Author Topic: The "Don't Discuss Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Murray in here" thread  (Read 23419 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: The "Don't Mention Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Murray in here" thread
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2008, 11:42:07 AM »
I'm just hoping I wasn't responsible for this thread  :rofl_2:

Well, I think it's a good thread.  There are other players that people may want to talk about.  So here's their chance. :))

Exactly what I have said !  :)) So BGT deserves a lot of credits from me doing this thread,and Dallas I'll help keeping this thread on top(bump)  :))

BG deserves big props  :thumbs-up:

Babblelot on Safin:

I think everyone in the world but me has the whole Safin saga all wrong. Marat reached 4 slam finals and finished 2-2. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. So what that he's not Sampras or Federer or Borg.

Did he underachieve or did he overachieve? The correct answer is unequivocal: neither. If Marat wasn't the way he is, he could easily have burned out too early much like Borg or Henin. Why didn't Borg continue playing? A: Because in addition to supreme talent, his mind is the way it is. But despite being a top shelf head case, that Safin's critics don't recognize Marat will be playing--and remains dangerous--beyond his 29th birthday is beyond me (I hear you cynics now, and I know who you are--"he just cares about the money; if it weren't for the $$$$ he'd have no interest in playing"). Here's the truth: he cares. He cares a lot. You guys look at a line score and  ..-)  But if you watch the guy, you'll appreciate the fact that he is a perfectionist who is his own ultimate and harsh critic. It's very likely that if Marat didn't have stuff going on outside the tennis world--like Borg didn't--he'd, too, have burned out early, just like Borg did.

Wish as you may that he was more like Nadal mentally and in temperment, but all things considered, Safin's career turned out to be exactly as it should be; he's neither an underachiever or an overachiever. I know you people like to parrot things that others have said because you've proven time and again that you're incapable of thinking for yourselves, so you have only yourselves to blame for being disappointed.

Did I convince anyone? No...

To herc: Safin's first serve is lethal but that second serve is now something of a liability. That is something I wish he would have developed much the way I wish Roddick would have developed his BH.

Good observation Babble  ;-() I am glad that you haven't gave up from your guy yet..Everything is perfectly said here..
And of course that someone will regard him --''Did he underachieve or did he overachieve?'' because they like to compare Marat or who else to the top guns...I would disagree to that,as I already said it isn't everything about them,there are ''the others'' who still has perfection in their game,and are neutral about $$$$ All the best for them !

In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2008, 12:24:25 PM »
No, I do believe Safin is what he is. You can't change a person unless he changes himself. Given my own type I can't complain.
You are everything I am not.

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2008, 12:41:00 PM »
No, I do believe Safin is what he is. You can't change a person unless he changes himself. Given my own type I can't complain.

Which makes Safina's 2008 impressive.  She definitely changed herself. 

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2008, 01:22:03 PM »
Djokovic and Murray  :rofl_2:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2008, 02:20:01 PM »
I'm just hoping I wasn't responsible for this thread  :rofl_2:

YOU definitely were not responsible. ;-()

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2008, 02:38:31 PM »
I know why BGT made this thread,none of her players are doing as good :rofl_2:

In the Favorite Players of 2008 competition on MTF (as of now), Murray is #14 and Gasquet is #5. Pretty amazing considering the stellar and less than stellar results the two have had, don't ya think? ;-()

This thread is still loopy.  :)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2008, 02:39:38 PM »

In the Favorite Players of 2008 competition on MTF (as of now), Murray is #14 and Gasquet is #5. Pretty amazing considering the stellar and less than stellar results the two have had, don't ya think? ;-()

What's Up Euroka!  Keeping warm up there - I hope? :))

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2008, 02:43:41 PM »

Frozen off the court, Dallas, but staying warm inside. Don't come to Washington again until the spring!
I'd rather be in Australia now to see "all those people I'm not allowed to mention"  :zipped: playing tennis.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 02:44:22 PM by euroka1 »

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2008, 02:53:41 PM »

Frozen off the court, Dallas, but staying warm inside. Don't come to Washington again until the spring!
I'd rather be in Australia now to see "all those people I'm not allowed to mention"  :zipped: playing tennis.

Don't worry.  I saw all the stuff in D.C. but it's cold here in Dallas too.  P.S.  I'd rather be in Australia to see all those 'other folks' too! :rofl_2:  Well...stay warm inside!  I know you're missing not being able to play tennis...but hopefully it'll warm up soon!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2008, 08:41:31 PM »

Loopy????  :\ :( :mad1:  How so? This thread is the only thread worthy of being on page 1 (period)  Now... what was that you were saying??
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 08:42:25 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2008, 09:13:11 PM »

Loopy????  :\ :( :mad1:  How so? This thread is the only thread worthy of being on page 1 (period)  Now... what was that you were saying??
In the sense that BGT breaks her own rule by invoking one of the forbidden names.   Sid has zeroed in on the motivation, me thinks.
But, no worries, Babble, it's still on page 1, and you can talk about old, unreliable Safin.  :lol-cry:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2008, 09:22:27 PM »

In the sense that BGT breaks her own rule by invoking one of the forbidden names.   Sid has zeroed in on the motivation, me thinks.
But, no worries, Babble, it's still on page 1, and you can talk about old, unreliable Safin.  :lol-cry:

Yo! I've thrown your boy Ferrer to the wolves. Hows about you come to his defense...hmmm... ;-()
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline sid

• Tennis God
Re: The "Don't Discuss Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Murray in here" thread
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2008, 09:27:52 PM »
Djokovic and Murray

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2008, 09:40:40 PM »
Djokovic and Murray

La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la

:walk-man:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2008, 09:42:37 PM »
Djokovic and Murray

Sweet, I do not recall seeing that smiley!!!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2008, 09:50:34 PM »

I changed the title. You may mention the Fab 4 but not discuss. ;-() It's pretty much impossible to have any sort of tennis discussion without mentioning them. ..-)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2008, 09:57:23 PM »

I changed the title. You may mention the Fab 4 but not discuss. ;-() It's pretty much impossible to have any sort of tennis discussion without mentioning them. ..-)

Yup  ;-() Djokovic and Murray

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2008, 10:18:36 PM »

Yup  ;-() Djokovic and Murray

An ambition fulfilled

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2008, 10:29:35 PM »
Djokovic and Murray  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2008, 10:31:33 PM »
Djokovic and Murray  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

An ambition fulfilled