Author Topic: Need training  (Read 958 times)

Offline WindSpeed

• Tennis Player
  • Let The Wind Blow to my Victory
Need training
« on: November 17, 2008, 03:07:04 PM »
I want to become fast and well balance so I can perfect my net and volley style but i cant find any good training method to increase my lack of stamaia and muscle

can anyone give me a training routiue to help me with these problem

thank you  Gleam

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: Need training
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 04:00:43 PM »
I want to become fast and well balance so I can perfect my net and volley style but i cant find any good training method to increase my lack of stamaia and muscle

can anyone give me a training routiue to help me with these problem

thank you  Gleam

The most basic training for tennis speed is windsprints.
A simple routine would be starting at the back fence, sprint to the net, then sidestep back to the fencel; then sprint back to the net; sidestep the other way back to the fence; sprint back to the net, and backstep to the fence. You can go back to the beginning from there, or jog back, or use the kareoke step which is a bit of a complicated kind of crossover side step in both directions.
The operative word here is varying the types and speeds of your runs. Don't just run a couple miles and be done with it. Alternate sprinting with jogging and other footwork drills to get your tennis speed and balance right.
Another drill is side stepping from sideline to sideline, and touch the line (by bending your knees) before sidestepping the other way. Or have a partner stand in front of you and direct you to sidestep randomly left and right. Our coach used to stand in front of us with a tennis ball in his outstretched hand. He would aim it left and we would all sidestep left, he would aim it right and we'd all sidestep right, he bring it back to the center and we'd sidestep back to the center. Then he would just randomly pick a direction and send us in it, changing at his whim.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 04:04:01 PM by dmastous »

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline WindSpeed

• Tennis Player
  • Let The Wind Blow to my Victory
Re: Need training
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 07:35:58 AM »
Thank you very much