Poll

Should the rules be changed so that players are only allowed one serve?

No.  The rule is fine the way it is.
24 (85.7%)
Yes.  But only for the ATP.
2 (7.1%)
Yes.  For both WTA and ATP
2 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: September 15, 2008, 09:31:17 AM

Author Topic: The Serve  (Read 7606 times)

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
Re: The Serve
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 10:54:16 AM »
Just for the record, I don't buy my coaches argument. I don't believe that tennis is becoming a big man's game. I've seen no evidence of that. I still hold that the ideal height for a tennis player is between 6 '1-6'3.

Believe it or not, 6' 1"-6' 3" a BIG MAN.  The average man in USA 5' 9". 

Is that not the waistline? :)~

lol  Brits are some of the fattest creatures that have ever walked this planet.

McDonalds. KFC. Burger King. TGI Fridays. What do they all have in common?

You find them on every corner in London.

Whereas in USA, you find them in every other building  :whistle:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 11:00:23 AM »
Just for the record, I don't buy my coaches argument. I don't believe that tennis is becoming a big man's game. I've seen no evidence of that. I still hold that the ideal height for a tennis player is between 6 '1-6'3.

No, we have fish and chips pubs in every other building  :rofl_2:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 11:36:38 AM »

kicker!, according to this report, my initial claim is correct   :)~

According to a report from international on-line, a new survey on the ratio of the fat in the world population shows that America has the largest number of fat people. Scotland ranked the second on the "Fattest country List". Mexico is in the third place. Englanders are the fourth largest group of fat people.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 01:17:14 PM »

All great food!   :\ :whistle:

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 01:33:26 PM »

kicker!, according to this report, my initial claim is correct   :)~

According to a report from international on-line, a new survey on the ratio of the fat in the world population shows that America has the largest number of fat people. Scotland ranked the second on the "Fattest country List". Mexico is in the third place. Englanders are the fourth largest group of fat people.

Right, so Americans are the fattest people in the world, which shows I'm right, you're wrong and that's all their is too it  :gleam: Also proves how rubbish Scotland is  :gleam:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 03:23:13 PM »
Nice KS!   Ripping many at one time!   :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 03:39:33 PM »
I see more McDonalds per square mile in Southeast Asia than I ever do in the US. They've got the US blanketed, but rarely is there a McDs closer than inside of 10 miles, depending on population density.
Plus in SE Asia, McDonlds is upscale dining. TGI Fridays is Haute cuisine.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 03:45:26 PM »
I see more McDonalds per square mile in Southeast Asia than I ever do in the US. They've got the US blanketed, but rarely is there a McDs closer than inside of 10 miles, depending on population density.

So is Pizza Hut in England! It's a real, full scale restaurant. Funniest thing I ever saw. I know tipping isn't the thing to do in England, but I left my waitress a tip anyway. Pizza Hut of all things!!!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 03:55:40 PM »

So is Pizza Hut in England! It's a real, full scale restaurant. Funniest thing I ever saw. I know tipping isn't the thing to do in England, but I left my waitress a tip anyway. Pizza Hut of all things!!!

Same thing in the Philippines. They still have Shakeys Pizza there too. Sit down restaraunts with full menus.

An ambition fulfilled

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 04:01:10 PM »

Same thing in the Philippines. They still have Shakeys Pizza there too. Sit down restaraunts with full menus.

Shakey's! I've never seen that in the Midwest. Shakey's and Roundtable, have never seen either here. I think I liked Roundtable more, but it's been soooo long since I've had Shakey's I can't even recall :dunno:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2008, 04:02:37 PM »

Shakey's! I've never seen that in the Midwest. Shakey's and Roundtable, have never seen either here. I think I liked Roundtable more, but it's been soooo long since I've had Shakey's I can't even recall :dunno:

I haven't seen Shakey either on the east or west coast. But they are still alive in Manila and Cebu.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2008, 06:01:07 PM »

I thought it was 5'-4".  You mean I am short!!!???!!!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2008, 06:07:13 PM »

I thought it was 5'-4".  You mean I am short!!!???!!!

Vertically challenged is the way we put it these days.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 06:09:07 PM by dmastous »

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2008, 04:16:10 AM »
Quote from: kickserve
Right, so Americans are the fattest people in the world, which shows I'm right, you're wrong and that's all their is too it  :gleam: Also proves how rubbish Scotland is  :gleam:

Ok, so how does having fat people make a country rubbish? Sure obesity kills, but I hate to break it to you, being 2nd on that list doesn't mean that all Scots except the Murray family are obese.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2008, 05:12:49 AM »

Ok, so how does having fat people make a country rubbish? Sure obesity kills, but I hate to break it to you, being 2nd on that list doesn't mean that all Scots except the Murray family are obese.

Though obviously, Lewis hamilton and 'God save the Queen' are proof that all English people are really arrogant..... :whistle: It just shows the Scots are quite a fat nation in comparism to others, so obviously, by your logic, the Scottish as a nation are greedy, lacking in self-control  and really really fat  :)~

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2008, 06:55:46 AM »

Though obviously, Lewis hamilton and 'God save the Queen' are proof that all English people are really arrogant..... :whistle: It just shows the Scots are quite a fat nation in comparism to others, so obviously, by your logic, the Scottish as a nation are greedy, lacking in self-control  and really really fat  :)~

Or perhaps they just like the good things in life... And I'm still setting you the challenge to find the exact post where I said "all English people are arrogant". I think you'll find I said Lewis Hamilton was arrogant, and some others, but I have some good friends that are English and I don't mind English as a nation. And yes, I do find it slightly annoying that the English use the Great British national anthem for England matches.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2008, 05:27:53 PM »

Or perhaps they just like the good things in life... And I'm still setting you the challenge to find the exact post where I said "all English people are arrogant". I think you'll find I said Lewis Hamilton was arrogant, and some others, but I have some good friends that are English and I don't mind English as a nation. And yes, I do find it slightly annoying that the English use the Great British national anthem for England matches.

You didn't say all, you said 'most British people are arrogant' and claimed it as a fact  :whistle:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2008, 06:16:15 PM »
OK, I'll ask the question... what does all this have to do with whether there should be 1 or 2 serves in tennis?  :confused1:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Pamqnx

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2008, 06:27:02 PM »
OK, I'll ask the question... what does all this have to do with whether there should be 1 or 2 serves in tennis?  :confused1:

Having to hit 2 serves is too exhausting for obeses. :king:

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2008, 09:04:42 PM »
2 serves for me,i would not change it.That was my vote.