Poll

Who is the best hardcourt player in the world right now?

Federer
Djokovic
Murray
Nadal
Other

Author Topic: Best hardcourt player so far this year (Sept 2008)  (Read 9952 times)

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
Re: Best hardcourt player so far this year (Sept 2008)
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 08:00:29 AM »
Very funny guys.... :)>>>> :rofl_2:

Well those players would have gotten a vote from me IF Roger wasn't around.

I actually think Stan has taken over as my #2 man from James.  James has been dropped to #3.

If Stan is really your #2 man you must have been especialy happy with the doubles at the Olympics.

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 01:10:28 PM »
Head-to-head:
Djokovic beat Federer at the Australian Open and Federer beat Djokovic at the US Open.
Edge: Equal

Season record:
Djokovic is 27-6 on hardcourt this year while Federer is 18-6.
Edge: Djokovic

Titles:
Djokovic has 2 titles on hard (Australian + Indian Wells) versus 1 for Federer (US Open).
Edge: Djokovic

Seeded opponents defeated on hard courts:
Djokovic has beaten Hewitt, Ferrer, Federer, Nadal twice, Cilic, Robredo, Roddick
Federer has beaten Berdych, Blake, Ljubicic, Stepanek, Djokovic, Murray
Edge: Slightly Djokovic

Hard court losses:
Djokovic has lost to Simon, Roddick, Federer, Murray twice, Kevin Anderson
Federer has lost to Simon, Roddick, Djokovic, Murray, Fish, Karlovic
Edge: Equal

Final ruling:
Djokovic slightly over Federer. But it's close.

Thanks. That was a nice break down. I have voted for Djokovic.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 02:35:40 PM »
If Stan is really your #2 man you must have been especialy happy with the doubles at the Olympics.

Yes... I am extremely happy with that Olympic double's match.  I've watched it about 3 times already! :))

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 06:09:05 PM »
Yes... I am extremely happy with that Olympic double's match.  I've watched it about 3 times already! :))

I am not sure if I have it on DVD.  The 2 weeks of the Olympics were hell for me as I was trying to tape everything on multiple sets, while keeping up with my normal activities at the same time, trying to coordinate sleeping hours around all that.   I still havent gotten through sorting out what is on each DVD and I am dreading doing so.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 06:23:06 PM »
I am not sure if I have it on DVD.  The 2 weeks of the Olympics were hell for me as I was trying to tape everything on multiple sets, while keeping up with my normal activities at the same time, trying to coordinate sleeping hours around all that.   I still havent gotten through sorting out what is on each DVD and I am dreading doing so.

Well I made sure I taped that final.  I got up early to see it live, and had my DVD going at the same time!  I hope you have it.  The team made great shots and actually made a pretty good double's team!

Offline alchemist

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 07:51:38 PM »
I went with Djokovic.  He didn't finish the hard court season as well as I expected from him but I think overall he's had the best hardcourt season. 
"We've been stuck in a locker room for nine hours a day and he's been chilling out, maybe taking the double decker bus tour of London."

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 08:15:53 PM »
this was a tough one but I picked Fed. I didn't base it on titles, if I did I would take Djokovic then Nadal.

I was blown away at the level Fed reached at the USO, especially the finals. Just absolutely awesome, most of the match was a highlight. Not only that, the way Fed carried himself, he hasn't looked that confident in a long long time.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2008, 02:34:37 PM »
Novak
Nadal
Federer
Murray

too easy!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008, 12:13:47 AM »

I'm sure you watched Alex win his 2nd silver medal. :))

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2008, 11:08:22 AM »
If I had to put these in order, I would say:

1.) Federer
2.) Djokovic
3.) Nadal
4.) Murray

I think I give Federer some points for intangibles and that's why I rank him above Djokovic at this point, but it's close.
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2008, 11:35:01 AM »
Before the US Open, I'd have said Nole - Rafa - Federer - Murray without a doubt. Now, I think Federer sneaks above Nadal for me: Rafa's been more consistent in the non-slam tournaments, but in the slams, Federer's got a win and a semi against 2 semis. Djoko has the same slam record, 1-1 h2h with Federer, but more wins in Masters as a tiebreaker puts him above Federer.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2008, 11:52:01 AM »
Nadal is not getting enough credit for his Gold medal which it was huge. Roger wanted it, Novak cried for it...........so After both GSs, the Olympic Gold has to rate higher than MS events!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2008, 11:58:06 AM »
Nadal is not getting enough credit for his Gold medal which it was huge. Roger wanted it, Novak cried for it...........so After both GSs, the Olympic Gold has to rate higher than MS events!
I agree with you here. Novak wanted it so badly that he ended up crying after he lost. He is usually very cool after his losses but this was so important to him.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2008, 12:03:01 PM »

Not as big as a US Open though. To me, the top-3 are very close, but Nadal's lack of a GS final puts him 3rd for me.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »

I'm sure you watched Alex win his 2nd silver medal. :))

Yes I did.  I was very happy.  He dove incredibly well, especialy for a guy who had been injured most of the year and had to play catchup.

Offline Pamqnx

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2008, 03:34:13 AM »
Oh come on, how can you give only 2 votes for Nadal and yet 3 for Murray ? ;-()

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2008, 08:59:23 AM »

That's a fair point.  Nadal should definitely be over Murray, but I guess Murray has a few believers out there... :)
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2008, 12:31:37 PM »

Well my original vote was Murray when I misunderstood the context of the poll, then I changed it to Djokovic once I realized.   Could a mod please take a vote away from Murray and add it to Djokovic, as I only voted for Murray misinterpreting the original context, thanks.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2008, 02:17:55 PM »

Well my original vote was Murray when I misunderstood the context of the poll, then I changed it to Djokovic once I realized.   Could a mod please take a vote away from Murray and add it to Djokovic, as I only voted for Murray misinterpreting the original context, thanks.

We don't have control of the amounts, all we can do is change the names, or edit the posts.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2008, 09:13:11 PM »

We don't have control of the amounts, all we can do is change the names, or edit the posts.

Hey!  That's a thought!  Scott...look into this! :rofl_2: