Author Topic: Obama Offers a Beautifully Packaged Lie  (Read 35171 times)

Offline The-Raw-Edge

• Tennis Enthusiast
Re: Obama Offers a Beautifully Packaged Lie
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2008, 08:38:11 AM »
I got a -5.0 on the Economic
I got a -.97 on the Social

I guess that means I am pretty close to center on social aspects, but I am pretty far left on the $$$ stuff.  Sounds about right.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2008, 08:38:29 AM »
http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Found this test to see where people are politically. I'm guessing even the American's who think they're left-wing are more right-wing than most Brits  :whistle:

I got 5.38 on the Economic, 0.26 on the Social scale. Anybody else going to take it?
Ayuh. :)

I'm guessing you'll score 10 and 10  :whistle:
10/10. Is that the top right corner of the blue?

Yeah. As it is, economically you're about the same as Obama :-o
I hope that's not a bad thing! :Confused: :confused1: :)

Well, weren't you slagging him off above?
I think he and I live by very different philosophies. 
Perhaps on this particular test our views overlap?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2008, 08:39:17 AM »

I guess that means I am pretty close to center on social aspects, but I am pretty far left on the $$$ stuff.  Sounds about right.

I thought you said you had -9.7 on Social for a moment, I was thinking you were an anarchist :-o

Offline The-Raw-Edge

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2008, 08:40:48 AM »

I thought you said you had -9.7 on Social for a moment, I was thinking you were an anarchist :-o

Nope....just a -.97 so pretty middle ground there. 

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2008, 08:44:23 AM »

Nope....just a -.97 so pretty middle ground there. 

I'm the same there, I guess we shouldn't discuss economics together though  :whistle:

Offline retro

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2008, 08:44:25 AM »
...than he should make a good president, because good lying is the most needed trait to be a great president :whistle:

Anyway, any president following the Bush administration will probably go down as a bad president because there is so much to be fix in the country.

PS
Four to eight years ago if I actually voted, I would have voted for Mccain.
I lost the will to live mid way through the first set!
 ~*Supernova*~   from wtaworld.com

Victoria Azarenka d. Kaia Kanepi 7-6(5) 6-3
May 7, 2009

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2008, 08:46:13 AM »
...than he should make a good president, because good lying is the most needed trait to be a great president :whistle:

Anyway, any president following the Bush administration will probably go down as a bad president because there is so much to be fix in the country.

PS
Four to eight years ago if I actually voted, I would have voted for Mccain.
You just described William Jefferson Clinton to a "T"! :rofl_2:

I guess that's why so many people loved him then and now!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2008, 08:47:15 AM »
The more I learn about McCain, the less I like him. :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2008, 08:59:39 AM »
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.31

Don't really know much about politics, but gave it a shot!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2008, 09:05:13 AM »
Oh dear. My score puts me closest to being a Liberal Democrat  :scared:

Well from what you said your score was, that puts you pretty close to Gordon Brown on the scale :)~ He looked to get a few more points on the social tests though. You and me are closest to Angela Merkel?

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2008, 09:07:51 AM »
Oh dear. My score puts me closest to being a Liberal Democrat  :scared:

Well from what you said your score was, that puts you pretty close to Gordon Brown on the scale :)~ He looked to get a few more points on the social tests though. You and me are closest to Angela Merkel?

Whereas your score puts you close to BNP on economics, though again, they're way above you on social  :rofl_2:

I'm closest to Merkel, you're closest to the Pope and Mahmoud Abbas.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2008, 10:00:04 AM »
Here's another political quiz that tries to match up your viewpoints with a candidate.  You indicate your choice and then decide how important that issue is to you. 

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/candidate-match-game.htm

Looks like I should vote for McCain by a landslide.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2008, 11:04:14 AM »
First off, I find the title of this thread offensive, but it's a free country and you are entitled to start a thread.

Secondly, I agree with whoever said who ever wins the election will probably go down as a bad president because this country is in such a mess.  In my opinion, we're in a mess because of 8 years of Bush and the republican party. (just my view). 

Now people can talk all they want about Clinton's personal life and his "no sex" comment, but when he was in office, not only was the budget balanced, but we had a SURPLUS!  The economy was going good, the unemployment rate was low....then came 8 years of BUSH and look where we are now.  We definitely can't continue going in the same direction we're going, and since McClain voted 95% WITH BUSH, I don't see anything different with what he will bring to the white house.   Heck, with McClain in office heck, talk about being in 1 war, we may be in 5 or 6!

That's all I'm going to say.  Again, everyone can do their part by voting, but if your mind is already made up on who you're going to vote for - then it's a waste of time 'arguing'.  And as a Obama supporter, the title offends me because "politically correct' it should have both names in that title.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2008, 11:06:59 AM »
Secondly, I agree with whoever said who ever wins the election will probably go down as a bad president because this country is in such a mess.

In my opinion Dallas, this is exactly what's been happening with Britain and Gordon Brown. In fact a lot of people in Britain will agree. And also the matter is made even worse by the fact that Brown is Scottish. He tries his best but is pounced on at every opportunity.

And now that I have mentioned the word "Scottish", there can only be a matter of time before kickserve leaps on me and starts an argument...

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2008, 11:10:31 AM »
Took the poll. It was intersting.
My scores were:
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72  :dunno:
I think if 100 people took this test 95 of them would be with in .5 or 1 of the center in any direction. This is why both the Republican party and the Democratic party will not nominate a far left or far right person.
In fact I think it's more likely that a far left would be presented as a candidate because they would be a bread and circuses candidate. Take from the rich and give to the poor. Yeah! That's what we need to do!
But a good leader will do what's right for the whole and not what's right for individuals. Drastic measures are needed to fix what's wrong, and
What this poll tells us is that both parties are extremely cognizant of what we think in general, but not in specifics. But real change is not in the offing I fear. I fear no one has the stones to make those changes. Anyone who does is "unelectable".

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2008, 11:13:36 AM »
Secondly, I agree with whoever said who ever wins the election will probably go down as a bad president because this country is in such a mess.

In my opinion Dallas, this is exactly what's been happening with Britain and Gordon Brown. In fact a lot of people in Britain will agree. And also the matter is made even worse by the fact that Brown is Scottish. He tries his best but is pounced on at every opportunity.

And now that I have mentioned the word "Scottish", there can only be a matter of time before kickserve leaps on me and starts an argument...

The media have nothing against him for being Scottish, they dislike him because he's rubbish, his economic miracle was a myth, he doesn't have a mandate to govern. His being the least popular Prime Minister since the war has nothing to do with his Nationality.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2008, 11:34:28 AM »
First off, I find the title of this thread offensive, but it's a free country and you are entitled to start a thread.

Secondly, I agree with whoever said who ever wins the election will probably go down as a bad president because this country is in such a mess.  In my opinion, we're in a mess because of 8 years of Bush and the republican party. (just my view). 

Now people can talk all they want about Clinton's personal life and his "no sex" comment, but when he was in office, not only was the budget balanced, but we had a SURPLUS!  The economy was going good, the unemployment rate was low....then came 8 years of BUSH and look where we are now.  We definitely can't continue going in the same direction we're going, and since McClain voted 95% WITH BUSH, I don't see anything different with what he will bring to the white house.   Heck, with McClain in office heck, talk about being in 1 war, we may be in 5 or 6!

That's all I'm going to say.  Again, everyone can do their part by voting, but if your mind is already made up on who you're going to vote for - then it's a waste of time 'arguing'.  And as a Obama supporter, the title offends me because "politically correct' it should have both names in that title.
There is a confilict of reasoning between your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs! :;:-|

Either the next president will be recognized for his achievements (as you've pointed out with both Clinton and Bush) or neither of them is responsible for the state of the union during their service.  You can't have it both ways. ;-()

Oh, and by-the-by, I find people who are "politically correct"  'offensive'! :rofl_2: ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2008, 11:45:11 AM »
Like I said... I'm through.  Vote for whoever you want...just vote.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2008, 11:53:52 AM »
Actually, I choose not to vote.  Since I can't support either candidate in good conscience, I prefer once again to not select the 'lesser of 2 evils' as I've done in the past 4 elections! :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2008, 11:56:40 AM »
Actually, I choose not to vote.  Since I can't support either candidate in good conscience, I prefer once again to not select the 'lesser of 2 evils' as I've done in the past 4 elections! :(

OK cowardly lion! :rofl_2:  Did you even get out in the primaries and vote?  Maybe you could have had a voice for another candidate?  Personally, you can do what you want - but I think that's just a cop-out by not voting.  But I guess maybe it's different for  you because when I was younger, we (African-Americans) could not vote.  I remember my mother and grandmother not having the right to vote and so now that we can, I make sure I vote in every election.  But it's a personal thing.  So go ahead and do what you have to do by not voting... I will always vote.  But I guess that's what is good for this country - freedom of choice. ;-()