Author Topic: Babble's Governor in Big trouble!  (Read 2825 times)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: Babble's Governor in Big trouble!
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 11:04:30 PM »
Blah blah blah... Political hogwash.
If there was a doubt, or the possibility he could get off, they would be flocking to his defense. The mountain of evidence they have presented makes him radioactive. Everybody is running as fast as their little feets can carry them.

:uh:
"See chameleon lying there in the sun
All things to everyone run, runaway"

Whatever, Mr. Jaded. Don't see Rs ever running from the stink. On the contrary, they maintain they've been set up by some liberal media witch hunt and claim that their guy is innocent until proven guilty. Anyway, what IL-Dems are doing now is all anyone could hope for in the face of corruption charges: do the right thing. That said, there's no satisfying people like you.

:(

After watching the budgetary debacle that has been the last 2 months. After watching hundreds of billions of dollars, trillions of dollars, of aid go to the banks and auto companies after they screw up their companies, so they can continue to live their fat cat lives, and keep their million dollar homes, while people are getting laid off and loosing their life savings, their homes and their livelihoods, you remain steadfast in your belief that the average politician isn't on the take in one way or another. You still think there is a difference in this factor between the parties?
I say good for you. Keep that bag over your head, your going to need it while you're dumpster diving. Find some rich neighborhood, maybe you'll get some nice caviar leftovers.

What the F*** are you talking like an idiot about? I remain steadfast about just one thing: the Progressive movement in general, and the Obama adm in particular, will govern (my state and) this country better than either party has over the span of my lifetime. Just get that straight if you want to attribute your wild accusations to me.

Good luck with that.  :rofl_2:

The bar ain't that high, and we won't have trouble hurdling it. You stay where it's familiar: miserable.

Obama is a product of the same people who put us where we are. His campaign was financed by Wall Street, and big business. He voted for these bail outs (as did his counterparts in the Republican party). His appointments to his staff, are culled from the very people who created this mess. Where's the change? Hope ain't gonna pay the bills.
I'm not miserable, yet. I'm worried. I'm wondering what a cup of coffee will cost in a couple of years, or better yet a :pepsi:.
How much more can we print? Heck who needs to print it? It's just electronic zeroes and ones. Just zip it around and keep it moving so no one realizes it doesn't exist.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 11:20:19 AM »
Obama is a product of the same people who put us where we are. His campaign was financed by Wall Street, and big business. He voted for these bail outs (as did his counterparts in the Republican party). His appointments to his staff, are culled from the very people who created this mess. Where's the change? Hope ain't gonna pay the bills.
I'm not miserable, yet. I'm worried. I'm wondering what a cup of coffee will cost in a couple of years, or better yet a :pepsi:.
How much more can we print? Heck who needs to print it? It's just electronic zeroes and ones. Just zip it around and keep it moving so no one realizes it doesn't exist.

Fair enough. Very well said.

Believe me, there are a few things Barack has done already that have chaffed my ass: his support for the financial market bailout (I'd like to see him reverse his stance once in office) and keeping Lieberman in the fold come to mind. But he's done a admirable job keeping his ethical integrity in tact in the face of the Chicago political machine. Not exactly powder puff football.

Things will get worse, but he has 8 years to achieve some of his goals: (1) create jobs through investment in infrastructure, (2) obtain health insurance for the 46 million now unisured, (3) get out of the war and oil business, (4) move toward energy independence and invest in sustainable energies, and (5) invest in education. It's just a platform you won't see any Republican espouse. AND we need as many Dems in the Senate to see these through. So, yes, I'll vote for a crook like Blago for my governor over a Republican if it means we preserve a Dem seat in the US Senate.

Capisce?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 11:24:36 AM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 11:30:01 AM »

Fair enough. Very well said.

Believe me, there are a few things Barack has done already that have chaffed my ass: his support for the financial market bailout (I'd like to see him reverse his stance once in office) and keeping Lieberman in the fold come to mind. But he's done a admirable job keeping his ethical integrity in tact in the face of the Chicago political machine. Not exactly powder puff football.

Things will get worse, but he has 8 years to achieve some of his goals: (1) create jobs through investment in infrastructure, (2) obtain health insurance for the 46 million now unisured, (3) get out of the war and oil business, (4) move toward energy independence and invest in sustainable energies, and (5) invest in education. It's just a platform you won't see any Republican espouse. AND we need as many Dems in the Senate to see these through. So, yes, I'll vote for a crook like Blago for my governor over a Republican if it means we preserve a Dem seat in the US Senate.

Capisce?

Very well said!

Obama didn't grew up in a vacuum nor he is a Jesus Christ...............to be a powerful politician you have to build networks and although some of the people in his staff are indeed responsible for the mess.....what count at the end of the day is to have an INTELLEGENT president that KNOWS what's needed to be done in this Country.

If he get's the infrastructure, health care and the path towards Energy Independence on the right track.....he will be a Success; add a reformed education system......can't ask for more really!

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 12:38:04 PM »