Author Topic: Stringing recommendations for KProTour, RDS 003, AG300, KBlade98, MG Prestige MP  (Read 1270 times)

Offline w4tt4n4b3

• Tennis Player
I am going to try a few sticks, Wilson KProTour (16x20), Yonex RDS 003 (2008) (16x19), Wilson n6.2 (16x19) and later a KBlade98 (18x20) and a MG Prestige MP (18x20).
I already have a Dunlop AG300 (16x19).
I shrunk my options to 3 different strings, all multis, Xcel Premium, NRG2 and X-1 Biphase.
I am fairly weak in arms, no way a string breaker so I was thinking of going for 18 gauge. I was between 17 gauge and 18gauge. Do you think that any of the rackets above is not advised to go with a 18 gauge?

If I go for a 18gauge I know that stringing the crosses 2-4 lbs tighter than the mains, you decrease string movement.
But I read that others string the mains tighter than the crosses to add control or durability (I can't remember exactly).

I intend to string them a couple lbs below midtension.
I'd like to read your recommendations and thoughts.
Thanks.

Offline djinni9

• Tennis Player
I am going to try a few sticks, Wilson KProTour (16x20), Yonex RDS 003 (2008) (16x19), Wilson n6.2 (16x19) and later a KBlade98 (18x20) and a MG Prestige MP (18x20).
I already have a Dunlop AG300 (16x19).
I shrunk my options to 3 different strings, all multis, Xcel Premium, NRG2 and X-1 Biphase.
I am fairly weak in arms, no way a string breaker so I was thinking of going for 18 gauge. I was between 17 gauge and 18gauge. Do you think that any of the rackets above is not advised to go with a 18 gauge?

If I go for a 18gauge I know that stringing the crosses 2-4 lbs tighter than the mains, you decrease string movement.
But I read that others string the mains tighter than the crosses to add control or durability (I can't remember exactly).

I intend to string them a couple lbs below midtension.
I'd like to read your recommendations and thoughts.
Thanks.

it kind of depends on your style and level of play. since you don't seem to be breaking strings all 3 are great choices. i've used both nrg2 and x-one biphase. nrg2 is a terrific string overall. i've used it on three different racquets; 90-90-98. i've tried both 17 and 18. the nrg2 has very good power, wonderful control, good amount of spin. its tension retention is surprisingly good. the touch/feel is excellent. comfort is very high. i found the 17 to be better. the x-one was strung very tight on my racquet by accident. it gave me elbow problems and i never had them before. the feel and touch was not good. tension loss was much more apparent than nrg2, but still good enough. where the string really shined was unbelievable power coupled with top-notch control. if you prefer the baseline, i suggest you try the x-one; though maybe you should string a pound or two lower than normal. if you venture to the net, the nrg2 is the best option. i've never tried xcel so i can't say how it compares to these two.

Offline w4tt4n4b3

• Tennis Player
I decided to move a bit further. Instead of the multis I ordered 4 12m sets of Tonic Feel (16g). I am in waiting status...