Tennis Discussions > Pro Player Forum

Margaret Court

(1/7) > >>

Alison2006:
I don't know much about this lady (apart from bits and bobs from a now dead family member)

Anyone got the chance to watch her play??

Its a shame this forum hasn't got a former player/oldies thread, where people can discuss former players/oldies  :) and others can learn more about former players

:)

Alison2006:

--- Quote from: Alison2006 on October 13, 2008, 05:57:14 PM ---I don't know much about this lady (apart from bits and bobs from a now dead family member)

Its a shame this forum hasn't got a former player/oldies thread, where people can discuss former players/oldies  :) and others can learn more about former players :)

--- End quote ---

Any chance of that over here??

I am sure it would invite many posters here, who are quite frankly fed up of the usual Fed and Nadal threads on many Forums??  Just a thought  :whistle:

Its a shame that posters don't post about previous players/former players/golden oldies, I am sure it would create new members and some great debate to the forum

I for one would be very interested in that, I would love a thread of former players, and perhaps learn more about former players

falcon:

--- Quote from: Alison2006 on October 13, 2008, 07:37:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: Alison2006 on October 13, 2008, 05:57:14 PM ---I don't know much about this lady (apart from bits and bobs from a now dead family member)

Its a shame this forum hasn't got a former player/oldies thread, where people can discuss former players/oldies  :) and others can learn more about former players :)

--- End quote ---

Any chance of that over here??

I am sure it would invite many posters here, who are quite frankly fed up of the usual Fed and Nadal threads on many Forums??  Just a thought  :whistle:

Its a shame that posters don't post about previous players/former players/golden oldies, I am sure it would create new members and some great debate to the forum

I for one would be very interested in that, I would love a thread of former players, and perhaps learn more about former players

--- End quote ---

Most of us are youngsters here....we have favs from the 90's and the present era...at the most there would be fans from the 80's who can talk about players like Johnny Mac or borg....we really don't know if people who have watched Court play are around in this forum....why Court I would like to know more about Laver as well...

lizbeth:
I never saw her play, but I know someone who played against her many times on the tour (always in the first round) and to my surprise, she said Margaret Smith (her maiden name) would almost always lose the first three or four games to my friend because of nerves, and then win all the rest of the games once she got herself under control!
I think Margaret Court is a Christian evangelist now.  Interesting........

Babblelot:
Who the hell is EvilGrizz?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version