Author Topic: Ping-pong  (Read 11737 times)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Re: Ping-pong
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 09:56:47 AM »
I had a table when I was a kid.  I was a player for sure!  I would love to get one now, but i don't know where I would put it....

I have room now.  I need for someone to want to get rid of a table.   ;-()

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 10:44:28 AM »
Got in some serious TT this weekend!!! :))

4.5 hours on Friday and 3.5 on Saturday.  Lots of fun!!!
Time to start working on my serve again. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2008, 06:47:27 AM »
Got some good hitting in last week.
Am trying to help my buddy improve his game a bit.  In doing so, I find I know very little about table tennis!
Should be fun learning more about the game over the coming months. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2008, 02:02:02 PM »
Do you have this?

[youtube]
[/youtube]

CONK da ball!!!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 02:40:57 PM »
I use 2 play table tennis,i was a school boy champion @ this.Played chester barns once & took one game off him in the best of 3 games.How i got to play him was i won a comp on holidays.God this takes me back.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 02:42:01 PM by sid »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008, 03:10:06 PM »
I use 2 play table tennis,i was a school boy champion @ this.Played chester barns once & took one game off him in the best of 3 games.How i got to play him was i won a comp on holidays.God this takes me back.
Who the hay is Chesty Barn?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 03:12:38 PM »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2008, 09:17:41 PM »
http://www.davidpipe.com/chester_barnes.htm

Got it!

Good on ya Sid! :)

Hi m8 glad you found some info,it was Pontins where i played him.
I was good @ this when young,middlesex school boys champion.It must be over 20 years since i last played table tennis.Here away to help your game,when playing get someone to add a match box on the table while your hitting.See if you can knock it over,its not so easy.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 09:18:22 PM by sid »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 05:23:05 AM »

Got it!

I was good @ this when young,middlesex school boys champion.It must be over 20 years since i last played table tennis.Here away to help your game,when playing get someone to add a match box on the table while your hitting.See if you can knock it over,its not so easy.
While practicising, we use targets the size of tennis balls.  As in tennis, having a defined target is essential for success.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2008, 08:23:26 AM »

Got it!

While practicising, we use targets the size of tennis balls.  As in tennis, having a defined target is essential for success.

Monster we seem to like the same games :rofl_2: just thought i say this 2 you :))

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 11:22:39 AM »

Got it!

Monster we seem to like the same games :rofl_2: just thought i say this 2 you :))
Do you like foosball as well? :) 
CONK da ball!!!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2008, 12:09:19 PM »

Got it!

Do you like foosball as well? :) 

Football i love im a massive chelsea fan

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2008, 09:29:44 PM »
Hey MT, I played a bit of ping-pong over Thanksgiving with the nephews.  They were pretty decent, one even got a game off of me.  I paid him back properly though.  I love me some pongage!  I need to get a table from someone since I have plenty of space now.  I also need to fire up the old rivalry with my buddy Joe who plays tennis with us some Wednesdays.  He was the most skilled ping-pong player I have played against............he beat me more than I beat him..........it was fun to try to beat him. 

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2008, 09:58:43 PM »
Hey MT, I played a bit of ping-pong over Thanksgiving with the nephews.  They were pretty decent, one even got a game off of me.  I paid him back properly though.  I love me some pongage!  I need to get a table from someone since I have plenty of space now.  I also need to fire up the old rivalry with my buddy Joe who plays tennis with us some Wednesdays.  He was the most skilled ping-pong player I have played against............he beat me more than I beat him..........it was fun to try to beat him. 
'Tis great fun indeed!!!  We can't seem to stop playing once we start, often going for 4-5 hours straight!!!
My buddy picked up a quality table last year and has tons of room (except up!) in his basement.  We have a small group of players (5) that we're trying to add to.  At the moment I am king of the hill and am 'coaching' my buddy Bob.  We actually practice once or twice a week!!!  By helping him, I've actually learned more about the game and have improved myself.  We may travel to an actual club this winter where I'm sure I'll find out that my skill level is really more like a 3.0-3.5 in tennis! ;-() 

Nice job schoolin' the nephews!!! :)>>>>
Save your pennies and get a decent table.  It is well worth the extra kwan and will provide years of enjoyment for friends and family. :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2008, 10:13:33 PM »
We got a pingpong table in our house a two three weeks ago, its really good. I'm pretty decent, I used to be much better back when I used to play at the Y and against my cousin (who I believe is taking somewhat of a professional coaching right now for pingpong, he must be crazy now).

Both my parents are really good.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 10:20:25 PM »
We got a pingpong table in our house a two three weeks ago, its really good. I'm pretty decent, I used to be much better back when I used to play at the Y and against my cousin (who I believe is taking somewhat of a professional coaching right now for pingpong, he must be crazy now).

If you're going to be up for awhile, OSU and I will be right over!!! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2008, 10:57:03 AM »

I was thinking.............this is just another reason for you to get down here for the Cincy tourney Annual Gathering...........we clearly need to throw down some pongage as well.....................you know it would be more than sweetness.    Or, maybe someday I could make it to the sticks??????????????

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2008, 11:04:32 AM »

I was thinking.............this is just another reason for you to get down here for the Cincy tourney Annual Gathering...........we clearly need to throw down some pongage as well.....................you know it would be more than sweetness.    Or, maybe someday I could make it to the sticks??????????????
Certainly more free court time indoor here and the pong is 5 min. up the street!
How funny you posted here as I was just viewing and sending TT instructional vids to my buddy!!! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2008, 10:31:31 AM »
Come to find out JM, the D1 tennis player, is also a Ponggg-A-holic!!!
We're playing later this afternoon!

Am in the process now of loading several 55 gal. drums of WHOOPASS into the MonsterTruck to unload on him later.
This is my big chance to exact some revenge for losing to him in dubs the past few times!
 :grind dance: :head-bash: :hammer: :big boss:

Memo to JM-

Pray for  :death: on the pong table!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2008, 04:25:38 PM »
Thanks for the PM on the ping-pong table MT but the only way a table is landing round here is if someone is trying to get rid of one.............as in for free.  It would just not get used enough I know because I don't have any friends right near that can pop over and play some games.  Besides, the joke around here is that we are hemmoraghing money with all of our large expenditures lately.  We gotta get back in the way of saving some money instead of constantly throwing it at others.  Lets put it this way, the wifey and I are doing more than our part in helping our ailing economy!   :rofl_2: