Author Topic: Do more players feel they have a chance against Fed now, after AO '09?  (Read 4163 times)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
Re: Do more players feel they have a chance against Fed now, after AO '09?
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2009, 04:10:25 PM »
This is a weird question, only because, most players I think feel they can beat anyone. You have to believe in yourself and your game. But Fed has been so dominant for so long, that his "undefeatable" aura, I think, would intimate players and deep down (whether they admit or not) inside would feel like Fed is too good.

After 2008 (which I think had a lot to do with his Mono but I think Fed looks back to his old self, definitely in his match against Nadal in the AO '09) where Fed was losing to a Roddick, Fish, Nadal, Murray, and now losing to Nadal again, do most players think to themselves, man, Fed is pretty vulnerable. Is Fed's dominant aura and intimidating presence now gone?

I think at least a little.

interesting topic garion. i think some of the players are no longer intimidated by him. count D-Pot (Del Potro) out. he is still terrified of him.

the intimidation factor is gone. this is why more players stepped up to the plate and managed to win against him last year. Murray has beaten him 4 times in a row now. Simon has gunned him down 2 times in a row. Roddick and Fish also managed to secure wins against him last year. certainly the Clay Monster has his number, now having gunned him down 5 times in a row across all terrains.

Fed failed to win a single masters series event last year. its a combination of factors. he did win the U.S Open but for all practical purposes, 27 is really too old for tennis. it always has been too old for tennis. i dont expect the things to get any easier going forward.

this last setback will affect him for a while. it is crucial that he shows something at Indian Wells and at Miami Masters. if he fails at both of those events, i believe it will be another year like the last year. and the U.S Open becomes a more difficult proposition his year. we will just have to see. if his game peaks at exactly the right time at Flushing Meadows and he has a favorable draw, he could again be in the finals there.

i'm glad someone thought so, unlike a certain person (ahem, kittens!!!   :mad1:  :)~).  :)

What about Wimbledon? And the French? Fed has a chance there, no? At least with Wimbledon he'll have a chance against Nadal and co. The French, I think he can get to the semis or Finals.

I also worry about Nadal's health. I know he's doing good now. But still...  :)  It was how I felt about Justine and how she might be playing too much. The Williams know how to plan their schedules and peak for slams.

Clay Monster is a buffoon who does not know when to relax, recover, and refresh.

he is headed to Rotterdam to play both singles and doubles in a few days.

Offline miticfam

• Tennis God
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2009, 06:12:45 PM »
This is a weird question, only because, most players I think feel they can beat anyone. You have to believe in yourself and your game. But Fed has been so dominant for so long, that his "undefeatable" aura, I think, would intimate players and deep down (whether they admit or not) inside would feel like Fed is too good.

After 2008 (which I think had a lot to do with his Mono but I think Fed looks back to his old self, definitely in his match against Nadal in the AO '09) where Fed was losing to a Roddick, Fish, Nadal, Murray, and now losing to Nadal again, do most players think to themselves, man, Fed is pretty vulnerable. Is Fed's dominant aura and intimidating presence now gone?

interesting topic garion. i think some of the players are no longer intimidated by him. count D-Pot (Del Potro) out. he is still terrified of him.

the intimidation factor is gone. this is why more players stepped up to the plate and managed to win against him last year. Murray has beaten him 4 times in a row now. Simon has gunned him down 2 times in a row. Roddick and Fish also managed to secure wins against him last year. certainly the Clay Monster has his number, now having gunned him down 5 times in a row across all terrains.

Fed failed to win a single masters series event last year. its a combination of factors. he did win the U.S Open but for all practical purposes, 27 is really too old for tennis. it always has been too old for tennis. i dont expect the things to get any easier going forward.

this last setback will affect him for a while. it is crucial that he shows something at Indian Wells and at Miami Masters. if he fails at both of those events, i believe it will be another year like the last year. and the U.S Open becomes a more difficult proposition his year. we will just have to see. if his game peaks at exactly the right time at Flushing Meadows and he has a favorable draw, he could again be in the finals there.

i'm glad someone thought so, unlike a certain person (ahem, kittens!!!   :mad1:  :)~).  :)

What about Wimbledon? And the French? Fed has a chance there, no? At least with Wimbledon he'll have a chance against Nadal and co. The French, I think he can get to the semis or Finals.

I also worry about Nadal's health. I know he's doing good now. But still...  :)  It was how I felt about Justine and how she might be playing too much. The Williams know how to plan their schedules and peak for slams.

Clay Monster is a buffoon who does not know when to relax, recover, and refresh.

Oh cmon, will he ever understand??? Where is uncle Toni now? What kind a coach is he??? I'm pissed

FEDERER THE GOAT, 16 GSs, Career Slam, 21 GS finals, 23! consecutive GS SFs
My favs: Federer, Djokovic, DelPotro, Haas, Ana, Henin:)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2009, 07:55:10 PM »

Oh cmon, will he ever understand??? Where is uncle Toni now? What kind a coach is he??? I'm pissed

he really dosnt listen to uncle tony as much as we are led to believe. he is his own man in many ways.

what is troubling is that he just finished complaining about how there are too many hard court events and how they are injuring players and cutting their careers short.