Author Topic: ATP - 2009 Australian Open: Jan. 19 - Feb. 1  (Read 297656 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: ATP - 2009 Australian Open: Jan. 19 - Feb. 1
« Reply #260 on: November 25, 2008, 04:07:58 PM »
Some of you are complaining like school girls. I for one have no problems what discussions take place where. You will never see me going to a thread and say, "oh, this is not the right place to do this or do that or say this or say that." I live and let live. Plain and simple. Rules are always meant to be broken anyway. I also don't get all bent out of shape if things don't go my way. I do everything for fun. I am in finance so I have a very busy work life. With market being fluctuating all the time, it's not pretty. After I get home, I am pretty tired and not often enough I feel the need to argue. So I will say things when and if I feel like it or won't at all, but it will be hardly because I am cornered. Just don't work too hard on you posts as you never know what kind of mood I will be in. Oh and I am very secure in every possible way--even as Pete fan. You have to be or else it will take the fun out of you.

My advice - just relax and take it easy. I am telling you, life is too short.

If everyone thought like you - then why in the heck do we even have thread then? :confused1:  All we're trying to do is keep some kind of 'order' so people will know where to read about certain things.  It would make no sense to name a thread "The ATP thread" and in that thread there is nothing but information on the women players!? That's all we're trying to do ... just keep some sense of order so those who come to the forum to read about specific things will know where to go to find the information. ;-()

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #261 on: November 25, 2008, 05:24:29 PM »
Some of you are complaining like school girls. I for one have no problems what discussions take place where. You will never see me going to a thread and say, "oh, this is not the right place to do this or do that or say this or say that." I live and let live. Plain and simple. Rules are always meant to be broken anyway. I also don't get all bent out of shape if things don't go my way. I do everything for fun. I am in finance so I have a very busy work life. With market being fluctuating all the time, it's not pretty. After I get home, I am pretty tired and not often enough I feel the need to argue. So I will say things when and if I feel like it or won't at all, but it will be hardly because I am cornered. Just don't work too hard on you posts as you never know what kind of mood I will be in. Oh and I am very secure in every possible way--even as Pete fan. You have to be or else it will take the fun out of you.

My advice - just relax and take it easy. I am telling you, life is too short.

If everyone thought like you - then why in the heck do we even have thread then? :confused1:  All we're trying to do is keep some kind of 'order' so people will know where to read about certain things.  It would make no sense to name a thread "The ATP thread" and in that thread there is nothing but information on the women players!? That's all we're trying to do ... just keep some sense of order so those who come to the forum to read about specific things will know where to go to find the information. ;-()

Hey, if you want to keep things in order that's fine too. I am okay with everything. But know, AO is still more than a month away and once it's around, the real discussion will take place automatically. You don't have to force it. You can't possibly keep things in order all the time. I have seen on many threads things being a bit out of order by some of you, in fact. Some of you just decided to speak about something that wasn't relevant at all. It was merely a case of one thing leading to another. Even when you think, you will find yourself thinking about totally something else when you know very well that you should be focusing on something else. We are humans after all. Give it a break. I never visit a thread that's not my cup of tea and never will. As I said, I live and let live.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #262 on: November 25, 2008, 06:13:40 PM »
And I know huntingyou posted something but I have yet to read it. I just scrolled down not out of disrespect however; it's just that I am not in the same mood as yesterday. Don't be surprised if you find me responding three days later, but now that we are into keeping things in order, that's highly unlikely. Just saying that that's the way I am. I have to find some time and the right mood to talk about it and until I do so, I just tend to talk about something else.

Alrighty then, onto AO. I say Nole will win it all. You may quote me later!  :)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #263 on: November 25, 2008, 08:22:11 PM »
And I know huntingyou posted something but I have yet to read it. I just scrolled down not out of disrespect however; it's just that I am not in the same mood as yesterday. Don't be surprised if you find me responding three days later, but now that we are into keeping things in order, that's highly unlikely. Just saying that that's the way I am. I have to find some time and the right mood to talk about it and until I do so, I just tend to talk about something else.

I think Murray will win the AO,i feel thats his goal to break into the top 3.Time of play here is huge,those with night matches have more chance to win here.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #264 on: November 25, 2008, 08:36:47 PM »

I think Murray will win the AO,i feel thats his goal to break into the top 3.Time of play here is huge,those with night matches have more chance to win here.

is Murray playing in Doha? we will know more of his form there but he definitely goes into the australian open as one of the favorites.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #265 on: November 25, 2008, 09:29:17 PM »

Don't worry about it...as far as I'm concern, that topic is impossible to reach a happy middle.

I won't Novak winning the AO as well.......he is my first pick to win it followed by Rafa and Roger.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #266 on: November 26, 2008, 08:40:26 AM »

Don't worry about it...as far as I'm concern, that topic is impossible to reach a happy middle.

I won't Novak winning the AO as well.......he is my first pick to win it followed by Rafa and Roger.

depending on the draw and a little bittle of luck, serbian slayer should be in the finals. if its the clay monster on the other side of the net, he is going down.

if its Fed or Murray on the other side of the net, serbian slayer will shine and defend his title. that should narrow it down.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #267 on: November 26, 2008, 09:52:09 AM »

depending on the draw and a little bittle of luck, serbian slayer should be in the finals. if its the clay monster on the other side of the net, he is going down.
if its Fed or Murray on the other side of the net, serbian slayer will shine and defend his title. that should narrow it down.

Ain't  happening. First of all, he should be so lucky to even make that far. Even if he does, my boy will take your boy out. Remember a red hot Murray at the Open? Nole will be no different but he will also have to make the final first but once he does, there's no stopping.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 11:15:38 AM by Emma »

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #268 on: November 26, 2008, 11:09:39 AM »

is Murray playing in Doha? we will know more of his form there but he definitely goes into the australian open as one of the favorites.

Thay said he was in the papers today so yes,Also he off to Miami for winter training again.Murray weighs 13 stone ATM he hopes to add up to 8lb more on his body.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #269 on: November 26, 2008, 11:25:48 AM »

Ain't  happening. First of all, he should be so lucky to even make that far. Even if he does, my boy will take your boy out. Remember a red hot Murray at the Open? Nole will be no different but he will also have to make the final first but once he does, there's no stopping.

Luck has nothing to do with it......if it happens he earn it.

why kind of BS is that? Already downgrading a possible Rafa AO victory or finals by calling him lucky?

Yes he is lucky that he has a 27-11 H2H vs Roger, Novak and Murray.....................anything to say about that 27-11 number? Rafa can beat anybody in any surface and that should be clear by now!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #270 on: November 26, 2008, 12:40:24 PM »

why kind of BS is that? Already downgrading a possible Rafa AO victory or finals by calling him lucky?

Yes he is lucky that he has a 27-11 H2H vs Roger, Novak and Murray.....................anything to say about that 27-11 number? Rafa can beat anybody in any surface and that should be clear by now!

of course its "BS". its these kind of people who were also quick to write him off on grass as well. surely they have learned their lesson by now.

i am taking his recent injuries into account and will suggest that quarters or semis is a great start as long as he escapes without any injuries. he has to stay healthy. health, fitness, and the health of those knees before anything else.

clay and grass wont be any problem he will take what belongs to him. and then there are points to picked up at masters cup at the end of the year if needed.

keep in mind that he will be piling up points in Rome as well as Madrid masters. Madrid is on clay.

finally, the schedule is more forgiving in 2009. no olympics and that davis cup against serbia is at home on clay. the more he stays on clay the better he will be.

#1 rank for 2009 is in the bag if he just uses his brains a little and approaches the new year very strategically.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #271 on: November 26, 2008, 01:25:24 PM »

of course its "BS". its these kind of people who were also quick to write him off on grass as well. surely they have learned their lesson by now.
i am taking his recent injuries into account and will suggest that quarters or semis is a great start as long as he escapes without any injuries. he has to stay healthy. health, fitness, and the health of those knees before anything else.

clay and grass wont be any problem he will take what belongs to him. and then there are points to picked up at masters cup at the end of the year if needed.

keep in mind that he will be piling up points in Rome as well as Madrid masters. Madrid is on clay.

finally, the schedule is more forgiving in 2009. no olympics and that davis cup against serbia is at home on clay. the more he stays on clay the better he will be.

#1 rank for 2009 is in the bag if he just uses his brains a little and approaches the new year very strategically.

Well, it's me who said it and I never wrote Nadal off on grass, so that's BS itself. Anyway, if Nadal makes the final beating worthy opponents than that would be earned, but if he makes it beating x,y,z then he's lucky. Oh and there are such things as luck in anything. You can get a lucky draw for instance. A cakewalk to the final. Geez. I guess it's easy to give out but hard to take it back, for some anyway.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #272 on: November 26, 2008, 01:38:29 PM »

Well, it's me who said it and I never wrote Nadal off on grass, so that's BS itself. Anyway, if Nadal makes the final beating worthy opponents than that would be earned, but if he makes it beating x,y,z then he's lucky. Oh and there are such things as luck in anything. You can get a lucky draw for instance. A cakewalk to the final. Geez. I guess it's easy to give out but hard to take it back, for some anyway.

what are you talking about? you missing your marbles again young lady or what. lay off the cheap liquor.

there are no easy tournaments for the clay monster. he plays the toughest of the toughest tournaments when he is not being ordered by his doctors to stay off the court.

yes he demolished everybody at roland garros this year but if you only knew how hard he had to work to make that happen. nothing is easy for him. every point is war and he plays it like his life is on the line.

there is a reason why he can barely walk the last 3-4 months of the season. he plays too much and he plays too hard and he plays when he doesnt really have to. and how about those 18 doubles matches. its just too much.

if 111 matches against the toughest of the toughest players is not enough for you then you are just not watching the same sport. name 1 other player who comes close to having played that many matches and won nearly 90% of those matches.

just name one player.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #273 on: November 26, 2008, 05:46:07 PM »
wow, 15 pages already  :rofl_2:. Stop fighting guys, it's to early to predict anything right now.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #274 on: November 26, 2008, 06:06:41 PM »

what are you talking about? you missing your marbles again young lady or what. lay off the cheap liquor.

there are no easy tournaments for the clay monster. he plays the toughest of the toughest tournaments when he is not being ordered by his doctors to stay off the court.

yes he demolished everybody at roland garros this year but if you only knew how hard he had to work to make that happen. nothing is easy for him. every point is war and he plays it like his life is on the line.

there is a reason why he can barely walk the last 3-4 months of the season. he plays too much and he plays too hard and he plays when he doesnt really have to. and how about those 18 doubles matches. its just too much.

if 111 matches against the toughest of the toughest players is not enough for you then you are just not watching the same sport. name 1 other player who comes close to having played that many matches and won nearly 90% of those matches.

just name one player.

Hey, who's drinking now? I never said Nadal had it easy last year. He earned every bit of it and he totally deserves it. We are talking about next year. Different story, different everything altogether. If Nadal played too much then it's his own fault. As for sports related injuries, they all fall within the territory. In any case, he will still have to earn everything. Never mind what I said the night before. I do like him and if he faces Federer in the final, then by all means, take him out. But if he faces either Nole or Murray, then chances are he'll go out to them. Both have better game than him on that surface. Either way, you won't see me pulling for Nadal if it's Nole or Murray on the other side of the net. It's also very, very important for me that either Nole or Murray wins the AO. I have to have my own favourite, no?

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #275 on: November 26, 2008, 07:11:43 PM »

just name one player.

And I drink no cheap liquor, no sir. I drink wine. I like my red wine. I like apple martini very much and only occasionally I drink beer. Right now, am more into discovering different drinks as I have no one to control me. I am finally the Queen of my own domain. Ha!

Anyway, speaking of AO, I simply love it. I probably love it the most. Then USO and Wimbledon. After that, RG. In fact, last year I only saw one match and that was the men's final and that's simply because I wanted to see Federer going out to Nadal. Oh the joy. The first week and a half, I was away for vacation though but if it were any other slam, I would have planned my vacation otherwise. I just don't like the dirt. If I were a pro tennis player and if I were to play on red clay, I can assure you that I would have taken multiple breaks to shower in between breaks. And the crowd would have booed me to no one end and that would have made my life miserable, so I am sure I made the right choice. lol. No but seriously, I just don't like the idea of dirt all over me. eek.

And I think am bit of a babbling mood and it's all Babble's fault. He made me listen to some crazy songs!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #276 on: November 26, 2008, 07:14:23 PM »
Emma, are you sure you're not Alison's twin sister?  Reading your post makes me think of Alison :rofl_2:  Are you guys the same person? :rofl_2:

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #277 on: November 26, 2008, 07:17:20 PM »
Emma, are you sure you're not Alison's twin sister?  Reading your post makes me think of Alison :rofl_2:  Are you guys the same person? :rofl_2:

I am very sure I am not. What did I say that sounds like her? Enlighten me please.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #278 on: November 26, 2008, 07:18:38 PM »

I am very sure I am not. What did I say that sounds like her? Enlighten me please.

"last year I only saw one match and that was the men's final and that's simply because I wanted to see Federer going out to Nadal. Oh the joy."

Just a start... :)) ..-)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #279 on: November 26, 2008, 07:19:36 PM »

Emma is nowhere near as prickly or profane as Alison. I hope you never get that bitter.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)