Author Topic: What a sucky sports week. :(  (Read 2935 times)

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
What a sucky sports week. :(
« on: April 10, 2005, 05:55:10 PM »
Randy Ferby/David Nedohin, my least favorite curling tandem, having three opponents who had them beat and out of the event into the embarassment 3rd, 4th, or 6th place finishes; instead gift wrapping them the wins to continue with blatant missed shots at the end.    Tiger Woods winning the Masters, more of the boring Tiger-Mania that makes golf nauseating to watch.    Canada losing the womens hockey gold, to their most serious, but most hated rivals, the U.S, and the Europeans not showing themselves being any more competitive as compensation.   Omigod this week of sport sucks big time for me, I think I need a two-month hibernation to recuperate, just awful!

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 06:46:09 PM »
I would like to add that Roger Federer is a WAY WAY WAY better athlete than either Randy Ferby or Tiger Woods.   If the three of them competed in a triathalon or any random sport he would smoke them both.   They are both way overrated, overhyped, and overgushed.

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 08:26:49 PM »
Dude, you watch curling?  That's a big problem right there.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 08:52:41 PM »
Yeah I watch curling occasionaly.  :)    I dont watch nearly as much as tennis.   Ever since obese-and-tempermental Ferbey and full-of-myself Nedohin and his team became dominant I stopped watching it as much, I started watching the Worlds more closely when I heard they were losing some games though.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 08:54:26 PM »
I know I should cheer for a Canadian representative, and normally I would, but those two just annoy the hell out me with their attitudes and demeanor.   Also I hate to see a sport that you can be that out of shape and succeed.  I am a bit pudgy myself but I am not an elite athlete, Ferbey is definitely larger than I am, somebody much larger than me should not be able to be a champion in "elite sport".

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 08:58:23 PM »
Any sport is 90% mental, nuff said.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 11:05:25 AM »
Really so if a 300 pound man tried top play tennis, but he was the most mentally tough player ever he should have a reasonable chance of being in the top 5 right(let alone dominating as Ferbey does in curling)?    I would hope not, and I think not.    Curling is just such an unathletic sport which such weak competition from the Europeans for Canada I find.

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 08:21:26 PM »
Yes, but if said man had the mental toughness and perseverence of a champ, he'd get himself in shape and into contention.  I believe one member on this board has succeded in doing so and is trying out for college tennis, congratulations and best of luck to him.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 08:46:27 PM »
I don't even know what curling is. ||-|
Be the change that you seek.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 01:28:41 PM »
Quote from: "thejackal"
Yes, but if said man had the mental toughness and perseverence of a champ, he'd get himself in shape and into contention.  I believe one member on this board has succeded in doing so and is trying out for college tennis, congratulations and best of luck to him.

Awww so he is out of shape because curlers dont have to be, to be champs then right.  :)