Author Topic: Tactical Maneuver by Nadal?  (Read 149 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Tactical Maneuver by Nadal?
« on: April 30, 2016, 06:06:54 PM »
I have been seeing Nadal play some matches lately on TC.  I noticed something that I wonder if he does on purpose to better suit his game.

He steps up to serve the ball.  He starts bouncing the ball with his racquet in his left hand.  With his right hand he pulls the shorts out of his butt, and then tugs on his shirt, then wipes the sweat off of one side of his face, then nose and then other side of his face.  He does not wipe the sweat off of his hand, which has to be pretty sweat soaked at this point (it would be if I did that routine) and then immediately holds the ball in his hand that he just wiped all the sweat onto.

Is he doing that on purpose to wet down the ball and slow it down over the course of the life of that ball?  Yeah I know they only use the same balls for 6 games, but dude is wiping sweat all over those balls.  At that level of tennis it makes you wonder if that could actually help Nadal.  If Nadal liked quick pace I would say he is not doing it on purpose.  But Nadal loves slower pace balls.  He likes time to run them down as well as does not like to play people who can hit super hard. 

Interesting food for thought.   
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Tactical Maneuver by Nadal?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 08:36:04 AM »
I have been seeing Nadal play some matches lately on TC.  I noticed something that I wonder if he does on purpose to better suit his game.

He steps up to serve the ball.  He starts bouncing the ball with his racquet in his left hand.  With his right hand he pulls the shorts out of his butt, and then tugs on his shirt, then wipes the sweat off of one side of his face, then nose and then other side of his face.  He does not wipe the sweat off of his hand, which has to be pretty sweat soaked at this point (it would be if I did that routine) and then immediately holds the ball in his hand that he just wiped all the sweat onto.

Is he doing that on purpose to wet down the ball and slow it down over the course of the life of that ball?  Yeah I know they only use the same balls for 6 games, but dude is wiping sweat all over those balls.  At that level of tennis it makes you wonder if that could actually help Nadal.  If Nadal liked quick pace I would say he is not doing it on purpose.  But Nadal loves slower pace balls.  He likes time to run them down as well as does not like to play people who can hit super hard. 

The more I think about it, the less I like thinking about it. :mad1:
First the intentional stalling (which now seems to miraculously be under control) and now this.
I'm gonna have to give him a bye on this one.  I seriously don't want to think about it.
It would just be another severe taint staining his record if it were true. :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 08:37:01 AM »
Clever you, calling it a 'tactical maneuver'. :)~
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 08:42:03 AM »
It makes you wonder if it is something he does on purpose and for a reason.  I figured I would get some back lash for bringing it up, but it is interesting to me to see him doing it.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 09:48:10 AM »
It makes you wonder if it is something he does on purpose and for a reason.  I figured I would get some back lash for bringing it up, but it is interesting to me to see him doing it.
Previous claims were about OCD.
I shudder to think if it's intentional. :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 01:34:58 PM »

HAhaha  :hysterical: he probably does the butt pulling and shirt tugging first to make peeps think he does it for comfort and then comes the dirty trick  :thumbs-up: tactical maneuver that looks like an ocd ritual  :tounge-smile:

:rofl_2: imo Nadal is a bit too simple to come up with something like this but if he does it on purpose he's a master troll  :not worthy: or maybe Uncle Toni's hands are in this  :scared:

The Greatest Warrior Girls Ever

Valeria from Conan                 Exotic Girl from t4u       Viola from Suburra

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 02:09:23 PM »
Well, seriously, it's like a Kata in Karate, it looks weird and funky but every move has practical purpose..... the butt pulling comes from the times he used to wear the fisherman's pants ofc he had to make himself comfy before serving.... and he used to have very long hair, ofc he had to fix that too.... ofc with his new outfit and hairdo it looks weirder than in the old days.... but it's hard to get rid of habits like those..... the thing with the bottles is more OCD than the serve ritual.....

Or Maybe he secretly participated in the training program of the Military Police  :lust: of the USA Army  :first-place:

Valeria from Conan                 Exotic Girl from t4u       Viola from Suburra

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: Today at 06:01:20 AM »
Odd for a fellow so intent and deliberate in every action....
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: Today at 12:35:02 PM »
In dry conditions the balls jump higher and that's what Nadal prefers.....  in that long RG match with the rain breaks against Nole he actually started to suck hard when the balls and especially the court got wet so it's a good joke but nothing more, also making the balls wet wouldn't make the surface wet too so the "advantage" would be minimal :tounge-smile: but again, in reality it would be a disadvantage...