Author Topic: Novak Djokovic: menís tennis should fight for more prize money than women  (Read 945 times)

Offline TheLogo

• Tennis God
That could be a new thread. 

Total points won by Serena in a best of 5 match against Novak!

We know it would be a triple bagel.  But could she win 10 points?  Take it another step, a billionaire steps in and puts the over under (on total Serena points won) at 9.5 for the math, and guarantees out of his pocket 100 million to either Novak (the under) or to Serena (the over).

Who wins the 100 mil.

My money is on Nole!!
The Logo Knows!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
As long as I believe that both are overpaid with their job I don't have an opinion on the whole 'equal pay' thing.

I don't know much about WTA outside stuff but I respect that they asked to play best of 5 in slams.
However, I probably wouldn't agree with why they refused them to play bo5 because I don't know the reason but boy am I glad that women don't have bo5  :rofl_2:

I mean, for most of the time I can't even stand men's bo5 grindfests. Players glued 2 meters behind the baseline without any tendency to risk and shorten the point.
Now imagine if we have to sit through WTA's moonballing point after point for 12hours in bo5 lol
Plus the scorelines would be like 7-5, 0-6, 7-6(32), 0-6, 6-1  ..-)

Actually the more I think about it, I might agree with Babbs, to have bo3 slams in men's tennis.
It should improve the quality drastically by putting forth skills instead of stamina and endurance.
We would have more upsets and players wouldn't win the matches just because they put more hours in the gym.
It should bring more variety and valid tactics.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis God
Couldn't read more then a sentence of that garbage.

Ye you read it all but you can't fight my very logical points so you choose the easy way out and spam your points again and again til kingdom come without countering mine.....

That could be a new thread. 

Total points won by Serena in a best of 5 match against Novak!

We know it would be a triple bagel.  But could she win 10 points?  Take it another step, a billionaire steps in and puts the over under (on total Serena points won) at 9.5 for the math, and guarantees out of his pocket 100 million to either Novak (the under) or to Serena (the over).

Who wins the 100 mil.

My money is on Nole!!
lol now is it about women playing men?????  BTW no need to make a pointless thread about it..... you don't seem to know much about the battle of sexes in tennis lol you don't need Novak to beat Serena

"Karsten Braasch (born 14 July 1967) is a German former professional tennis player. His highest ATP singles ranking was World No. 38, which he reached in June 1994. His career-high in doubles was World No. 36, achieved in November 1997.[1] He was well-noted for his service motion and his habit of smoking during changeovers.

Braasch competed in a "Battle of the Sexes" contest against the Williams sisters (Venus and Serena) at the 1998 Australian Open when he was ranked 203. A decade and a half older than the sisters, Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centred around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple bottles of ice cold lager."[2] He nonetheless defeated both sisters, playing a single set against each, beating Serena 6Ė1 and Venus 6Ė2.[3]"

I probably wouldn't agree with why they refused them to play bo5 because I don't know the reason

The ITF's Grand Slam Committee is often very concerned about scheduling around rainouts and TV coverage, and this is the typical excuse given for why the ITF won't let women play best-of-5."

That's one of the excuses but maybe read what i wrote before....

BTW i find this new form of debating funny, people claiming not to read others's points, people not knowing tennis history, people planning to make pointless and ridiculous threads like Serena vs Novak but then claiming "they know" well, unfunny trolling.......  :ZZZZZ)

Anyway, i wanted to hear why the successful entrepreneur
Raising 2 beautiful daughters as full of self-determination as their parents.
is hating on the WTA,  :whistle: maybe one day we'll get an answer  :tounge-smile:

The Greatest Warrior Girls Ever

Valeria from Conan                 Exotic Girl from t4u       Viola from Suburra

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis God
lol!!! as an afterthought, knowing Serena's game, those who think Serena wouldn't win 10 points against Novak in a best of 5 are really Dodos   :rofl_2:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/tennis/australian-open-2016-serena-williams-power-serve-unreadable/news-story/576755d440e5d1f10f6130f0e0697918

Valeria from Conan                 Exotic Girl from t4u       Viola from Suburra

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Anyone who believes in equal pay for equal work would support one tour.
Discrimination based on sex is for bigots.
Then the joke known as the WTA would be exposed for what it is.
Dumbed down tennis for weaklings.
An inferior product for inferior people.
:confused1:

How is the WTA a joke?????? they wanted the best of 5, it's the ITF and the tournament bosses who don't want it....

or you mean the tennis played by women?????? lol how is it dumbed down??? ofc women have less muscle mass but they do what they can..... some of them even have cool technique like Henin...., Mauresmo... and even though i'm biased against Steffi for personal reasons, her technique is cool too.... and there are many others who are great to watch...

By "inferior people" you mean the players or the people who watch the WTA?????  I think you said you watched some Serena match not long ago? and you like Ivanovic, i suppose you watched her too no????? are they inferior or are you inferior for watching them?????

Also, you said you teach tennis to people, it doesn't matter to me hacker or hotshot level but you teach.... also that you have daughters...... So i guess you hit with your daughters from time to time.... or maybe you don't teach them for whatever reason but let's say one day one of your daughters picks up the racket and gets serious about it, what will you say to her??? "Sweetie put down that racket 'cause you're inferior", or, "the best you can become is someone inferior to the ATP players?"  :rofl_2: Or, "do it sweetie but even if you manage to get big and compete on the WTA i won't watch you cause it's for inferior people????"  ..-)
That is not 'equal work', is it? ;-()
The correct response is 'don't expect to get paid the same if you can't do the same job'.
Next, you'll be spouting off about how since both Yugos and Jags are cars, people should pay the same for either.....
Keep tryin' Kid. :lmao:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 05:21:24 PM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis God
Anyone who believes in equal pay for equal work would support one tour.
Discrimination based on sex is for bigots.
Then the joke known as the WTA would be exposed for what it is.
:confused1:

How is the WTA a joke?????? they wanted the best of 5, it's the ITF and the tournament bosses who don't want it....

or you mean the tennis played by women?????? lol how is it dumbed down??? ofc women have less muscle mass but they do what they can..... some of them even have cool technique like Henin...., Mauresmo... and even though i'm biased against Steffi for personal reasons, her technique is cool too.... and there are many others who are great to watch...

By "inferior people" you mean the players or the people who watch the WTA?????  I think you said you watched some Serena match not long ago? and you like Ivanovic, i suppose you watched her too no????? are they inferior or are you inferior for watching them?????

Also, you said you teach tennis to people, it doesn't matter to me hacker or hotshot level but you teach.... also that you have daughters...... So i guess you hit with your daughters from time to time.... or maybe you don't teach them for whatever reason but let's say one day one of your daughters picks up the racket and gets serious about it, what will you say to her??? "Sweetie put down that racket 'cause you're inferior", or, "the best you can become is someone inferior to the ATP players?"  :rofl_2: Or, "do it sweetie but even if you manage to get big and compete on the WTA i won't watch you cause it's for inferior people????"  ..-)
That is not 'equal work', is it? ;-()
The correct response is 'don't expect to get paid the same if you can't do the same job'.
Next, you'll be spouting off about how since both Yugos and Jags are cars, people should pay the same for either.....
Keep tryin' Kid. :lmao:
1. That means they can't hit as hard as men for example for obvious reasons but at the female level they work as hard as they can..... They're still not playing men i remind you although you and TheDodo seem to think they should....  However, every sane person agrees they shouldn't......

2. some people talk about 2 women playing as some kind of "product"  :rofl_2: That's kinda funny cause these women compete at this sport primarily for other reasons but hey, you can even look at it as some kind of product cause the media are milking it even though the players' motivation is not to sell their game as a product, well, if you look at it as a product then it must be a hellofa great product if they pocket those sums for just best of 3 no?  :))  :whistle: and there are tons of tennis fans who are buying it and paying for it, you and TheDodo are not forced to pay for it there are tons of people who will, try to convert them to ignorant and foolish sexism lol  :rofl_2: In this modern world that's kindofa hard job though  :)~

3. Ofc you didn't answer the questions about your daughters and tennis, ofc you don't have to, it's kinda personal but it's a small board and stuff so i put them out there, protecting your image as a tennis coach with 2 daughters at this point is kinda pointless when it comes to oldschool readers and i don't think many care about it to begin with but maybe some people are putting puzzles together and stuff and maybe at some point they'll say "hey WTF, i come to read this board twice a year but this guy is bsing ard hard, who is he trying to fool lol" However, your standards are much more modest than Emma's ones when it comes to bs so from most users here you're safe for sure cause they don't even read others' posts  :rofl_2: The readers though  :whistle: There are some smart ones out there you know, but hey, give them something to chuckle about lol   :rofl_2:

(long story short
the joke known as the WTA would be exposed for what it is.
is something that a sexually repressed basement dweller who's full of blind hate would say, not a tennis coach with 2 daughters  :rofl_2:  TheDodo's scenario with the Novak-Serena match and oooh a billionaire coming in to shake things up is equally childish, oh and the way you call people kids after saying absurd and childish things is incredibly awkward)

Where's Emma btw???? Her plan was that she and you were gonna run the threads, Alex and me were gonna try to derail them and she was gonna poop all over us in the process...... Her plan was derailed too or what?  :tounge-smile: So much derailment going on lol  :whistle:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 01:32:05 AM by Nekro t4u »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
By your 'ill' logic mixed dubs, women's dubs, and men's dubs deserve the same paycheck as men's singles.
The more you talk, the crazier you sound. :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis God
By your 'ill' logic mixed dubs, women's dubs, and men's dubs deserve the same paycheck as men's singles.
:confused1: How do you bring dubs into this lol! dubs is something completely different, from the physical work involved to the responsibility of decision making , lots of different things..... don't try to put your own "crazy" ideas in my mouth or head lol.....

Anyway, the mug who said those things got raped and he resigned, good riddance to redneck rubbish lol http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/mar/22/indian-wells-ceo-raymond-moore-steps-down-amid-outrage-over-tennis-sexism-row

Haha gotta love some of the comments  :rofl_2:

"two days after a great women's final followed by an execrable, one-sided, uncompetitive, barely professional men's final
ticket-holders for the men's final (62 60) were virtually conned out of their $100"

"And the US Open finals involving the William's sisters have had higher viewers than the men's each and every year.

You must also be made to ignore players like Vika Azarenka, Simona Halep, Belinda Bencic, Kvitova, Kerber, Suarez Navarro, Kuznetsova form the top 10 to see most of the girls work with finesse and mixing up play. On the other hand the top 20 of men can be mostly all reduced to Federer and a bunch of grinders and serve-bots.

Let us also not use viewing figures of one country as an indicator of interest, it is as much an indicator of hype, of which the men get considerably more as most of the high level editors on sports media are old men. But can you honestly say the public are interested in Milos Raonic winning anything?"

"utter, utter ignorance

wouldn't the world be a poorer place if half the world's population couldn't earn a living playing professional sport ?

Usain Bolt and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce both receive the same prize money and medals for winning IAAF championship 100m races - and thank the lord BOTH are able to.

Sport isn't just about the 'best...in the world'

otherwise who would be remotely interested in Sunderland v Newcastle Utd ?"

Offline TheLogo

• Tennis God

Everyone who steps on a court should be paid the same... HELL, why get paid more for winning then losing.  It is all about fairness and equality ;)
The Logo Knows!!!

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis God

Everyone who steps on a court should be paid the same... HELL, why get paid more for winning then losing.  It is all about fairness and equality ;)
Now you see this is why every time you opened your mouth on tennis.com people facepalmed and said "TheDodo is at it again". Bringing in dubs and equal money for losers is just unfunny trolling....   

You both failed to address the real issues here but nevermind.... The old sexist redneck was taken care of and he'll make trouble no more....

BTW those comments were great..... When more people view the females' final like those Williams sisters matches women should be paid more right????? more people want their product no? Best of 3 or no.... lol rednecks would go nuts..... more money for less sets  :rofl_2:

Anyway i'm happy with the way things are going and that the chicks pocket the big money too  :)) and that people like Raymond Moore are taken out :dance 2:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
:confused1: How do you bring dubs into this lol! dubs is something completely different, from the physical work involved to the responsibility of decision making , lots of different things..... don't try to put your own "crazy" ideas in my mouth or head lol.....

Anyway, the mug who said those things got raped and he resigned, good riddance to redneck rubbish lol http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/mar/22/indian-wells-ceo-raymond-moore-steps-down-amid-outrage-over-tennis-sexism-row

Haha gotta love some of the comments  :rofl_2:

"two days after a great women's final followed by an execrable, one-sided, uncompetitive, barely professional men's final
ticket-holders for the men's final (62 60) were virtually conned out of their $100"

"And the US Open finals involving the William's sisters have had higher viewers than the men's each and every year.

You must also be made to ignore players like Vika Azarenka, Simona Halep, Belinda Bencic, Kvitova, Kerber, Suarez Navarro, Kuznetsova form the top 10 to see most of the girls work with finesse and mixing up play. On the other hand the top 20 of men can be mostly all reduced to Federer and a bunch of grinders and serve-bots.

Let us also not use viewing figures of one country as an indicator of interest, it is as much an indicator of hype, of which the men get considerably more as most of the high level editors on sports media are old men. But can you honestly say the public are interested in Milos Raonic winning anything?"

"utter, utter ignorance

wouldn't the world be a poorer place if half the world's population couldn't earn a living playing professional sport ?

Usain Bolt and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce both receive the same prize money and medals for winning IAAF championship 100m races - and thank the lord BOTH are able to.

Sport isn't just about the 'best...in the world'

otherwise who would be remotely interested in Sunderland v Newcastle Utd ?"
So men's and women's tennis is the same but dubs is some other sport?
Paaaaahleeeezzz.
You've already admitted men's & women's tennis are different.
That's the end of the discussion. :king:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis God
So men's and women's tennis is the same but dubs is some other sport?
Paaaaahleeeezzz.
You've already admitted men's & women's tennis are different.
That's the end of the discussion. :king:
The only differences come from the differences between men's and women's body, that doesn't mean men should get more money..... Does it matter at all men can hit harder????? you 2 said it's a product and the viewers count no?  you didn't say anything about the women's matches which have more viewers....

Dubs is not another sport but it's a different version from singles.....  As i said it takes less physical work, the thinking and responsibilities differ from singles too, and since you consider viewers so important it's not too easy on the eyes either.... also, fans can identify with a single person more than with a team of 2....

men's tennis has totally bad quality matches and players too..... should they get more more money just because they are men? lol.....   

Anyway, like it or not,  normal people (and they're the majority) think women should get the same, and not only in tennis.....   If you don't like it, use your resources, influence and change it..... good luck to you and The Logo lol....

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
I've never been a big fan of mob/majority rule and you're the perfect example as to why.
CONK da ball!!!