Author Topic: Masha Ban  (Read 167 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Masha Ban
« on: June 11, 2016, 04:13:16 AM »
A sad day indeed when one of the sport's darlings is hit with a 2 year ban for doping.
Despite my dislike of her shrieking on court, I always admired her pluck and class.
I guess I misjudged another one...... :(
Will this be the end for Maria?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
Re: Masha Ban
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 09:21:43 PM »
yes, this is the end of Maria, the great lier, the one who clearly did not have heart and diabete diseases but used this as an excuse why she took Meldonium  :)~
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:22:38 PM by mimi »

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 05:37:22 AM »
Rats, I'd always admired her. :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 05:57:15 AM »
I was never a huge fan, but I did not dislike her.  Crazy to see a huge name get the hammer though, we don't usually see that.  Either everyone else covers it up better, or does not do it.  Let's hope they don't do it.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 09:38:55 AM »
Definitely didn't seem like she needed it and was very questionable. I can only say she deserves some kind of ban/punishment, but 2 years is a career ender at this point. Not going to miss her shrieks but she was a fighter and it was great to see how she's hung around the top even after all her shoulder struggles couple years ago.

I don't think the game will necessarily run away from her in the next 18 months but people will most certainly have moved on and it might be tough to re-capture the media darling crown. That's assuming someone else can do what she did - hang in the top and be a consistent top performer (and being white/blonde/skinny/tall might not hurt either). Seems to be a tall ask at this point.