Author Topic: Federer swiches to new racquet  (Read 4697 times)

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
Federer swiches to new racquet
« on: October 05, 2008, 07:43:46 PM »

Federer switches to a larger frame :H    I personally believe that it is a smart choice. With a larger frame, he will have a larger sweet spot to work with and hence less unforced errors. what do you guys/girls think? :dunno:

Here are couple of videos.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxjoiNn5i8s[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNDTCnE7wCI[/youtube]

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
Re: Federer swiches to new racquet
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 08:39:59 PM »

Federer switches to a larger frame :H    I personally believe that it is a smart choice. With a larger frame, he will have a larger sweet spot to work with and hence less unforced errors. what do you guys/girls think? :dunno:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxjoiNn5i8s[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNDTCnE7wCI[/youtube]

I think we can say goodbye to his one handed backhand.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 09:17:27 PM »
I for one am very happy that he has switched to a  bigger racket...he is a great player...adjusting is not at all going to be a problem...I really can't say anything about the UFE and stuff right now...i first want him to play some serious competition with this racket...but the change of racket is something I've been saying for a very long time...glad that he has changes....of course i don't have any clue why his elegant one handed backhand has to take a back seat  :Confused:

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Online Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 09:23:26 PM »
What's the new size? 95 sq. in. I would guess.

Online Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 09:28:58 PM »
New coach, reduced schedule and now the racquet change. What's next?
Somehow he feels he needs to do something to improve his game or at least try.

I'm glad he's not just sitting on what he already has, the competition isn't either.

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 09:29:51 PM »
I for one am very happy that he has switched to a  bigger racket...he is a great player...adjusting is not at all going to be a problem...I really can't say anything about the UFE and stuff right now...i first want him to play some serious competition with this racket...but the change of racket is something I've been saying for a very long time...glad that he has changes....of course i don't have any clue why his elegant one handed backhand has to take a back seat  :Confused:

I'm going to hazard a guess and say you didn't watch the videos.  Take a look and my comment will make sense.

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 09:33:07 PM »

I'm going to hazard a guess and say you didn't watch the videos.  Take a look and my comment will make sense.

I am thinking the same thing.

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 09:34:04 PM »

Did u watch the videos swish?

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 09:39:04 PM »

Not enough smileys in the original post, I guess.

:) :) :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

There, that should help.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 09:56:36 PM »

Not enough smileys in the original post, I guess.

:) :) :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

There, that should help.

I made the same mistake and posted something serious since I brought up this in a poll topic a few days ago. And then I saw the vid and promptly deleted it!
Nice catch!

Online Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 10:01:17 PM »

Did u watch the videos swish?

Yeah but too late!!!   :rofl_2:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 11:35:17 PM »

I think we can say goodbye to his one handed backhand.

.... and his one handed forehand too.  ..-)

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 12:49:16 AM »

hehe yeah I did not I just didn't have the time.......just thought he had switched to a real 'big' racket...but hopefully he can really do it in the near future... :))

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 09:10:21 AM »
When is he going to switch from shorts to Nadal-style pants????? 
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 10:59:54 AM »

Just as soon as he perfects the other, uh, routines that go along with wearing said pants....

:innocent:
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 11:39:28 AM »

Just as soon as he perfects the other, uh, routines that go along with wearing said pants....

:innocent:
:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!