Author Topic: ATP - 2009 Australian Open: Jan. 19 - Feb. 1  (Read 278464 times)

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
Re: ATP - 2009 Australian Open: Jan. 19 - Feb. 1
« Reply #6300 on: February 05, 2009, 11:56:35 AM »
Found the quote from Nadal about Federer's outbreak detracting from the moment for him:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jon_wertheim/02/03/federer.nadal/index.html?eref=T1

If his title was rendered a tad bittersweet -- "I can't enjoy 100 percent the victory, because I saw him cry," he told reporters -- he ultimately benefited from the opportunity to show such grace and empathy.

I'll refrain from posting the entire article, but give it a read.  Wertheim always has interesting things to say.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #6301 on: February 05, 2009, 12:02:07 PM »

that crying episode is a bit selfish. i heard that the Clay Monster said somewhere that he found it hard to really enjoy the monent since Fed was so shook up about his loss. instead of enjoying the moment, he was compelled to console Fed.

You "heard" it eh?  Well, if you find that in a post match interview please feel free to post it.  Until then, nice try...
Actually I read the same thing and posted as much here somewhere.
I'll see if I can dig it up.

Well, you suck because you will not let me win in chess you bishop forking bastard!  I was winning that game too!

And my apologies to Herc if Nadal was quoted saying that.  Sounded like Hearsay.

no sweat scotty. i do not, as a general rule, deal with lies and spin. i detest those that do. honesty has always been the best policy.

i have said countless times that i never post what is not already being said by others. often its the true tennis experts and insiders who are saying it.

its called content analysis. it simply means that what ever is going to happen is happening already in small "contents". all we have to do is just open our eyes as well as the windows of our souls a little in order to see it clearly.

on another note, i dont buy the notion that i have been insulting. i saw that somebody was implying that. as i have suggested, i state the obvious and it stings some people.

i add a little color, character, and animation to my posts for dramatic effects but smart people should be able to see that. no malice is intended toward anyone.

i think the real problem is that the board is infested with Federereeeeeesians and i am not a fan of him as a person. i think he has the most complete game of anybody in all of history but he is still a very poor sportsman. i have no use for his arrogance.

finally, i am often put in the position of defending myself here because some of the Fedrerereeeeesians keep coming after me. they often use false pretense but their true intent is a little bit too clear. i am not the one doing the insulting and the attacking. i am the one doing the defending. also, this is an opinion forum and a tennis discussion forum, not a church where everybody has to pray to the same god.

i have the truth on my side. that is all i ever need to know.

MTF ban is lifted later this month so i should be leaving by then anyway.

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #6302 on: February 05, 2009, 12:04:44 PM »
Found the quote from Nadal about Federer's outbreak detracting from the moment for him:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jon_wertheim/02/03/federer.nadal/index.html?eref=T1

If his title was rendered a tad bittersweet -- "I can't enjoy 100 percent the victory, because I saw him cry," he told reporters -- he ultimately benefited from the opportunity to show such grace and empathy.

I'll refrain from posting the entire article, but give it a read.  Wertheim always has interesting things to say.

Nice read, EC.  I guess somewhere around the globe (other than the shuttered flat-earth-society Federeesians here on T4U), there is someone else who isn't vilifying Fed for his post-match behavior.  Or maybe that sportswriter *is* a Federeesian here on T4U??!!??   :)~
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #6303 on: February 05, 2009, 12:28:51 PM »

Job?  Is what my job?  I have a real job..............this place is a hobby.............often, a waste of time with ridiculous posters!  

I hear ya.  I stayed away from here for a few months, not enjoying the thought of having to either ignore the retarded posts, or delve into the negativity of arguing against them on a constant basis.  But for whatever reason, I got this idea that the core posters here (the Federeeeesians??) could bring back the positivity and fun, and most of all, the willingness to respect other opinions, that has sadly been missing for a while.  So I hope you can wade through some of the crap and continue to post in the main forums!

So why now? Do you think things have changed considerably and have nothing to do with fact that Federer made the final at the AO? Because as far as I remember, the last time you were here was in September during USO, the worst time because things are most likely to get ugly around a slam. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Only you are going to believe what you want to believe.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #6304 on: February 05, 2009, 12:46:23 PM »

Job?  Is what my job?  I have a real job..............this place is a hobby.............often, a waste of time with ridiculous posters!  

I hear ya.  I stayed away from here for a few months, not enjoying the thought of having to either ignore the retarded posts, or delve into the negativity of arguing against them on a constant basis.  But for whatever reason, I got this idea that the core posters here (the Federeeeesians??) could bring back the positivity and fun, and most of all, the willingness to respect other opinions, that has sadly been missing for a while.  So I hope you can wade through some of the crap and continue to post in the main forums!

So why now? Do you think things have changed considerably and have nothing to do with fact that Federer made the final at the AO? Because as far as I remember, the last time you were here was in September during USO, the worst time because things are most likely to get ugly around a slam. Coincidence? I don't think so.

its funny that the people who cry the loudest about friction here are actually the ones responsible for it in the first place.

live and let live is a good philosophy to go by.

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #6305 on: February 05, 2009, 12:51:05 PM »

Well, you know, forgive me for considering the slams to be the most exciting times of the year.  I know that probably has to do only with the fact that I'm a Federeesian, and nothing could possibly change your mind anyway, because only you are going to believe what you want to believe.  I guess that little bit of nonsense works both ways, huh?  But since my "rearrival" occurred before Fed reached the finals, I think your argument is looking weaker still.  Truth be told, I came back here just before the Fed-Del Potro match, which I thought was a particularly exciting matchup (at least, before the match).  
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #6306 on: February 05, 2009, 01:01:12 PM »

Well, you know, forgive me for considering the slams to be the most exciting times of the year.  I know that probably has to do only with the fact that I'm a Federeesian, and nothing could possibly change your mind anyway, because only you are going to believe what you want to believe.  I guess that little bit of nonsense works both ways, huh?  But since my "rearrival" occurred before Fed reached the finals, I think your argument is looking weaker still.  Truth be told, I came back here just before the Fed-Del Potro match, which I thought was a particularly exciting matchup (at least, before the match).  

I am going to believe what convinces me the most and I am open to solid reasons, that's why I am calling you on it. Because you are trying to convince some of us that I find not to be entirely true, because your very pattern suggests otherwise. You arrive during a slam, doesn't matter at which point or before what match. I am merely questioning your position which I feel is disguised in something else.

Most importantly, if you were a true fan of tennis not just a Federeesian, then you would be here other times too. Fed hasn't been doing so well since the start of 2008 or so I noticed.
You are everything I am not.

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #6307 on: February 05, 2009, 01:03:53 PM »

on another note, i dont buy the notion that i have been insulting. i saw that somebody was implying that. as i have suggested, i state the obvious and it stings some people.

i add a little color, character, and animation to my posts for dramatic effects but smart people should be able to see that. no malice is intended toward anyone.

i think the real problem is that the board is infested with Federereeeeeesians and i am not a fan of him as a person. i think he has the most complete game of anybody in all of history but he is still a very poor sportsman. i have no use for his arrogance.

Nah, that's just "adding color".

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #6308 on: February 05, 2009, 01:17:50 PM »

I am going to believe what convinces me the most and I am open to solid reasons, that's why I am calling you on it. Because you are trying to convince some of us that I find not to be entirely true, because your very pattern suggests otherwise. You arrive during a slam, doesn't matter at which point or before what match. I am merely questioning your position which I feel is disguised in something else.

Most importantly, if you were a true fan of tennis not just a Federeesian, then you would be here other times too. Fed hasn't been doing so well since the start of 2008 or so I noticed.

What does my pattern suggest?  That I only post when Fed is winning?  Go back and read some of the history of the website.  Buckeye and I used to go toe to toe on numerous issues.  I was an outspoken defender of Canas when he came back from his drug suspension, scouring the web to find info and coming to the conclusion that his case was pretty controversial.  I agreed with Kittens way back when that Fed had potential issues with his mental strength.  Of course, that was long ago, but part of the reason I haven't been around much lately is precisely as I laid it out to Buckeye - wading through the crap is painful.  In my specific case, it drives me crazy when certain posters take Fed's quotes out of context and/or make quotes up and attribute them to him, then use that as a basis for attacking his character.  Happens all the time.  I'm not trying to bash Alison here, but she's done it since time immemorial.  I have to laugh at Herc saying he must "defend" himself from the Federeesians, because it's his countless and usually baseless attacks on Fed's character that start most of the stuff.  Just last week, in the act of defending himself no doubt, he made the bold claim that Fed was "running scared" because Fed said he'd rather play Verdasco in the final.  Then after a couple days of silence, he's back telling us that Fed is an "arrogant, selfish baby" for crying in the post-final awards ceremony.  Earlier last week I waded into the Rafa tribute thread because he and Shank butchered a different quote from Fed, and were claiming that Fed was already calling himself the greatest player of the open era.

Trust me, I think there are plenty of valid criticisms to be thrown at Fed.  But the twisted and made-up BS that gets posted on here, by posters claiming to be "interested only in the truth", is beyond ridiculous.  So shoot me if I can't just ignore that crap, but as I said, it drives me crazy.  It's just plain wrong to do that.  If that's my hidden agenda or whatever, then so be it.  But it does make it difficult for me to post on tennis issues, and takes up alot of time to boot. 

When I said that I wanted this place to get back to being a happy, fun place, I was serious - but I think these baseless character attacks on players has no room in such a place.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #6309 on: February 05, 2009, 01:26:43 PM »

What does my pattern suggest?  That I only post when Fed is winning?  Go back and read some of the history of the website.  Buckeye and I used to go toe to toe on numerous issues.  I was an outspoken defender of Canas when he came back from his drug suspension, scouring the web to find info and coming to the conclusion that his case was pretty controversial.  I agreed with Kittens way back when that Fed had potential issues with his mental strength.  Of course, that was long ago, but part of the reason I haven't been around much lately is precisely as I laid it out to Buckeye - wading through the crap is painful.  In my specific case, it drives me crazy when certain posters take Fed's quotes out of context and/or make quotes up and attribute them to him, then use that as a basis for attacking his character.  Happens all the time.  I'm not trying to bash Alison here, but she's done it since time immemorial.  I have to laugh at Herc saying he must "defend" himself from the Federeesians, because it's his countless and usually baseless attacks on Fed's character that start most of the stuff.  Just last week, in the act of defending himself no doubt, he made the bold claim that Fed was "running scared" because Fed said he'd rather play Verdasco in the final.  Then after a couple days of silence, he's back telling us that Fed is an "arrogant, selfish baby" for crying in the post-final awards ceremony.  Earlier last week I waded into the Rafa tribute thread because he and Shank butchered a different quote from Fed, and were claiming that Fed was already calling himself the greatest player of the open era.

Trust me, I think there are plenty of valid criticisms to be thrown at Fed.  But the twisted and made-up BS that gets posted on here, by posters claiming to be "interested only in the truth", is beyond ridiculous.  So shoot me if I can't just ignore that crap, but as I said, it drives me crazy.  It's just plain wrong to do that.  If that's my hidden agenda or whatever, then so be it.  But it does make it difficult for me to post on tennis issues, and takes up alot of time to boot. 

When I said that I wanted this place to get back to being a happy, fun place, I was serious - but I think these baseless character attacks on players has no room in such a place.

ah the truth, once again, just tearing away at the die hard Federereeeeeesian. if he says before the final that he prefers to play Verdasco because he has the "edge" against him, he is running scared. you cant spin that.

he also spelled out why he would have the "edge". he said that it would be Verdasco`s first time in a slam final.

so go ahead and spin it anyway you like. its certainly amusing anyway. i am going to remind you for the last time:

i dont lie and i dont spin. i tell is like it is and it proves to be plain hell for some. and i never say what is not being said by others--often the true tennis insiders--anyway.

so go ahead and weep and cry. once again, you attack me and put me in the position of defending myself. go dig up the original article. it said exactly what i said. i simply refuse to fabricate stuff. its just not my style.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 01:28:02 PM by hercules »

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #6310 on: February 05, 2009, 01:34:54 PM »

ah the truth, once again, just tearing away at the die hard Federereeeeeesian. if he says before the final that he prefers to play Verdasco because he has the "edge" against him, he is running scared. you cant spin that.

he also spelled out why he would have the "edge". he said that it would be Verdasco`s first time in a slam final.

so go ahead and spin it anyway you like. its certainly amusing anyway. i am going to remind you for the last time:

i dont lie and i dont spin. i tell is like it is and it proves to be plain hell for some. and i never say what is not being said by others--often the true tennis insiders--anyway.

so go ahead and weep and cry. once again, you attack me and put me in the position of defending myself. go dig up the original article. it said exactly what i said. i simply refuse to fabricate stuff. its just not my style.

Yes, not insulting.  Just adding color.  Happy, friendly discussion and all that.  Fun!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #6311 on: February 05, 2009, 01:38:34 PM »

Yes, not insulting.  Just adding color.  Happy, friendly discussion and all that.  Fun!

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #6312 on: February 05, 2009, 01:40:40 PM »

Perhaps you can then spin this, taken directly from a Rafa interview before the final:

Q. How exciting is it for you to finally play Federer in a Grand Slam on hard court?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, always is ‑ I don't know ‑ special play against Federer any match, no? You play another final of Grand Slam is more exciting, no?

Little bit unlucky. Don't know how I gonna be for the final. I gonna try my best for sure for recover my body and my physical performance. But, you know, after one match like this, the next days you feel much heavier, no?

But for sure for me is amazing play another final of Grand Slam. Here in Australia, the first one. Well, unlucky all the time is against the same: the best. For sure, I prefer another opponent. But that's makes big the sport, too, no, finals like this.
[\quote]

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #6313 on: February 05, 2009, 01:41:02 PM »

its you who attacked and insulted. i think you threw in Shanker`s name in there for good measure as well. go back and read your post again.

you attacked and insulted and lied. i am merely defending. try selling your bs to a fellow Federereeeeeesian. it doesnt fly with me.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #6314 on: February 05, 2009, 01:45:26 PM »

Perhaps you can then spin this, taken directly from a Rafa interview before the final:

Q. How exciting is it for you to finally play Federer in a Grand Slam on hard court?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, always is ‑ I don't know ‑ special play against Federer any match, no? You play another final of Grand Slam is more exciting, no?

Little bit unlucky. Don't know how I gonna be for the final. I gonna try my best for sure for recover my body and my physical performance. But, you know, after one match like this, the next days you feel much heavier, no?

But for sure for me is amazing play another final of Grand Slam. Here in Australia, the first one. Well, unlucky all the time is against the same: the best. For sure, I prefer another opponent. But that's makes big the sport, too, no, finals like this.
[\quote]

Clearly he was running scared...
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #6315 on: February 05, 2009, 01:49:50 PM »

its you who attacked and insulted. i think you threw in Shanker`s name in there for good measure as well. go back and read your post again.

you attacked and insulted and lied. i am merely defending. try selling your bs to a fellow Federereeeeeesian. it doesnt fly with me.

Prove it.  Quote it.  Should be simple.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #6316 on: February 05, 2009, 01:50:27 PM »
@hercs

let's leave it for now, bro........they won't get it........like you said, we are defending ourselves here, not attacking and i said the same thing way back in 2008 when a few posters were here only to attack me.........see, we are not even touching that interview of fed after the AO final........how much time does it take for me to slam every para of that interview which reflects his level of sportsmanship? i was attacked and ridiculed some 20 times minimum, the day rafa finished his match against verdasco, all for just criticizing our player rafa, not their player.........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #6317 on: February 05, 2009, 01:58:00 PM »
@hercs

let's leave it for now, bro........they won't get it........like you said, we are defending ourselves here, not attacking and i said the same thing way back in 2008 when a few posters were here only to attack me.........see, we are not even touching that interview of fed after the AO final........how much time does it take for me to slam every para of that interview which reflects his level of sportsmanship? i was attacked and ridiculed some 20 times minimum, the day rafa finished his match against verdasco, all for just criticizing our player rafa, not their player.........

affirmative general shankski the supreme commander of the armies to the east. its their own little playground. the cost of this brand close-mindedness is before their own eyes. no smart, objective person can take some of them seriously. and that is the true cost.

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #6318 on: February 05, 2009, 02:00:50 PM »
@hercs

Which would be just another case of you defending yourself, rather than attacking Fed's character, right?

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #6319 on: February 05, 2009, 02:02:07 PM »
Wow.. you guys are still going at it? :confused1:

All the fans on the forums should take a page out of both Roger and Rafa's book... Those 2 gentlemen get along so well together.  They respect each other and you can see the respect they both have towards each other.  It's just too bad some of othe fans of both of these players can't act the same. :(