Author Topic: Need some suggestions on rackets  (Read 1926 times)

phenom

Need some suggestions on rackets
« on: April 10, 2005, 06:15:39 PM »
I am looking for a new racket.  I hit very hard with a lot of topspin so I really do need a weak racket thats stable and in control.  My favorite racket is the Prince more control db but ive broken 3 of those, and they go through strings very quickly.  I've also used the head liquidmetal 8 that i hate and the head radical which is ok but I find it a little too powerful for my tastes.

Can you give me some suggestions on maybe something like the more control?  I dont like the fact that it doesnt have grommets so i was going thjrough strings every few weeks.

Offline aj_m2009

• Tennis Player
    • http://www.ajm2009tennis.com
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 07:00:22 PM »
If I remember correctly, the Yonex RDX 500 MP and More Control MP have similar specs but I am not sure if they play alike or not, you would have to demo them for yourself to find out.

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 08:17:19 PM »
www.racquetfinder.com

I would suggest the Wilson N-code 6-1 95 or the Head Liquimetal prestige midplus.  Both are different but it's saft to assume you'll like at least one of them.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 06:08:14 AM »
I would suggest that if you want control, and you like prince, then you should get one of the new O3 racquets. But if you don't really care what brand it is, then you should get the Wilson Ncode n6 95(It might be a little pricey though).
Prince

Wilson
Be the change that you seek.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 08:40:49 PM »
How durable are those O3 rackets and has anyone played with them?  I hid hard and break rackets easy so i need to keep that in consideration.   I am willing to try wilsom,  they make some great shoes but never had any of their rackets.   I have never seen a yonex racket in my life on any courts so I dont know about those.

I'll try to demo the wilson ones and see how i like them, anything else i should try?  I wanted to try the babolat racket, are they good?

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 08:44:36 PM »
I am not too sure about the O3. But if you need a very durable racquet, I strogly suggest that you get a wilson. If you want to try new brands in the same category, I would also suggest a Head racquet.
Be the change that you seek.

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
Re: Need some suggestions on rackets
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 08:58:14 AM »
Quote from: "phenom"
I am looking for a new racket.  I hit very hard with a lot of topspin so I really do need a weak racket thats stable and in control.  My favorite racket is the Prince more control db but ive broken 3 of those, and they go through strings very quickly.
Based on what you said, you have a lot of choices.  Look for a racket with at least 18 main strings, and a low flex rating, like maybe 68 and under.  Go here, put down what you're looking for, check out the results.

You shouldn't be breaking your racket no matter how hard you hit.

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 04:50:44 PM »
Unless your last name is Safin...
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

phenom

broken rackets
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 08:40:42 PM »
I am very pissed at how many i've broken.  Ive broken 3 prince more controls, and two head liquidmetal 4s in 2 years.  I play a lot but it just seems way too much.  I don't get excessive frame hits either.

Offline POGO

• Tennis Player
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 11:19:52 AM »
I was also looking to replace my worn out Yonex RD-7, and I was over at TW and one of the poster gave high marks on the Prince TT Warrior.  It is Rafter's racquet.  

Look at this link CLICK HERE

I think I'll will get the Warrior.