Author Topic: Obama Offers a Beautifully Packaged Lie  (Read 36037 times)

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
Re: Obama Offers a Beautifully Packaged Lie
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2008, 12:14:25 PM »
For this presidential election, I wish it had a 3rd option for none of the above.

That's the "don't go to the polling station" one  :whistle:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2008, 12:31:52 PM »
For this presidential election, I wish it had a 3rd option for none of the above.

WRONG, again, kickserve.

Don't go to the polling station and others put the those in Congress, the governor's house and judicial system we have there today. It's not just a presidential election. Maybe you should just shut your yap.

Ironically, with respect to the presidential election, swish's and my vote ain't worth diddley-doo. The Jamesds, Buckeyes, Scooters and FreeBirds, on the otherhand, have the fate of our country in their hands...again. In 2000 and 2004, OH voted with the wrong side. They look like they are satisfied with the status quo, and will go the wrong way...again.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 01:44:44 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #122 on: September 19, 2008, 12:38:07 PM »
Exactly. What exactly is McCain's agenda? Does he even have a plan to actually balance the federal budget or lower debt? He can't do it by lowering taxes and refusing to withdraw from Iraq. I doubt Obama or McCain will get you out of debt, but you're better off taxing Americans and spending it on America, than fighting and rebuilding Iraq.

John "Keating five" McPain's plan is what else but deregulation, I mean he is a Republican. Yep uh huh, that's it. He even admitted to not knowing much about the economy in the first place and says our economic fundamentals are strong. Now this week he's talking about regulation after spending his entire political career fighting for deregulation, it's so funny to see a repug turn Dem overnight :rofl_2:

He and sister Sarah mooseburger Palin do all they can to avoid having to talk about the issues, all they've done so far is spread blatant lies about Obama's platform in an effort to distract the electorate, yet so many are considering voting for the loons. They want someone they can relate to, in our country being educated is a bad thing, it makes you "elitist" and not fun to have a beer with.

If you can't bring yourself to vote for either of the major party candidates. Bob Barr and Cynthia McKinney are two options. ..-)
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2008, 02:36:59 PM »

WRONG, again, kickserve.

Don't go to the polling station and others put the those in Congress, the governor's house and judicial system we have there today. It's not just a presidential election. Maybe you should just shut your yap.

Ironically, with respect to the presidential election, swish's and my vote ain't worth diddley-doo. The Jamesds, Buckeyes, Scooters and FreeBirds, on the otherhand, have the fate of our country in their hands...again. In 2000 and 2004, OH voted with the wrong side. They look like they are satisfied with the status quo, and will go the wrong way...again.

Don't you dare!   :nono:      I never voted for Bush and I am pretty sure that I have never voted like the majority of Ohio....................I can't help it there are a bunch of old farmers and conservative folks round here! 

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #124 on: September 19, 2008, 03:10:27 PM »
Ohio must be chalk-full of lemmings I guess :Confused:. But as long as Obama holds Michigan, Pennsylvania he'll be fine, if he picks up Colorado, Virginia and New Mexico(which seems plausible) we don't have to worry about Ohio. If he takes Florida it's all over. Obama has several pathways to the White House while McCain only has one, if he looses Florida he's done.

President Bush on Sen. John McCain

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utJYGVGU0pc&eurl=http://perspectives.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=186123&forum_id=6[/youtube]
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 03:12:12 PM by Pacer »
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2008, 05:05:45 PM »

WRONG, again, kickserve.

Don't you dare!   :nono:      I never voted for Bush and I am pretty sure that I have never voted like the majority of Ohio....................I can't help it there are a bunch of old farmers and conservative folks round here! 

Buckeye, I wasn't trying to call you out or out you. I was only making the point that, unlike IL, OH is a swing and your votes count...a lot.  :)

Michigan seems a reluctant participant...
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2008, 09:29:00 PM »
Well I'm from Texas and I NEVER voted for any BUSH!  Never have, never will... even for a 'Bush in wolf's clothing - McClain)...

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2008, 12:32:37 AM »
Well, by the looks of this board, and the number of bumper stickers I see, it looks like the Obama supporters will be happy come November.
But there is one thing you have to keep into account.
There are sharks in the water. Hillary Clinton is still out there, and she just may torpedo Obama's campaign just like she torpedoed John Kerry.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2008, 08:41:41 AM »
Well, by the looks of this board, and the number of bumper stickers I see, it looks like the Obama supporters will be happy come November.
There are sharks in the water. Hillary Clinton is still out there, and she just may torpedo Obama's campaign just like she torpedoed John Kerry.

We are far from out of the woods. This has been a horrendous week for the world, but an even worse week for McCain. Prior to this week, I would of told you McCain would win.

Obama has a much higher hurdle to clear than the/a Clinton.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 12:31:48 PM by Babblelot »

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2008, 12:28:59 PM »

But you live in a blue state. I was in Texas and Arizona recently and I've never seen so many Nobama/pro-McCain bumper stickers in my life. I went to this little pro shop while I was in Texas to pick up some strings and stuff, I had on an Obama t-shirt and the stringer says "He's a Muslim, why would you vote for a Muslim for president in our country?" Some people are hopeless. ..-)

Anyhow the democrats have out registered republicans the past few years and Obama's ground game is pretty massive, but given this country's recent voting record, it would not surprise me if he doesn't win. A lot of people just aren't "comfortable" with Obama.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 12:30:27 PM by Pacer »

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2008, 12:36:08 PM »

But you live in a blue state. I was in Texas and Arizona recently and I've never seen so many Nobama/pro-McCain bumper stickers in my life. I went to this little pro shop while I was in Texas to pick up some strings and stuff, I had on an Obama t-shirt and the stringer says "He's a Muslim, why would you vote for a Muslim for president in our country?" Some people are hopeless. ..-)

Anyhow the democrats have out registered republicans the past few years and Obama's ground game is pretty massive, but given this country's recent voting record, it would not surprise me if he doesn't win. A lot of people just aren't "comfortable" with Obama.

:rofl_2:  @ the "Muslim"

Yep, couldn't agree more...  :(
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 12:36:48 PM by Babblelot »

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2008, 01:12:22 PM »

I'm not really comfortable with Obama either, but it has nothing to do with the Muslim rumors.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2008, 02:45:29 PM »

I'm not really comfortable with Obama either, but it has nothing to do with the Muslim rumors.

I can understand the Muslim statement, a lot of people vote because of race, religion or some other factor they think is important. I think many blacks will vote for Obama because of race, not a good reason in itself but will make up reasons to justify the decision.
Normal behavior for humans is to gravitate toward what is familiar.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2008, 03:37:08 PM »

WRONG, again, kickserve.

Is there really a wrong answer in politics? :head-smack:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2008, 04:33:39 PM »

WRONG, again, kickserve.

Is there really a right answer in politics?  ..-)
The reality is, politics is what we have been playing here in the Nadal vs Federer debates. It is revealling that anything a Federer fan says that isn't suggesting that Nadal is the greatest ever is considered a slight on Nadal, and vice versa in the other direction (though it seems one sided here).
The same can be said between Republicans and Democrats in the US. Though both parties are very close in the way they go about their business. They are slightly different philisophically, but in the end they are the same. Yet they fight and claw and insult each other as if they were at total odds with each other.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2008, 09:32:08 PM »

I can understand the Muslim statement, a lot of people vote because of race, religion or some other factor they think is important. I think many blacks will vote for Obama because of race, not a good reason in itself but will make up reasons to justify the decision.
Normal behavior for humans is to gravitate toward what is familiar.

So that's it? Just give in to your urges and go with what is familiar? What makes us any different than dogs? Human beings have the unique ability to reason, to rationalize to seek answers,to reflect. We have a level of self-awareness unlike any other species. That self-awareness allows us to question our motives, our intentions, our beliefs, our surroundings. We have the ability to enlighten ourselves, to look deeper into ourselves and others. To prejudge is a natural human condition, yes, it's our survival instinct. We tend to group things(and of course people) together and assign either positive or negative qualities to them. But again we have the ability to look deeper if we choose to do so.

Place an apple on the table and we can choose to see it as just another apple or we can attempt to discern what kind of apple it is. A red delicious, granny smith, big, small, sweet, tart, bland. We can reflect on what makes that particular apple different from other apples simply by choosing to look deeper. It's all about choices. So I'm not going to buy the "it's natural to be a bigot" argument for not voting for a particular candidate. That's a choice, you choose to be a bigot. You choose not to enlighten yourself, you choose to give into your  baser impulses. Don't blame it on your species.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 09:33:51 PM by Pacer »

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2008, 09:58:45 PM »
^^^ Oh and I'm not targetting you Swish, I was just making a point. ;-()

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2008, 11:00:44 PM »

Don't worry, swish isn't targetting you, either...

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2008, 11:32:04 PM »

WRONG, again, kickserve.

Sooooo... you don't believe history is shaped by politics? Frankly, I have no idea if you are trying to make a point or just reading from a stack of bumper stickers. At least when you read us the "Abortion is Murder" bumper sticker, you were willing to convey your misguided belief system to the rest of us.

So, what gives?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 11:42:47 PM by Babblelot »

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2008, 11:57:28 PM »

Don't worry, swish isn't targetting you, either...

Sadly, I figured as much. I caught the underline message there, disappointing but not surprising.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 01:59:05 AM by Pacer »