Author Topic: ATP - 2009 Australian Open: Jan. 19 - Feb. 1  (Read 286708 times)

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
Re: ATP - 2009 Australian Open: Jan. 19 - Feb. 1
« Reply #280 on: November 26, 2008, 07:23:09 PM »
Emma, are you sure you're not Alison's twin sister?  Reading your post makes me think of Alison :rofl_2:  Are you guys the same person? :rofl_2:

I am very sure I am not. What did I say that sounds like her? Enlighten me please.

"last year I only saw one match and that was the men's final and that's simply because I wanted to see Federer going out to Nadal. Oh the joy."

Just a start... :)) ..-)

Oh, the mere mention of Federer. Do you know that you are like a very loyal dog who sniffs too much?  :)) But I can assure you, I know a lot of people who watched that final simply because of that reason. They wanted to see a good hard spanking by Nadal.  Can you you blame anyone?   ;-()

Anyway, there's no one like me. I am one and only like God. Make no mistakes. I forgive you this time though.  :))
You are everything I am not.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #281 on: November 26, 2008, 07:24:47 PM »
Emma, are you sure you're not Alison's twin sister?  Reading your post makes me think of Alison :rofl_2:  Are you guys the same person? :rofl_2:

I am very sure I am not. What did I say that sounds like her? Enlighten me please.

"last year I only saw one match and that was the men's final and that's simply because I wanted to see Federer going out to Nadal. Oh the joy."

Oh, the mere mention of Federer. Do you know that you are like a very loyal dog who sniffs too much?  :)) But I can assure you, I know a lot of people who watched that final simply because of that reason. They wanted to see a good hard spanking by Nadal.  Can you you blame anyone?   ;-()

Anyway, there's no one like me. I am one and only like God. Make no mistakes. I forgive you this time though.  :))

Wow, you call me a loyal dog but then you forgive me! :rofl_2:  You're ok Emma....

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #282 on: November 26, 2008, 07:27:41 PM »

Emma is nowhere near as prickly or profane as Alison. I hope you never get that bitter.

Dallas is delusional.   :) I am never bitter. Am always lovely. As I said before, I am on the verge of becoming a Federer fan; that is, however, to keep a balance between Nadal fans and Federer fans. How often does that happen?

I do plan to make Kitten's life a bit miserable though and that's my only vice.  :)~

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #283 on: November 26, 2008, 07:28:44 PM »

Wow, you call me a loyal dog but then you forgive me! :rofl_2:  You're ok Emma....

Us Pete fans are all loyal dogs I will have you know that. It's a good thing I assure you!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #284 on: November 26, 2008, 07:35:38 PM »

Us Pete fans are all loyal dogs I will have you know that. It's a good thing I assure you!

I'm taking it like a good thing... :))

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #285 on: November 26, 2008, 07:38:34 PM »

It is. I love dogs and I rate them very high..higher than humans sometimes. I don't like cats. They are too fussy....reminds me of Kitten.  :)~

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #286 on: November 26, 2008, 07:39:58 PM »

It is. I love dogs and I rate them very high..higher than humans sometimes. I don't like cats. They are too fussy....reminds me of Kittens.  :)~
BAM!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #287 on: November 26, 2008, 08:03:56 PM »

Emma is nowhere near as prickly or profane as Alison. I hope you never get that bitter.

Dallas is delusional.   :) I am never bitter. Am always lovely. As I said before, I am on the verge of becoming a Federer fan; that is, however, to keep a balance between Nadal fans and Federer fans. How often does that happen?

I do plan to make Kitten's life a bit miserable though and that's my only vice.  :)~

Than you are OK in my book.  :good:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #288 on: November 26, 2008, 08:19:06 PM »

Than you are OK in my book.  :good:

Mine too! :rofl_2:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #289 on: November 26, 2008, 08:19:23 PM »

He's already miserable.  :rofl_2:  Be nice though, kittens can be much more cranky than what you see recently, believe me.  :)

You don't have to be a Fed fan to back him up, just look at the game and call your shots.

BTW, I really like your posts, but I don't know why.  :confused1:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #290 on: November 26, 2008, 08:31:28 PM »
And I know huntingyou posted something but I have yet to read it. I just scrolled down not out of disrespect however; it's just that I am not in the same mood as yesterday. Don't be surprised if you find me responding three days later, but now that we are into keeping things in order, that's highly unlikely. Just saying that that's the way I am. I have to find some time and the right mood to talk about it and until I do so, I just tend to talk about something else.

Alrighty then, onto AO. I say Nole will win it all. You may quote me later!  :)

Don't worry about it...as far as I'm concern, that topic is impossible to reach a happy middle.

I won't Novak winning the AO as well.......he is my first pick to win it followed by Rafa and Roger.

depending on the draw and a little bittle of luck, serbian slayer should be in the finals. if its the clay monster on the other side of the net, he is going down.
if its Fed or Murray on the other side of the net, serbian slayer will shine and defend his title. that should narrow it down.

Ain't  happening. First of all, he should be so lucky to even make that far. Even if he does, my boy will take your boy out. Remember a red hot Murray at the Open? Nole will be no different but he will also have to make the final first but once he does, there's no stopping.

Luck has nothing to do with it......if it happens he earn it.

why kind of BS is that? Already downgrading a possible Rafa AO victory or finals by calling him lucky?

Yes he is lucky that he has a 27-11 H2H vs Roger, Novak and Murray.....................anything to say about that 27-11 number? Rafa can beat anybody in any surface and that should be clear by now!

of course its "BS". its these kind of people who were also quick to write him off on grass as well. surely they have learned their lesson by now.
i am taking his recent injuries into account and will suggest that quarters or semis is a great start as long as he escapes without any injuries. he has to stay healthy. health, fitness, and the health of those knees before anything else.

clay and grass wont be any problem he will take what belongs to him. and then there are points to picked up at masters cup at the end of the year if needed.

keep in mind that he will be piling up points in Rome as well as Madrid masters. Madrid is on clay.

finally, the schedule is more forgiving in 2009. no olympics and that davis cup against serbia is at home on clay. the more he stays on clay the better he will be.

#1 rank for 2009 is in the bag if he just uses his brains a little and approaches the new year very strategically.

Well, it's me who said it and I never wrote Nadal off on grass, so that's BS itself. Anyway, if Nadal makes the final beating worthy opponents than that would be earned, but if he makes it beating x,y,z then he's lucky. Oh and there are such things as luck in anything. You can get a lucky draw for instance. A cakewalk to the final. Geez. I guess it's easy to give out but hard to take it back, for some anyway.

what are you talking about? you missing your marbles again young lady or what. lay off the cheap liquor.

there are no easy tournaments for the clay monster. he plays the toughest of the toughest tournaments when he is not being ordered by his doctors to stay off the court.

yes he demolished everybody at roland garros this year but if you only knew how hard he had to work to make that happen. nothing is easy for him. every point is war and he plays it like his life is on the line.

there is a reason why he can barely walk the last 3-4 months of the season. he plays too much and he plays too hard and he plays when he doesnt really have to. and how about those 18 doubles matches. its just too much.

if 111 matches against the toughest of the toughest players is not enough for you then you are just not watching the same sport. name 1 other player who comes close to having played that many matches and won nearly 90% of those matches.

just name one player.

And I drink no cheap liquor, no sir. I drink wine. I like my red wine. I like apple martini very much and only occasionally I drink beer. Right now, am more into discovering different drinks as I have no one to control me. I am finally the Queen of my own domain. Ha!

Anyway, speaking of AO, I simply love it. I probably love it the most. Then USO and Wimbledon. After that, RG. In fact, last year I only saw one match and that was the men's final and that's simply because I wanted to see Federer going out to Nadal. Oh the joy. The first week and a half, I was away for vacation though but if it were any other slam, I would have planned my vacation otherwise. I just don't like the dirt. If I were a pro tennis player and if I were to play on red clay, I can assure you that I would have taken multiple breaks to shower in between breaks. And the crowd would have booed me to no one end and that would have made my life miserable, so I am sure I made the right choice. lol. No but seriously, I just don't like the idea of dirt all over me. eek.

And I think am bit of a babbling mood and it's all Babble's fault. He made me listen to some crazy songs!

love red wine. almost as much as i love scotch.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #291 on: November 26, 2008, 08:52:36 PM »
Scotch is too hard for me. A couple of sips and I am drunk.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #292 on: November 26, 2008, 08:57:33 PM »

He's already miserable.  :rofl_2:  Be nice though, kittens can be much more cranky than what you see recently, believe me.  :)

You don't have to be a Fed fan to back him up, just look at the game and call your shots.

You like my posts because I am fair, honest, tend to speak my mind, and lovely? Oh and feisty too. There.  :)

And as for Kitten, why do you say he's already miserable? I think not. I think he's very cute.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #293 on: November 26, 2008, 09:44:31 PM »
Scotch is too hard for me. A couple of sips and I am drunk.

excellent. saves money.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #294 on: November 26, 2008, 09:51:24 PM »

You like my posts because I am fair, honest, tend to speak my mind, and lovely? Oh and feisty too. There.  :)

And as for Kitten, why do you say he's already miserable? I think not. I think he's very cute.
Just being facetious.  :)~

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #295 on: November 27, 2008, 05:52:57 PM »
I'm being facetious i guess but i feel Murray will strike in 2009,fingers crossed any way.Swish i know you look @ tennis different from Nadal fans. :// All it takes is one player to make life harder for Nadal on Clay.Just maybe it could be Del Potro,fingers crossed.To me this is Del Potro best surface where others may not think so.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #296 on: November 27, 2008, 07:42:54 PM »
I'm being facetious i guess but i feel Murray will strike in 2009,fingers crossed any way.Swish i know you look @ tennis different from Nadal fans. :// All it takes is one player to make life harder for Nadal on Clay.Just maybe it could be Del Potro,fingers crossed.To me this is Del Potro best surface where others may not think so.

I haven't really paid any attention to Petro on clay, I still say Fed has the best chance of anyone on clay, he can win a set here and there convincingly but Nadal thinks very quick on his feet, makes adjustments and wins. I've never seen Fed come up with a plan B that worked but if Nadal doesn't have an answer he can lose.

This coming year has a lot of questions that won't be answered here but trying is a lot of fun.

So there's no telling what Petro may bring, one thing on his side is his height, maybe the high bounces won't bother him as much. Nadal can win a lot of different ways however so it's hard to cover all the bases on clay with him.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #297 on: November 27, 2008, 07:57:14 PM »

I haven't really paid any attention to Petro on clay, I still say Fed has the best chance of anyone on clay, he can win a set here and there convincingly but Nadal thinks very quick on his feet, makes adjustments and wins. I've never seen Fed come up with a plan B that worked but if Nadal doesn't have an answer he can lose.

This coming year has a lot of questions that won't be answered here but trying is a lot of fun.

So there's no telling what Petro may bring, one thing on his side is his height, maybe the high bounces won't bother him as much. Nadal can win a lot of different ways however so it's hard to cover all the bases on clay with him.

Hi m8 Del Potro has me asking loads next year,i think next year will tell all us tennis fans loads.Some out there think its easy on all surfaces i dont see it that way.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #298 on: November 27, 2008, 08:11:37 PM »

Hi m8 Del Potro has me asking loads next year,i think next year will tell all us tennis fans loads.Some out there think its easy on all surfaces i dont see it that way.

I'm really looking forward to this coming year, and Petro is one of the guys to watch, he can play well and did put together that streak, that was pretty impressive especially as he's a new kid on the block. He should improve but how much is the question.

And of course Murray, he can improve also, I've heard he's trying to take his fitness to a higher level, we'll see if it helps, it should.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #299 on: November 27, 2008, 08:43:30 PM »

I'm really looking forward to this coming year, and Petro is one of the guys to watch, he can play well and did put together that streak, that was pretty impressive especially as he's a new kid on the block. He should improve but how much is the question.

And of course Murray, he can improve also, I've heard he's trying to take his fitness to a higher level, we'll see if it helps, it should.

Hi swish 2009 there many questions to be solved,I'm not sure what happens in 2009.Murray gone back 2 Miami like last year again,trying to get stronger for 2009.Del Potro for 20 years can only get better,his forehand is evil if you on the other side of the net.Being from Argentina,i think we should all know,he take to clay like a duck to water.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 08:44:30 PM by sid »