Author Topic: Obama Offers a Beautifully Packaged Lie  (Read 33934 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Obama Offers a Beautifully Packaged Lie
« Reply #300 on: October 27, 2008, 05:10:37 PM »
Dmast, the chances of it getting worse has to be very very low! 

It can get worse if Mrs. Soccer mom becomes our VP and then possible President.... :whistle: :innocent:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #301 on: October 28, 2008, 12:55:54 AM »
Check out this ridiculosity! http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/deadlineusa/2008/oct/28/uselections2008-barackobama

The campaign's pretty much come down to what McCain can throw on Obama and if it sticks or not. McCain's on the defensive and all eh has left to talk about is Obama and the Democratic party are the only ones left talking about the country. That right there is perfect evidence.

Downright pathetic. Palin and McCain.. both. It's not a fluke that the whole republican party itself is in conflict between itself.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #302 on: October 28, 2008, 05:12:58 AM »
It's in the bag. It's been in the bag in the primaries.
Sometimes, though, it's not really a good thing to get what you wish for.
In this case the democrates will control both the executive and the congress. They will be in near complete control. But we won't be any better off than we are now, or were 4 years ago. In fact it may very well be much much worse. And it will be blamed on Obama, and the democrates, just like it was with Carter in the '70s.
It will be fun to listen to the peeps scream as the tax rate soars for both businesses and citizens.
National Healthcare isn't going to pay for itself, and I'll be jiggered if I'm going to pay for it as a business owner or private citizen.
I'm just gonna sit back, watch, and laugh.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #303 on: October 28, 2008, 08:25:30 AM »
In this case the democrates will control both the executive and the congress. They will be in near complete control. But we won't be any better off than we are now, or were 4 years ago. In fact it may very well be much much worse. And it will be blamed on Obama, and the democrates, just like it was with Carter in the '70s.
It will be fun to listen to the peeps scream as the tax rate soars for both businesses and citizens.
National Healthcare isn't going to pay for itself, and I'll be jiggered if I'm going to pay for it as a business owner or private citizen.

If what you say comes to pass, then don't you mean cry.   ;-()

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #304 on: October 28, 2008, 08:59:28 AM »

How about as a human being?

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #305 on: October 28, 2008, 10:12:19 AM »

:// Trust me, he and I have already had this discussion. :Confused:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #306 on: October 28, 2008, 11:29:29 AM »

So have the 2 of them I believe. 

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #307 on: October 28, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »

So have the 2 of them I believe. 

Yeah, we have. It takes me a long time to get bored of arguments  :whistle:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #308 on: October 28, 2008, 12:09:48 PM »

Trust me, I'm a human being. ;-()

Why don't you ask BGT which poster paid for long distance calls out of his own pocket to give her scoring updates during a slam when no other poster stepped up to the plate...

I'm all about helping people, just don't force me to do it through taxation.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #309 on: October 28, 2008, 05:27:12 PM »

Why don't you ask BGT which poster paid for long distance calls out of his own pocket to give her scoring updates during a slam when no other poster stepped up to the plate...

If you had used your cell phone, it would have been free under mobile to mobile. :)~

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #310 on: October 28, 2008, 09:02:35 PM »
Six Ways McCain Could Still Win

6. Thirty million young, first-time voters oversleep, forget to go to polls on Nov. 4.

5. Sarah Palin reveals secret past as Rhodes Scholar; admits "hockey mom" thing was just a ruse -- to avoid being called an "elitist."

4. Economic collapse ends, Dow hits new high. Mortage lenders that foreclosed on new homeowners say "never mind."

3. Al Qaeda throws in the towel, Osama turns himself in at the gates of Gitmo -- Bush declares "Mission Accomplished."

2. Jesus appears in Washington, D.C., urges Americans to vote the McCain-Palin ticket.

. . . and the number one way McCain could still win:

Supreme Court in 5-4 ruling declares McCain president.

:cool:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #311 on: October 28, 2008, 11:28:04 PM »
John Mccain, in my opinion is the clear winner here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmpOtrLf-Is[/youtube]

(
)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #312 on: October 29, 2008, 04:48:50 AM »

If you had used your cell phone, it would have been free under mobile to mobile. :)~
What is a 'cell phone'?  Something you use in prison?   :Confused:

Now that would have been one reasonable use of the mobile telephone! :))

As you may have guessed, I only have a stationary phone and that works for me.

It looks like both you and the other posters missed the point...or chose to ignore it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 04:51:48 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #313 on: October 29, 2008, 10:34:11 AM »
Six Ways McCain Could Still Win

6. Thirty million young, first-time voters oversleep, forget to go to polls on Nov. 4.

5. Sarah Palin reveals secret past as Rhodes Scholar; admits "hockey mom" thing was just a ruse -- to avoid being called an "elitist."

4. Economic collapse ends, Dow hits new high. Mortage lenders that foreclosed on new homeowners say "never mind."

3. Al Qaeda throws in the towel, Osama turns himself in at the gates of Gitmo -- Bush declares "Mission Accomplished."

2. Jesus appears in Washington, D.C., urges Americans to vote the McCain-Palin ticket.

. . . and the number one way McCain could still win:

Supreme Court in 5-4 ruling declares McCain president.

:cool:

Good one's swish! 
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #314 on: November 01, 2008, 01:42:26 AM »
where do you find the most up to date standings on how each candidate is doing in a particular state? google trends perhaps?

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #315 on: November 01, 2008, 10:44:26 AM »
Maybe CNN Politics

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #316 on: November 01, 2008, 12:33:58 PM »
where do you find the most up to date standings on how each candidate is doing in a particular state? google trends perhaps?

My personal fav is fiverthirtyeight:

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

Real clear politics is ok too.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #317 on: November 03, 2008, 03:16:11 PM »
Tommorrow is the big day!   I've been working hard on a big presentation I have to give at work Friday so have not had too much time to post, but I would be falling short if I did not ask you all to please support Obama, the candidate who will lower your taxes if you are making less than $250K for a family, get all Americans healthcare at affordable rates, and help to restore the USA as a respected nation in the world's eyes. 

If you support McCain, go vote for him.  I'll still like you.  :-) 
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #318 on: November 03, 2008, 03:52:35 PM »
I won't!   :mad1:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #319 on: November 03, 2008, 06:44:15 PM »
Tommorrow is the big day!   I've been working hard on a big presentation I have to give at work Friday so have not had too much time to post, but I would be falling short if I did not ask you all to please support Obama, the candidate who will lower your taxes if you are making less than $250K for a family, get all Americans healthcare at affordable rates, and help to restore the USA as a respected nation in the world's eyes. 

If you support McCain, go vote for him.  I'll still like you.  :-) 
Don't tell me you fell for that one?!?!?  Who, pray tell, will be footing the bill for all these wonderful social services? :rofl_2:

What is the end result of a system that rewards hard work with higher taxation?  Do you suppose it's hard workers? :rofl_2:

Be careful what you wish for Jeff, you may get it! ;-()
CONK da ball!!!