Author Topic: question on shoe size  (Read 986 times)

Offline djinni9

• Tennis Player
question on shoe size
« on: September 21, 2008, 06:29:19 AM »
i'm thinking of ordering shoes online from the U.S. Can i be confident that it will fit as expected? My feet are pretty normal. In your experience do shoe sizes vary from brand to brand or even model to model? Most of my shoes, regardless of type, are 10 US. Just one or two that are 9.5 or 10.5-11. So 10 is my best bet. I measured my foot and it's exactly 27.2 centimeters, which is just over 10 2/3 inches. If the size is off by 1/2 size, is it better if it's a little tight or a little big? My last pair, a K-Swiss, was size 10 and I think a 9.5 would fit even more snugly, lessening movement within the shoe. Would appreciate help.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: question on shoe size
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 06:37:20 AM »
I think it can slightly vary.  I have been using New Balance for a long time now so it has been a while since I have had to try out a different brand shoe to take my tennis abuse.  Although I am looking at new brands now.  I will say that New Balance has been the only shoe that fit me so well that I did not need to wear 2 pairs of socks at once when I first got the shoes to keep them from hurting my feet.

And of course speaking of 2 pairs of socks, if you think your shoes might be a little on the big side, you can always wear 2 pairs of socks.  I hate doing that, but it is an option.  Luckily my tennis shoes only last about two months so if they do not fit well it won't be long before they are gone.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com