Author Topic: Problem with Tennis.tv rips?  (Read 386 times)

Offline Dimpelman

• New Poster
Problem with Tennis.tv rips?
« on: October 22, 2015, 01:48:51 AM »
Hello there! First of all, so happy i found this website so i can watch more matches when i am not on the tenniscourt :-) I am uploading some matches as we speak, but meanwhile i have a question about the rips from tennis.tv.

Am i the only one who has problems with the sound level of these rips? For instance:
ATP 500 - Dubai 2015 - Final - Djokovic vs Federer (545TV)
the volume goes high just before a serve and then goes low again, when the ball is hit. This goes on the entire match. Have this problem when i play with VLC media player, and also on Windows Media player. Do i miss a codec or something?

Offline diegowar

• Tennis Enthusiast
Re: Problem with Tennis.tv rips?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 03:15:31 PM »
I think you mean TennisTV.com, and not tennis.tv (the famous tennis torrenting site, t3nnis.tv), and yes I have that rip and it has this problem with the audio re-adjusting itself for no good reason. You can't fix it, so you have to bare with it or find another version of the match. RGFootball.net has other versions of the match (torrenting site, it's in Russian though, so you'll have some difficulties to sign up, but other than that, it works)

Offline Dimpelman

• New Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 08:48:33 AM »
Yes thats right tennistv.com :) my mistake! Allright, so im not gonna download those rips anymore, thnx for the answer!

Offline diegowar

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 02:43:59 AM »
Yes thats right tennistv.com :) my mistake! Allright, so im not gonna download those rips anymore, thnx for the answer!

Well, I think I had some of their rips from maybe Dubai 2014, and I don't remember audio problems there.

So maybe it was only for this match or this tournament, but I can't be sure.

Offline Dimpelman

• New Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 07:36:30 AM »
I had the same issue for at least a year with 80% of the rips from tennistv.com, also part of the reason why i am so delighted to have found this site!  ://

Offline tomcrossuk

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 10:51:45 AM »
Hello there! First of all, so happy i found this website so i can watch more matches when i am not on the tenniscourt :-) I am uploading some matches as we speak, but meanwhile i have a question about the rips from tennis.tv.

Am i the only one who has problems with the sound level of these rips? For instance:
ATP 500 - Dubai 2015 - Final - Djokovic vs Federer (545TV)
the volume goes high just before a serve and then goes low again, when the ball is hit. This goes on the entire match. Have this problem when i play with VLC media player, and also on Windows Media player. Do i miss a codec or something?

The reason is because the audio sample rate isn't the same on the left and right channels. Its 44100/22050 so you need to either extract the audio track and convert this to 44100 mp3 then remux back with the video (use mkvmerge to mux) or even easier just convert the whole video (use handbrake) and choose audio setting of 44100. This will stop the audio jumping between the channels and sounding of out balance, however converting the whole video will reduce the video quality a little.
Hope that helps :)

Offline diegowar

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 11:09:43 AM »
Handy information that, thanks, I'll remember that if I have to deal with that problem, I hadn't thought of that at all !