Author Topic: Obama Offers a Beautifully Packaged Lie  (Read 34879 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: Obama Offers a Beautifully Packaged Lie
« Reply #320 on: November 03, 2008, 10:58:44 PM »
GO OBAMA :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 10:59:44 PM by Alex »

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #321 on: November 03, 2008, 11:47:38 PM »
Tommorrow is the big day!   I've been working hard on a big presentation I have to give at work Friday so have not had too much time to post, but I would be falling short if I did not ask you all to please support Obama, the candidate who will lower your taxes if you are making less than $250K for a family, get all Americans healthcare at affordable rates, and help to restore the USA as a respected nation in the world's eyes. 

If you support McCain, go vote for him.  I'll still like you.  :-) 
Don't tell me you fell for that one?!?!?  Who, pray tell, will be footing the bill for all these wonderful social services? :rofl_2:

What is the end result of a system that rewards hard work with higher taxation?  Do you suppose it's hard workers? :rofl_2:

Be careful what you wish for Jeff, you may get it! ;-()

The ones making over 250 K. :dunno:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #322 on: November 04, 2008, 04:50:24 AM »
Tommorrow is the big day!   I've been working hard on a big presentation I have to give at work Friday so have not had too much time to post, but I would be falling short if I did not ask you all to please support Obama, the candidate who will lower your taxes if you are making less than $250K for a family, get all Americans healthcare at affordable rates, and help to restore the USA as a respected nation in the world's eyes. 

Don't tell me you fell for that one?!?!?  Who, pray tell, will be footing the bill for all these wonderful social services? :rofl_2:

What is the end result of a system that rewards hard work with higher taxation?  Do you suppose it's hard workers? :rofl_2:

Let me ask another question that might clarify the issue.

What politician has ever run on a platform of raising taxes?

Senator Obama's proposal DURING THE CAMPAIGN states a tax cut for those making under $250K.  That is wonderful news isn't it? :) :\ :confused1:  Where do you suppose that additional money will come from as he begins to implement his social services?  Who is it, that's going to willingly part with the cash to pay for these programs?  Sounds to me like the people that stand to benefit the most from them would rather have a 'tax cut' than pay for additional services.

As you well know BGT, my thoughts and yours on 'fairness' differ.
Many people speak of citizens paying their 'fair share'.
Some folks think because a person has earned more that they should pay more and that's fair.
I think a system where everyone pays the same amount is 'fair'.

Anywhoooo...

All differences aside, I would encourage those who'd like to participate in this part of the process to make time today to cast your vote.  By all accounts, this should be a banner day for voter turnout.  Will the candidate with the most popular votes win? ;-() :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #323 on: November 04, 2008, 09:07:34 AM »
MT, I didn't know you make over $250 K a year.....................congrats to you!   ;-()

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #324 on: November 04, 2008, 10:45:15 AM »

Senator Obama's proposal DURING THE CAMPAIGN states a tax cut for those making under $250K.  That is wonderful news isn't it? :) :\ :confused1:  Where do you suppose that additional money will come from as he begins to implement his social services?  Who is it, that's going to willingly part with the cash to pay for these programs?  Sounds to me like the people that stand to benefit the most from them would rather have a 'tax cut' than pay for additional services.

Some folks think because a person has earned more that they should pay more and that's fair.

Anywhoooo...

All differences aside, I would encourage those who'd like to participate in this part of the process to make time today to cast your vote.  By all accounts, this should be a banner day for voter turnout.  Will the candidate with the most popular votes win? ;-() :rofl_2:

The same amount or same percentage? Because if someone makes $30,000/year and the tax amount is $50,000/year... :paper bag:

I'm sorry, I don't pity anyone who makes $250 K/year and gets taxed a bit more because they can afford it. I DO pity the single mother working 2 jobs and making $25,000 a year.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #325 on: November 04, 2008, 11:12:32 AM »

Anywhoooo...

The same amount or same percentage? Because if someone makes $30,000/year and the tax amount is $50,000/year... :paper bag:

I'm sorry, I don't pity anyone who makes $250 K/year and gets taxed a bit more because they can afford it. I DO pity the single mother working 2 jobs and making $25,000 a year.
No need to apologize.

Why should you pity anyone?
Everyone makes choices and there are consequences for those choices.

By what right, by what moral code do you seek to take the money I've earned and give it to another?
Why should I be forced to work harder to provide for someone else based on some arbitrary 'need'?
What person of integrity would accept that money if offered? :confused1:  Not I.

CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #326 on: November 04, 2008, 11:21:45 AM »
I got a question for ya MT.  I have heard your argument quite a bit know but I wonder this?  Do you not feel sorry at all for people that are raised by idiot parents?  You could have been raised by idiot parents and the cards would have been stacked against you. 

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #327 on: November 04, 2008, 01:06:50 PM »
I got a question for ya MT.  I have heard your argument quite a bit know but I wonder this?  Do you not feel sorry at all for people that are raised by idiot parents?  You could have been raised by idiot parents and the cards would have been stacked against you. 
Good question.

I'd follow the example of my father & mother by being a role model for these people.  Leading by example, I would build their self-respect and show them what is possible if they apply themselves.
Since I was a weee lad (picture that ;-()) my parents always befriended disadvantaged children in our
low-income neighborhood.  Not that we had much to give, they would make up 'chores' for the young people to do and then over pay them (above the minimum wage!!!) for their efforts.  They would also provide emotional support and food as needed since many of them were/are from just the homes you speak of.  Mind you this was done while my dad was working the typical 70-90 hour work week that most of our parents used to work. 

I'm all for helping people that truly need it.
I'd just as soon do it myself rather than have Big Brother do it for me.  Just take a look at the status of social services in the U.S. as we speak.  From welfare to social security it's a bloody effin' mess.  Giving these fools even more money to parcel out as they see fit is a crime against the working man.  Slavery was abolished once before in this country and now the Dems are trying to sneak it in through the back door once again. 

My life, my time, my efforts, shall be given to no man but by my choice. 

btw  I am well under the $250k mark in earnings. :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #328 on: November 04, 2008, 01:42:12 PM »
I hear ya!  Corruption kills all.  Some of these things are good in theory but fail when poorly managed or raped by corruption. 

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #329 on: November 04, 2008, 04:26:00 PM »

Just out of curiosity, you are aware that there are programs in place to help disadvantaged people already? I mean there is HUD housing, food stamps, welfare, medicaid, programs to lighten the load on every poor, or disadvantaged person in the US. The Obama campaign would have us believe there is nothing to help the poor. But the US does more than most other countries to help the poor. It's all paid for by the rich and middle class.
I'd say the cards are pretty much stacked against those who are honest, law abiding, and conscientious, but don't make a lot of money, but are too proud to take social services when it may help them, and it rewards those who cheat the system, or who have no conscience.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #330 on: November 04, 2008, 06:29:39 PM »
just one question, what time, ET-NYTime- is expected we will have the final result-decision and we will know the name of the new president and we will listen him? 11:00 pm NY or earlier?? thanks
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #331 on: November 04, 2008, 07:38:33 PM »
Around that time or a little later conchita.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #332 on: November 04, 2008, 07:56:44 PM »

Anywhoooo...

No need to apologize.

Why should you pity anyone?
Everyone makes choices and there are consequences for those choices.

By what right, by what moral code do you seek to take the money I've earned and give it to another?
Why should I be forced to work harder to provide for someone else based on some arbitrary 'need'?
What person of integrity would accept that money if offered? :confused1:  Not I.

The law. :rofl_2:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #333 on: November 04, 2008, 07:58:40 PM »
thanks BGT!  :) 11:00 am in NY, it's 5:00 am in Europe...quite a funny night waIting for the results of the American vote.
did you vote BGT?? do you think  there's a chance of a surprise winner tonight?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 08:00:32 PM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #334 on: November 04, 2008, 08:26:38 PM »
thanks BGT!  :) 11:00 am in NY, it's 5:00 am in Europe...quite a funny night waIting for the results of the American vote.

Nope, no surprises here. Obama is a lock.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #335 on: November 04, 2008, 08:38:00 PM »

I hope he will be a great and unforgettable President. America and the rest of the world need a great leader.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #336 on: November 04, 2008, 08:47:50 PM »

I hope he will be a great and unforgettable President. America and the rest of the world need a great leader.

I wish it were the case too. But I am shaking in my tennis shoes. This guy scares me.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #337 on: November 04, 2008, 08:56:11 PM »

I wish it were the case too. But I am shaking in my tennis shoes. This guy scares me.
My vote "went" to Hillary and I Lost.
I dont like Obama-Biden and McCain-Palin. sadly it's a scenario of who is not the worst! and this coming after 8 years of Bush.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #338 on: November 04, 2008, 09:00:47 PM »

I dont like Obama-Biden and McCain-Palin. sadly it's a scenario of who is not the worst! and this coming after 8 years of Bush.

Mine is for Ron Paul, which sadly is a waste. But there you go. The media would never allow a guy like Ron Paul get elected. In fact, McCain was big on campaign finance reform. So as far as the media is concerned he was toast. 80% of all the newspapers put their support behind Obama. All the big companies endorsed Obama (though they hedged their bets, of course). This guy is the big money candidate, despite his rhetoric.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #339 on: November 04, 2008, 09:06:30 PM »

Mine is for Ron Paul, which sadly is a waste. But there you go. The media would never allow a guy like Ron Paul get elected. In fact, McCain was big on campaign finance reform. So as far as the media is concerned he was toast. 80% of all the newspapers put their support behind Obama. All the big companies endorsed Obama (though they hedged their bets, of course). This guy is the big money candidate, despite his rhetoric.
Excellent post Dmas! he has been embraced by all the media in the world from the NYTIMES-WHPOST to TIME-LE MONDE. Obama raised funds for his campaign that are a record. People via the media (CNN-Newspapers) were told to vote him!! He promised changes, let's see his plans now!