Many thanks for the explanation!
I just have a couple more doubts...
1. Does seeding the Torrent once you've downloaded it slow down your connection? Cause I fear that with my slow Internet connection, if the Torrent will keep on "uploading" from my computer, that I won't be able to surf the Internet because the torrent will steal much of my connection! But I may be wrong, and maybe this doesn't affect you at all...
2. Do the Torrents from the site get you many viruses?? I know that always a lot of torrents are dangerous but some sites have better reputation than others...
3. Let's say I ended up downloading more than I uploaded... will that get me banned?? Is the ban for life or only for some time?
4 and last. t3nnis.tv or tennishaven? Everyone has a different perspective on which to choose, but since I mostly like to see classic tennis matches, which site has the most "precious" old matches??
Thanks! You've helped me a lot to understand how this thing works ashwin, something no one could explain to me before!!
i am glad i could help you buddy..
here are the Answers for your other questions..:
1.Uploading will reduce ur downloading speed by not by a large margin..( really sorry i can't help more on this topic as i am not too familiar with this)
2. I have heard that viruses are transferred through torrents..BUT i can assure you that t3nnis.tv torrents do not contain viruses..there are hundreds of members who have downloaded more than 500GB worth matches, but they haven't yet complained about viruses in it..
..So, Don't worry..there are definitely no chances of viruses from t3nnis.tv..
3. If you end up downloading more than you've uploaded, there is a possibility of 2 different scenarios..
Scenario 1: Assume you've Downloaded: 40GB & you've uploaded more than 20 GB..you don't have to worry..just try to keep your ratio increasing..
Scenario 2: Assume you've Downloaded: 40GB & you've uploaded less than 20 GB( ratio is less than 0.5)..if your ratio falls to 0.5 or lower, you will receive a ratio warning. you will need to correct your ratio to at least 0.8. if it is not at 0.8 at the expiry time, you will be banned from the site.
To avoid Ban, you can continue to seed OR upload any match which isn't already uploaded on the site OR Donate to the site( gives you VIP privileges) OR use Bonus Points( When you are seeding you will also get bonus points, which can be used for purchasing/exchanging upload credits ) OR avoid downloading large torrents if you are still not so confident about your ratio..
4. Since you have specifically mentioned old matches, in my personal opinion, i would suggest t3nnis.tv
as it has loads & loads of old matches(it has more than 10000 matches
hope this helps
Let me know if you still have some doubts..