" is solid foreign policy experience.  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

And I think this was the most akward, uncomfortable, clueless answers she gave during the interview. My mouth dropped when I heard this response. Plus, I love what Cafferty had to say in this clip. Brutally honest. :rofl_2:

There are actually two videos posted. One with Cafferty reading viewer responses. And the other with Cafferty "keeping it real." :rofl_2: I'll just post that one here. I'm more of a NPR, PBS guy but I might have to start checking out CNN!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8__aXxXPVc[/youtube]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/26/jack-cafferty-if-sarah-pa_n_129724.html

:// :// :// :// I don't care if you ARE for McClain... his running mate should scare the hail out of you!  Like he said, we're a  77 year old man ONE beat away from this lady being the President.  McCain, in my opinion, did NOT do himself any justice by picking her as a running mate.  Pathetic...and a little sad! :mad1:

I haven't addressed what I thought about Palin, but I can tell you I'm in full agreement with you. How in the world could McCain pick such a running mate? Any fool knows better than that.

And that decision by McCain is what scares me about him, not the kind of decision that shows me he can make other much harder decisions. Not the kind of decision that shows rationality. Where was his help and advisors when he chose Palin? Certainly someone knew of the shortcomings of that choice, just the average voter can see in no time how wrong it would be.

Yes, Palin scares me some but if McCain couldn't continue Palin would have some help. And be advised, constantly. Not the end of the world by any means.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2008, 10:04:36 PM »
I haven't addressed what I thought about Palin, but I can tell you I'm in full agreement with you. How in the world could McCain pick such a running mate? Any fool knows better than that.

We've been waiting for you to weigh in on that one...  ..-)
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #204 on: September 28, 2008, 10:13:12 PM »
If Palin becomes president, she will be the worst thing to happen since....well...Bush!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #205 on: September 28, 2008, 11:18:47 PM »
I have to say, Obama is going to take some heat for his support for this bailout... It's been reported from Dems that they are receiving calls from their constituents who say HELL NO bailout to the tune of 35:1 up to 200:1.

I'm going to keep an eye on ^^^that^^^.

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2008, 08:49:45 AM »
I wish someone would bail me out (pay my mortgage, car payments, billsm kids college fund).  Ain't that the new capitalism after all!   

Maybe if I was bailed out, me and Palin could go out shootin' together and we could carve up some fresh game.  Then we could go to her house, look out the window, and keep an eye on those damn Russians (and those unGodly Canadians).  I'd have plenty of money for that dream trip to Alaska....

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #207 on: September 29, 2008, 07:03:24 PM »

We've been waiting for you to weigh in on that one...  ..-)

You didn't think I would support Palin, did you????   :-o

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #208 on: September 29, 2008, 07:36:39 PM »
Did you guys see Palin's interview with Katie Couric?  You have to see it to see just how clueless she truly is!  She thinks that being "next to Russia" and "a border state to Canada" is solid foreign policy experience.  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

And I think this was the most akward, uncomfortable, clueless answers she gave during the interview. My mouth dropped when I heard this response. Plus, I love what Cafferty had to say in this clip. Brutally honest. :rofl_2:

There are actually two videos posted. One with Cafferty reading viewer responses. And the other with Cafferty "keeping it real." :rofl_2: I'll just post that one here. I'm more of a NPR, PBS guy but I might have to start checking out CNN!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8__aXxXPVc[/youtube]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/26/jack-cafferty-if-sarah-pa_n_129724.html

:// :// :// :// I don't care if you ARE for McClain... his running mate should scare the hail out of you!  Like he said, we're a  77 year old man ONE beat away from this lady being the President.  McCain, in my opinion, did NOT do himself any justice by picking her as a running mate.  Pathetic...and a little sad! :mad1:

Couldn't agree more Dallas. She makes for good entertainment though! :rofl_2:
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #209 on: September 30, 2008, 08:29:02 PM »
I have to say that Palin is pretty unimpressive in an interview. I mean I got the impression she was running for class president in her high school or something. She's just not poised, and she doesn't have the ready answers, other than those that she has been coached to give. That makes for very difficult listening.
Hope she will improve her presence, smooth out the rough edges and find her voice. Her real voice.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #210 on: October 03, 2008, 07:58:03 AM »
Did you guys watch the VP debate?  I did, and I can say that Biden won the debate, but Palin did not embarrass herself, she actually held her own (even though she was a bit goofy).  She did dodge a few questions, but rather than answer questions she did not know too much about, she elected to change the subject. 

So, if showing up and not making a complete fool of herself was where the bar was set to declare a Palin victory, she won!

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2008, 10:45:04 AM »
I have to say that Palin is pretty unimpressive in an interview. I mean I got the impression she was running for class president in her high school or something. She's just not poised, and she doesn't have the ready answers, other than those that she has been coached to give. That makes for very difficult listening.
Hope she will improve her presence, smooth out the rough edges and find her voice. Her real voice.

Her bedroom voice... That's probably the only reason half the men voting for her do so.

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
  • Child labor laws are ruining this country.
« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2008, 10:56:11 AM »

Doggone it, you betcha!

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
« Reply #213 on: October 03, 2008, 12:02:59 PM »

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #214 on: October 03, 2008, 12:50:15 PM »

LOL....that was great.  Made my day! 

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
« Reply #215 on: October 03, 2008, 01:57:02 PM »
I will print this out, frame it and post it on my cubicle wall at work.

IFILL: Let's talk conventional wisdom for a moment. The conventional wisdom, Gov. Palin with you, is that your Achilles heel is that you lack experience. Your conventional wisdom against you is that your Achilles heel is that you lack discipline, Sen. Biden. What is it really for you, Gov. Palin? What is it really for you, Sen. Biden? Start with you, governor.

PALIN: My experience as an executive will be put to good use as a mayor and business owner and oil and gas regulator and then as governor of a huge state, a huge energy producing state that is accounting for much progress towards getting our nation energy independence and that's extremely important.

But it wasn't just that experience tapped into, it was my connection to the heartland of America. Being a mom, one very concerned about a son in the war, about a special needs child, about kids heading off to college, how are we going to pay those tuition bills? About times and Todd and our marriage in our past where we didn't have health insurance and we know what other Americans are going through as they sit around the kitchen table and try to figure out how are they going to pay out-of-pocket for health care? We've been there also so that connection was important.

But even more important is that world view that I share with John McCain. That world view that says that America is a nation of exceptionalism. And we are to be that shining city on a hill, as President Reagan so beautifully said, that we are a beacon of hope and that we are unapologetic here. We are not perfect as a nation. But together, we represent a perfect ideal. And that is democracy and tolerance and freedom and equal rights. Those things that we stand for that can be put to good use as a force for good in this world.

John McCain and I share that. You combine all that with being a team with the only track record of making a really, a difference in where we've been and reforming, that's a good team, it's a good ticket.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #216 on: October 03, 2008, 02:10:53 PM »
Wow! She really hits the sweat spot. No wonder she is on the ticket!
Look at all the things she brings to the table:

She's a she;
she's not bad to look at;
she's got a son in combat;
she's got a daughter who is a single mom;
she's got a special needs (autistic?) child;
she's an NRA member;

She's got this thing wired.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #217 on: October 03, 2008, 04:45:21 PM »
Did you guys watch the VP debate?  I did, and I can say that Biden won the debate, but Palin did not embarrass herself, she actually held her own (even though she was a bit goofy).  She did dodge a few questions, but rather than answer questions she did not know too much about, she elected to change the subject. 

So, if showing up and not making a complete fool of herself was where the bar was set to declare a Palin victory, she won!

Last night Biden turned in one of the best debate performance of every candidate in the race. There was detail on top of detail, specifics on top of specifics, just pure substance through and through. I look at the man and I know if need be, he can be president. Initially, I had hoped that Barack would have chosen another running mate. Not because I didn't think Biden was capable(he clearly is) but because I felt choosing someone from a swing state(therefore playing to the EC map) would have been beneficial. However, the mere fact that Obama didn't go that route, the easier route, says a lot about him, he puts country first. I only wish the format hadn't been altered the way it was. Otherwise Biden ( and Gwen Iffel) would have been able to press Palin a lot more than they did.

Sarah Palin gave us an overly rehearsed monologue. Her entire performance was scripted from the winking to the "gosh darns." She evaded questions, gave no specifics and rambled incoherently at times. She was excruciatingly fake, to the point of sounding mechanical. She's an actor, clearly not a good one. She showed no compassion when Biden spoke about the loss of his wife, being a single father afterward and not knowing the fate of his son. She wasn't listening. Probably because she couldn't allow any new information into her head, otherwise she'd forget her script. It was a sad display. I was watching the old VP debate between Geraldine Ferraro and Bush Sr. Though, Ferraro is a bit wacky these days, she displayed a excellent grasp of the issues, she really held her own against Bush. Not by being cutsie or folksy, but by knowing what the hell she was talking about. If you guys have the time, watch this clip and compare Ferraro's performance to Palin's.

http://cspanjunkie.org/?p=701
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 04:50:08 PM by Pacer »
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #218 on: October 03, 2008, 06:30:59 PM »
Well most people already have their minds made up on who they are going to vote so these debates don't accomplish too much.  But as far as the VP debate, it just reinforced my views again that if McClain does win, lord knows we better hope nothing happens to him because if that woman takes over as President - we will be in bad shape and probably the laughing stock of the world.

And personally.... I think she set the women's movement back about 20 years last night. (just MY opinion). :\

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #219 on: October 03, 2008, 09:09:06 PM »
You guys call that a 'debate'?

Holy s**t, I'm smarter than I thought.
CONK da ball!!!