Author Topic: ATP - 2009 Australian Open: Jan. 19 - Feb. 1  (Read 291561 times)

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
Re: ATP - 2009 Australian Open: Jan. 19 - Feb. 1
« Reply #6260 on: February 04, 2009, 09:12:40 PM »
herc darling, I am just very happy that you are back. And I hope the biking thing went very well.

yes emma darling. its good to be back. i see people have already started throwing spears at me starting with none other than Scotty himself. i would have thought he knew me better than that.

Scotty likes you very much. He said so when you were gone. His fave lost and it's not easy you know. I noticed he's very touchy about Fed just like I am very touchy about you know who.
You are everything I am not.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #6261 on: February 04, 2009, 09:14:06 PM »
herc darling, I am just very happy that you are back. And I hope the biking thing went very well.

yes emma darling. its good to be back. i see people have already started throwing spears at me starting with none other than Scotty himself. i would have thought he knew me better than that.

The problem is some of us know you too well I fear!?  

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #6262 on: February 04, 2009, 09:17:52 PM »
Why can't you people understand?  Some of you imply that Fed planned his outburst or did it on purpose to steal Nadal's moment!  That is just plain ridiculous.  You all are being defensive of your boy Nadal............like Fed was supposed to bow and worship him...........like everyone is supposed to bow to him............or else you all feel slighted!  It has become more than tiring! 

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #6263 on: February 04, 2009, 09:18:05 PM »

Question dear: why do you only surface when Fed makes a slam final? What up with dat?

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #6264 on: February 04, 2009, 09:19:32 PM »

Question dear: why do you only surface when Fed makes a slam final? What up with dat?

With over 14,000 posts in less than 3 years, do you really think that is the case?

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #6265 on: February 04, 2009, 09:20:27 PM »

Scotty likes you very much. He said so when you were gone. His fave lost and it's not easy you know. I noticed he's very touchy about Fed just like I am very touchy about you know who.

ok emma darling. i will learn to be more kind.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #6266 on: February 04, 2009, 09:22:17 PM »

With over 14,000 posts in less than 3 years, do you really think that is the case?

I don't know that's why I am asking. I only saw him last year during and after USO. Also, Fed was in control in those years so there might be something. I am just sayin'.  :)~

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #6267 on: February 04, 2009, 09:24:18 PM »

You know that to be the trend do you?  Truth is, I have been on here a long time and used to read every single post in every thread.  I don't have time for that crap anymore.  Plus, I can't stand illogical, unreasonable posts from some of the people here...........so, for that reason I avoid the tennis discussions some.  I just came back in the tennis discussions to drop in and check to see what people had to say about the big match.  I have remained consistently in the journals and general discussions.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #6268 on: February 04, 2009, 09:29:13 PM »

You know that to be the trend do you?  Truth is, I have been on here a long time and used to read every single post in every thread.  I don't have time for that crap anymore.  Plus, I can't stand illogical, unreasonable posts from some of the people here...........so, for that reason I avoid the tennis discussions some.  I just came back in the tennis discussions to drop in and check to see what people had to say about the big match.  I have remained consistently in the journals and general discussions.

But isn't that your job regardless? See, I can stir too. Doesn't feel as good though does it, when the dishes come back?  :)~ Good night. Needless to say, I enjoyed teasing you this fortnight.  Tit for tat after all. :))

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #6269 on: February 04, 2009, 09:31:11 PM »
Why can't you people understand?  Some of you imply that Fed planned his outburst or did it on purpose to steal Nadal's moment!  That is just plain ridiculous.  You all are being defensive of your boy Nadal............like Fed was supposed to bow and worship him...........like everyone is supposed to bow to him............or else you all feel slighted!  It has become more than tiring! 

a great champion ought to be able to control his emotions and give another great champion his due. like i said, i am not really saying anything that is not being said around the globe.

this whole crying deal is being viewed as just another dimension of his arrogance. why was the clay monster so much more prepared for the possible loss on sunday. he knew he was going to fight and try his best but he also knew that he would also be able to lose with grace and class if he had to.

here is what he (clay monster) said in so many words: he said that no matter what happens on sunday, he is already having the best start to his season ever.

now that is class and that is objectivity of the highest order. its als called being grounded in reality.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #6270 on: February 04, 2009, 09:31:22 PM »

But isn't that your job regardless? See, I can stir too. Doesn't feel as good though does it, when the dishes come back?  :)~ Good night. Needless to say, I enjoyed teasing you this fortnight.  Tit for tat after all. :))

Job?  Is what my job?  I have a real job..............this place is a hobby.............often, a waste of time with ridiculous posters!  

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #6271 on: February 04, 2009, 09:35:43 PM »

Job?  Is what my job?  I have a real job..............this place is a hobby.............often, a waste of time with ridiculous posters!  

:rofl_2:

I almost forgot how defensive you can get at times. All is good.  :)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #6272 on: February 04, 2009, 09:36:39 PM »

if it is such a waste of time with "ridiculous posters" then explain your 200,000 posts. what you want is an army of posters engaged in blind worship of Fed just like you. that is not what makes the forum interesting. in fact, it kills it.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #6273 on: February 04, 2009, 09:42:18 PM »

if it is such a waste of time with "ridiculous posters" then explain your 200,000 posts. what you want is an army of posters engaged in blind worship of Fed just like you. that is not what makes the forum interesting. in fact, it kills it.

That kind of excageration doesn't make your point any better. Nobody is asking that we all worship Federer blindly. Right now the opposite is happening. We are being told to blindly worship Nadal. I don't want to worship any player.
I just want to watch tennis without all this chest thumping rhetoric.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #6274 on: February 04, 2009, 09:47:08 PM »

That kind of excageration doesn't make your point any better. Nobody is asking that we all worship Federer blindly. Right now the opposite is happening. We are being told to blindly worship Nadal. I don't want to worship any player.

i do not recall anybody telling anybody to worship Nadal. he wins but i see a lot of defficiencies in his game. for instance, taking 5 hours and 15 minutes to get rid of Verdasco just before the final is just pathetic at best. he was reverting back to a relatively defensive mode in that one. no wonder Verdasco hit 95 winners on him.

i see you, Kittens, and myself as among the more objective posters around.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #6275 on: February 04, 2009, 09:54:12 PM »

That kind of exaggeration doesn't make your point any better. Nobody is asking that we all worship Federer blindly. Right now the opposite is happening. We are being told to blindly worship Nadal. I don't want to worship any player.

i do not recall anybody telling anybody to worship Nadal. he wins but i see a lot of defficiencies in his game. for instance, taking 5 hours and 15 minutes to get rid of Verdasco just before the final is just pathetic at best. he was reverting back to a relatively defensive mode in that one. no wonder Verdasco hit 95 winners on him.

I see quite a bit of chest thumping from you as well. There are others here who see any comment about Nadal that doesn't indicate that he is the greatest in tennis history as an insult. They are very quick to fire back. That doesn't make for objective discussion. Nor does totally discounting others opinions. Civilised discussion is about understanding the difference between fact and opinion, and treating each appropriately. Accepting other's opinion, and making sure our facts are correct. At least that's how I try to approach things. I just don't see enough of that anymore.
It's not just Nadal fans, but others as well. It becomes a chore to wade through it all.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #6276 on: February 04, 2009, 09:58:30 PM »

I hear ya.  I stayed away from here for a few months, not enjoying the thought of having to either ignore the retarded posts, or delve into the negativity of arguing against them on a constant basis.  But for whatever reason, I got this idea that the core posters here (the Federeeeesians??) could bring back the positivity and fun, and most of all, the willingness to respect other opinions, that has sadly been missing for a while.  So I hope you can wade through some of the crap and continue to post in the main forums!
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #6277 on: February 04, 2009, 10:05:54 PM »

That kind of exaggeration doesn't make your point any better. Nobody is asking that we all worship Federer blindly. Right now the opposite is happening. We are being told to blindly worship Nadal. I don't want to worship any player.

I see quite a bit of chest thumping from you as well. There are others here who see any comment about Nadal that doesn't indicate that he is the greatest in tennis history as an insult. They are very quick to fire back. That doesn't make for objective discussion. Nor does totally discounting others opinions. Civilised discussion is about understanding the difference between fact and opinion, and treating each appropriately. Accepting other's opinion, and making sure our facts are correct. At least that's how I try to approach things. I just don't see enough of that anymore.
It's not just Nadal fans, but others as well. It becomes a chore to wade through it all.

you are mistaken old friend. i am far more objective than some are willing to admit here. the problem is that the truth always stings some people.

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #6278 on: February 04, 2009, 10:07:03 PM »

OSU is always representing in the journals (he might be the only one who reads mine half of the time).   :)
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #6279 on: February 04, 2009, 10:26:55 PM »

you are mistaken old friend. i am far more objective than some are willing to admit here. the problem is that the truth always stings some people.

Case in point.  :whistling:

An ambition fulfilled