Author Topic: OJ Simpson going to the slammer  (Read 3122 times)

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
Re: OJ Simpson going to the slammer
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 03:49:21 PM »
Like I said, I don't really like him or hate him....don't really care either way.  He should have been found guilty of murder.  In this case, he got a raw deal.  Rapists, child-molesters, drug dealers, carjackers, and armed robbers always get less than this dude if they have no prior offenses.  This is why I think he was tried relative to his old case.

This is neither here nor there. I want to hear you back up your suggestion that this is a case of double jeopardy. Like I said, it's the only angle that makes this thread interesting.

Who do you think I am, Johnny Cochrane?  That's all I have man!
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 03:50:42 PM »
Like I said, I don't really like him or hate him....don't really care either way.  He should have been found guilty of murder.  In this case, he got a raw deal.  Rapists, child-molesters, drug dealers, carjackers, and armed robbers always get less than this dude if they have no prior offenses.  This is why I think he was tried relative to his old case.

This is neither here nor there. I want to hear you back up your suggestion that this is a case of double jeopardy. Like I said, it's the only angle that makes this thread interesting.

Who do you think I am, Johnny Cochrane?  That's all I have man!

:laugh-bounce:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2008, 03:52:13 PM »
It's probably not double jeopardy anyway  :)~  Just some kind of cosmic (or other) retribution.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008, 03:55:56 PM »
It's probably not double jeopardy anyway  :)~  Just some kind of cosmic (or other) retribution.

Jesus wanted it that way.   :)
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2008, 08:38:16 PM »
After having the weekend to ponder this, here is my final conclusion:

OJ got a bad deal.  The sentence (for this crime, not anything related to his past) is too stiff.  He was just trying to get his stuff back for crying out loud.   His stuff! 

Tounge in cheek, no?

No dude, I'm totally serious.  He didn't really kidnap anyone.  He truly went there to attempt to retrieve what he believed to be rightfully his.  Sure, he used very poor judgement, but he still did not kidnap anyone.  OJ, who should have been in jail long ago, is being sent down for something that is pretty questionable.  I really don't care about OJ either way, but the case is the case.  He should just get some probation for something like this. 

I don't know the facts and don't care. There was something about a gun and something about threats and some audio/video evidence. I'm going to leave this discussion here...

One more thing. OJ doesn't have stuff. He lost it all in the civil suit. So he was trying to steal someone elses' property and it turned into armed robbery.

He had golf clubs....

But he was only using them to find the 'real' killer, who was hiding on golf courses... :innocent:

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2008, 10:44:42 PM »
After having the weekend to ponder this, here is my final conclusion:

OJ got a bad deal.  The sentence (for this crime, not anything related to his past) is too stiff.  He was just trying to get his stuff back for crying out loud.   His stuff! 

Tounge in cheek, no?

No dude, I'm totally serious.  He didn't really kidnap anyone.  He truly went there to attempt to retrieve what he believed to be rightfully his.  Sure, he used very poor judgement, but he still did not kidnap anyone.  OJ, who should have been in jail long ago, is being sent down for something that is pretty questionable.  I really don't care about OJ either way, but the case is the case.  He should just get some probation for something like this. 

I don't know the facts and don't care. There was something about a gun and something about threats and some audio/video evidence. I'm going to leave this discussion here...

One more thing. OJ doesn't have stuff. He lost it all in the civil suit. So he was trying to steal someone elses' property and it turned into armed robbery.

He had golf clubs....

But he was only using them to find the 'real' killer, who was hiding on golf courses... :innocent:
... and the golf glove didn't actually fit his hand! :whistle:
CONK da ball!!!