Poll

Who will win a major first: Murray or Jankovic?

Andy Murray
Jelena Jankovic

Author Topic: Murray vs Jankovic: Who will win a major first?  (Read 14601 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: Murray vs Jankovic: Who will win a major first?
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2011, 10:19:06 AM »
kittens? i see.......nadalgrafboy is a much better username.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2011, 11:37:44 PM »
ehhh I liked kittens.... I think everyone should keep their original names to establish their seniority. None of this "new & hip" nonsense. I'm wilsonboy... everyone knows I got old money here....
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2011, 11:40:11 AM »
ehhh I liked kittens.... I think everyone should keep their original names to establish their seniority. None of this "new & hip" nonsense. I'm wilsonboy... everyone knows I got old money here....

nadalgrafboy is your ultimate fan boy name.

To be fair, I think the name change happened because apparently there's another poster called Kittens223 and Kitty probably didn't feel too original with his previous name; hence the drastic name change.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2011, 11:47:26 AM »
What I find interesting and predictable even is that, Nadal fans love Nole and Federer fans love Del Potro. Coincidence? I don't think so.

It's never really about what they like or dislike but the agenda they carry.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2011, 12:06:02 PM »
why? i like del potro as much as djokovic.........both have proved to be amazing big match players and excellent power hitters........i would love to see one of them taking nadal to 5 sets at the french open........
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 12:06:36 PM by Start da Game »
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2011, 01:05:18 PM »
What I find interesting and predictable even is that, Nadal fans love Nole and Federer fans love Del Potro. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Liking DelPo has nothing to do with any aganda.
He respects both Nadal and Fed as well as the past greats. He loves the game before the ranking.
He doesn't try to do what he can't, that's the reason he played a 250 tournament instead of a 500 earlier this year.
What's appealing is that he has the mental game that other pros never achieve their whole career, doesn't fear anyone on any stage and plays to the end, it's all left on the court when all is said and done.

No agenda here.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2011, 01:24:07 PM »
Hey, in a perfect world, we should all be liking everyone but we don't because you know, we have our "reasons". Clearly and surely any of the top ten players are far better than rest of us. With that knowledge, I dismiss any other opinion no matter who it comes from.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2011, 01:35:44 PM »

Liking DelPo has nothing to do with any aganda.
He respects both Nadal and Fed as well as the past greats. He loves the game before the ranking.
He doesn't try to do what he can't, that's the reason he played a 250 tournament instead of a 500 earlier this year.
What's appealing is that he has the mental game that other pros never achieve their whole career, doesn't fear anyone on any stage and plays to the end, it's all left on the court when all is said and done.

No agenda here.

agreed, swish........he has fighting qualities and does not really fear anyone........he will have a better clay season that what many are thinking........

i am just waiting for him to get back his highest playing level as soon as possible........clay will do a lot good to his game........

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
  • Child labor laws are ruining this country.
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2011, 12:35:44 PM »
Jankovic eliminated. The streak continues.

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2011, 02:16:34 PM »
The streak continues. So long, Murray. Looking forward to the end of June, when you won't be winning Wimbledon again. Fail.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2011, 11:12:24 PM »
oh Dirty, why must u judge them in this way? let them end their career first. the judgement for later but more importantly, ask youself, if you are really the person to call on it. i mean how successful are u anyway. lol.

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2011, 05:27:38 AM »
Don't worry, he can handle criticism. He's a professional. He gets paid to play tennis. It's all part of the gig. Besides, he's Scottish.

P.S. I have the same number of Grand Slam victories as he does.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2011, 07:42:12 AM »
Actually his brother has more slam titles than the 3 of you combined.... :\
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2011, 07:36:47 PM »
Don't worry, he can handle criticism. He's a professional. He gets paid to play tennis. It's all part of the gig. Besides, he's Scottish.

P.S. I have the same number of Grand Slam victories as he does.

If he's Scottish then you are a doofus. And doofuses can't be reasoned with.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
jankovic will win one, murray will never win one with that lame forehand and even more lamer big match attitude........

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2011, 06:39:07 PM »
Thank you very much. That means a lot to me, really.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2011, 06:52:23 PM »
Murray will win a grandslam. I am sure about that. He is far too talented not to. jankovic may not, considering the very weak field in the WTA and the numerous opportunities she has been gifted with, she has just wasted her chances. Such is not the case with Murray. He has to battle a tough field, expectations (wimbledon especially) and has to beat two of the greatest players of all time to win even a masters tournament leave alone a slam, but his time will come. He will win one. Sure his forehand is not up there, but nothing he cannot develop. I just don't like the way he sulks though. It gives more confidence to the opponent.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2011, 07:39:01 PM »
Murray will win a grandslam. I am sure about that. He is far too talented not to. jankovic may not, considering the very weak field in the WTA and the numerous opportunities she has been gifted with, she has just wasted her chances. Such is not the case with Murray. He has to battle a tough field, expectations (wimbledon especially) and has to beat two of the greatest players of all time to win even a masters tournament leave alone a slam, but his time will come. He will win one. Sure his forehand is not up there, but nothing he cannot develop. I just don't like the way he sulks though. It gives more confidence to the opponent.

He's already beaten them in Toronto Masters just last year. Nadal in the semi and then Federer in the final. All in straight sets.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2011, 08:10:33 PM »

He's already beaten them in Toronto Masters just last year. Nadal in the semi and then Federer in the final. All in straight sets.

Yes, that's why I say that a slam is also around the corner

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2011, 08:40:01 PM »
It was very sweet of you though but I got used hearing the negative all the time.