Poll

Which is your favourite Grand Slam and why?

Australian Open
8 (18.6%)
French Open
7 (16.3%)
Wimbledon
17 (39.5%)
US Open
11 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Which is your favourite Grand Slam and why?  (Read 22072 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: Which is your favourite Grand Slam and why?
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2008, 12:42:10 PM »
Isn't it interesting that Wimbledon now leads the favorite poll, and is the lowest in the least favorite poll....  :innocent:

:rofl_2: Good isn't it

Chil-lax, 3 of 7 don't count. You goofs can't be objective.

And just remind us which one the goof from Chiago picked? Surely it can't be 'your home Slam'?  :)~

RG, should have looked that one up before you asked. The ROW can be objective. Brits are still tethered to the teets of the Queen. Your fondness of pomp and pageantry serves as a symbiotic bond to Wimbledon that can never be severed.

I thought you knew me better than this? I'm anything but a typical Brit in these respects that you seem to count me and everybody else in. For instance lets get away from this Wimbledon vs everything else battle you've set up. If I was so small minded as you consider many Brits don't you think I'd have a very different opinion on a sport that is so unBritish its almost untrue? Yes American Football- the NFL. On this board I would consider myself within the top 4 people when it comes to a passion for the NFL and my particular team the Colts. If I was so as you say then I wouldn't even consider 'this American sport' Maria completely Russian, liives in America, I choose her to support when she was just 15 because I looked at her game at that time and felt she had something about her- not intesrested who I am or where I'm from and where she's from. Olympics this year Nastia up against the best British gymnast for many years in Beth Tweedle and you know how into the British team I was for those games and how I reacted when you statted calling our Becky Addlington in the Swimming. But still I sat watching the TV at work absolutely desperate for Nastia to pull through and win Gold and if it meant Beth Tweedle missing out on a Medal then so be it. Again just because of where I'm born, it doesn't matter, I'm a deeper person that that and look at the whole picture when supporting somebody or something.
So when you say we are completely unobjective I can only speak for myself and say you must not know me as well as I thought you would and that our and my fondness of pomp and pageantry is that strong we'll see nothing else. Completely wrong as any patriotic I may have doesn't come into it at all.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2008, 01:09:41 PM »
So I painted you with a broad brush  :)~
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2008, 01:12:14 PM »
Or the wrong brush  :)~
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2008, 01:30:32 PM »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2008, 03:09:27 PM »

The U.S. Open is my favorite for several reasons in no particular order:

1.  The final slam of the season.
2.  It's the one slam I may actually attend someday.
3.  Can you say 'night matches'!
4.  Excellent T.V. coverage.
5.  Did I already say 'night matches'?!!!

://  :// Occassionally the AO throws up some awesome night matches like the Hewitt/Baghdatis one last year but USO's night matches are just :worthy:

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2008, 03:52:59 PM »

://  :// Occassionally the AO throws up some awesome night matches like the Hewitt/Baghdatis one last year but USO's night matches are just :worthy:

Well, the fact thet Hewitt-Baghdatis match was followed by the equally epic Kohlschreiber-Roddick mean that to me, that was the best session of tennis I've watched, well worth skipping school for  :cool:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2008, 11:11:32 PM »

Well, the fact thet Hewitt-Baghdatis match was followed by the equally epic Kohlschreiber-Roddick mean that to me, that was the best session of tennis I've watched, well worth skipping school for  :cool:

you mean the equally epic federer vs. tipsy match. was roddick vs. kohlschrierber also the same day? cuz then that was just one epic day of tennis!!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2008, 05:10:22 AM »

you mean the equally epic federer vs. tipsy match. was roddick vs. kohlschrierber also the same day? cuz then that was just one epic day of tennis!!

Well, I woke up with Federer-Tipsy just starting their 4th set, then got Hewitt-Baggy then Roddick-Kohli.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2008, 09:58:42 AM »
In the current format...Grass tennis is irrelevant, the ATP instead of actually having a grass season........they stick to hardcourt events; can we say cheap?

one MS event or 1000 whatever you wanna call it on grass after Queens and before Wimbledon would force today's players to develop their game to accommodate to this surface...........but NOOOOOO let's not mess with the calendar; look at the clay season...is a joke, in 4 weeks they have 4 BIG tournaments......that doesn't happen on hardcourts.

Put me in charge of the ATP and ITF....I will fix this s**t with common sense!
this will be very interesting, looking forward to your atp calendar!!  :))
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2008, 01:40:18 PM »
It's a beautiful thing  :photo:

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2008, 02:34:54 PM »
The USO definitely has the prime-time thing going for it.
Be the change that you seek.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2008, 11:46:04 AM »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2008, 08:36:52 PM »

1. Wimbledon
2. US open
3. Australian Open
4. Roland Garros

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2008, 09:57:02 PM »
Honestly, I just feel like whatever slam is going on at the time is my favorite.lol
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #114 on: December 24, 2008, 12:06:28 PM »

1. Wimbledon
2. US open
3. Australian Open
4. Roland Garros

you cant be serious. how can anybody have roland garros last. clay is the ultimate battlefield.

you really have to prove yourself on clay.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #115 on: December 24, 2008, 12:41:36 PM »

1. Wimbledon
2. US open
3. Australian Open
4. Roland Garros

you cant be serious. how can anybody have roland garros last. clay is the ultimate battlefield.

Everyone thinks differently and likes different things.  I also have Roland Garros as my least favorite.   See...it can happen! :whistle:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #116 on: December 24, 2008, 01:53:56 PM »

1. Wimbledon
2. US open
3. Australian Open
4. Roland Garros

Everyone thinks differently and likes different things.  I also have Roland Garros as my least favorite.   See...it can happen! :whistle:

of course its your least favorite. tell me something i dont know.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #117 on: December 24, 2008, 03:26:04 PM »

1. Wimbledon
2. US open
3. Australian Open
4. Roland Garros

:rofl_2: And to think... when Lendl was around, this was my FAVORITE! and Wimbledon was my least liked!  So it depends on who is my 'player' at the time... :innocent:

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #118 on: December 24, 2008, 06:50:59 PM »

1. Wimbledon
2. US open
3. Australian Open
4. Roland Garros

:rofl_2: And to think... when Lendl was around, this was my FAVORITE! and Wimbledon was my least liked!  So it depends on who is my 'player' at the time... :innocent:

Do you actually like TENNIS or it just a fanatic obsession with a particular player? Kind of The Jonas Bothers Fans?  How can you go from liking RG to not liking RG aside from your player getting stump on it?

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #119 on: December 24, 2008, 09:35:37 PM »

1. Wimbledon
2. US open
3. Australian Open
4. Roland Garros

Do you actually like TENNIS or it just a fanatic obsession with a particular player? Kind of The Jonas Bothers Fans?  How can you go from liking RG to not liking RG aside from your player getting stump on it?

Uh... duh!  How can I really like a tournament that my favorite gets thumped on every year?!!!!  Yes, I like tennis, but I like my players which makes me like tennis.  I loved Roland Garros when Lendl was winning.  It was fun and I was happy when I saw him hold that trophy up.  Then when Pete became my favorite, I didn't like the French because Pete struggled so on that stuff.  Most of the time, by the 2nd week, he was out.  So I did lose a little interest because my favorite was out.  With Roger... he does ok on it until he runs into ONE player.  But because Roger does so well at Wimbledon and the US Open...then I find myself liking those better because I know he has a chance to win the tournament.  Simple! :rofl_2: