Author Topic: Tennis Channel Hooked me up!  (Read 2185 times)

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Tennis Channel Hooked me up!
« on: December 13, 2008, 10:24:31 AM »
The Tennis Channel sent me a backpack yesterday in the mail and basically said thanks for contributing to the sport.  That was pretty sweet.  The bag itself looks like one you would take to a pro tourney as a spectator.  It is the bag below but with a TC logo as well.

This thing has pockets inside of it's pockets, there must be 30 pockets of sorts on this thing.  Pretty cool.

I wonder if they would sponsor out Pick 'Em Games.  I could throw up their add on the site and they could send something small to the winner?  It would be cool.

Thanks TC!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: Tennis Channel Hooked me up!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 10:34:09 AM »
really appreciable, by the tennis channel............so, they are keeping track of t4u.com............congrats, scott!
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 10:37:40 AM »
The Tennis Channel sent me a backpack yesterday in the mail and basically said thanks for contributing to the sport. 

MG! That's the coolest thing. I'd love to be recognized by TC or anything affiliated with tennis! You rock, bro! :winner:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 10:49:50 AM »
The Tennis Channel sent me a backpack yesterday in the mail and basically said thanks for contributing to the sport. 

MG! That's the coolest thing. I'd love to be recognized by TC or anything affiliated with tennis! You rock, bro! :winner:

actually, i pointed out yesterday itself in the 'insane tennis discussions' thread that this forum is growing fast..........astro predictors automatically see something beforehand..........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 11:57:28 AM »

I'd much rather perform the task well than receive the recognition..... ;-()  After all, it is an end in itself.

Sweet pack Scooter!  You deserve that and more for your efforts. :not worthy:
CONK da ball!!!

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 12:01:27 PM »
Just you as a friend is enough award for me.  :)~
Scott Baker

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 02:04:42 PM »
:rofl_2:
You come pretty cheap then! ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 02:14:11 PM »

I'd much rather perform the task well than receive the recognition..... ;-()  After all, it is an end in itself.

Sweet pack Scooter!  You deserve that and more for your efforts. :not worthy:

..-)  This isn't about you...again.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 03:02:27 PM »
The Tennis Channel sent me a backpack yesterday in the mail and basically said thanks for contributing to the sport.  That was pretty sweet.  The bag itself looks like one you would take to a pro tourney as a spectator.  It is the bag below but with a TC logo as well.

This thing has pockets inside of it's pockets, there must be 30 pockets of sorts on this thing.  Pretty cool.

I wonder if they would sponsor out Pick 'Em Games.  I could throw up their add on the site and they could send something small to the winner?  It would be cool.

Thanks TC!

awesome bad scotty. good work.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 03:03:42 PM »
You come pretty cheap then! ;-()

Congrats are in order to Mr. T.4. You, please take a bow Mr. You! This is definitely an achievement, did you actually ever imagine, besides in dreams, that your spare time interest and site here would be recognized by a growing number of people and even some of the established people of the sport itself??

You definitely rock, Scott!! And you deserve much more and its bound to come! (No, not more backpacks..  :)~)  

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 03:07:41 PM »

This isn't about you AGAIN.... :ZZZZZ)

You are just as easy here as you probably are on a tennis court. :rofl_2:
Are you happy I made it about you? :)~
CONK da ball!!!

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 03:12:35 PM »
I have definitely met some neat people because of it all.  Who would have thought I would have met a Wimbledon finalist, played dubs with a WTA player, and of course met all of you.  This is certainly my home away from home.
Scott Baker

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 03:14:55 PM »
I have definitely met some neat people because of it all.  Who would have thought I would have met a Wimbledon finalist, played dubs with a WTA player, and of course met all of you.  This is certainly my home away from home.

its my office away from my office.

speaking of that Wimby finalist, how do we keep losing him? cant we bribe him or something.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 03:36:38 PM by hercules »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 03:28:30 PM »

speaking that Wimby finalist, how do we keep losing him? cant we bribe him or something.
My guess would be that he has a little less 'free time' than the rest of us! :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 03:37:29 PM »

speaking that Wimby finalist, how do we keep losing him? cant we bribe him or something.
My guess would be that he has a little less 'free time' than the rest of us! :rofl_2:

i hear ya monstah man. time is something you have to create. its the information age bro.

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 05:45:38 PM »
Bribe him with what?  Maybe a hitting session with us at the next T4U get together.  Shoot, why we are at it, maybe we can get Federer and Nadal to come too! 

How mega sweet would it be (for me of course) to get to meet one of them, or better yet, hit with one of them, because of the site.  dreamy.................
Scott Baker

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 06:10:15 PM »

Thanks TC!

I think that's pretty nice, Scott  :)) . Why not follow it up along these lines? They didn't send it out of pure altruism. While I have TC's web site on my favorites list, I don't go there all that often and I'd welcome being prompted for big events.

...but, please no celebrities at T4U get togethers  :nono: . They'd spoil the casual laid back ambiance that I so enjoyed last July.

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2008, 08:34:11 PM »

This is before my time.  Who are these mystery players?

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 09:45:42 PM »
Chris Lewis & Lilia Osterloh.

They did interviews with the forum, see the link to the interviews here:  http://www.tennis4you.com/interviews/interviews.htm
Scott Baker

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2008, 09:49:57 PM »
Congratulations scott....this forum is just awesome....the gift just goes on to show how popular this forum is becoming...you deserve this and much more  :))

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason