Author Topic: Two-handed forehand  (Read 2878 times)

Offline philip

• Tennis Enthusiast
Two-handed forehand
« on: December 20, 2004, 04:14:15 PM »
What do you all think about the Two-handed forehand?

Please list advantages/disadvantages

Offline aceit

• Tennis Player
Two-handed forehand
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 06:01:55 PM »
I played a girl with a two handed forehand in my last tourney.  You have to be fast to be sucessful.  You get less reach, but it may confuse your opponent and you can do crazy things with slices and stuff if your at a very high level (Santoro is a perfect example).

You could probably get a more educated answer on this topic, but that's what I think.  Two handers can be tricky.
<3. Roddick . Safin . Fish . Hewitt . Baghdatis . <3

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Two-handed forehand
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 10:52:14 PM »
Think Monica Seles...brilliant if you know how to use the thing.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Two-handed forehand
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 07:07:37 AM »
We have already discussed this on the PM, but I think that your footwork will need to be very solid and fast.  You will lose some of your reach with the 2 hands, but that is not to say you cannot stretch with the one hander to hit it ocassionally.

I personally am not a fan of the 2 handed forehand, but if your wrist is hurting as bad as you say it is, and you have taken time off, it is worth a shot.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
Two-handed forehand
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 10:49:35 PM »
Unless strength is an issue, or you have some sort of injury, I would never recommend that somebody hit a two handed forehand.  You probably just need to keep practicing and/or have a knowledgable pro adjust your swing.  Don't resort to drastic measures just yet.

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Two-handed forehand
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 12:01:33 AM »
My best friend plays with two hands on both sides. I dunno why she ever started it in the first place but it could because she has weak wrists. I say that becuz she has trouble getting the wrist flickage on her serve. Also, I dunno if this has anything to do with it but she's a lefty (something also present in Monica's game). Perhaps the lack of strength that lefty's generally maintain affects them resorting to a two handed forehand.

But dont listen to me. I'm just rambling..