Author Topic: The "Don't Discuss Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Murray in here" thread  (Read 24601 times)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
Re: The "Don't Discuss Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Murray in here" thread
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2008, 06:55:05 PM »
Djokovic and Murray

You're very easily entertained, aren't you?

Sampras would not have a prayer against the clay monster on any surface. what the hell is he smoking anyway?

he was done a long ago.

You know Sampras' backhand would clearly out power the clay monster!

come off it scotty. clay monster even laughs at the Fed backhand with all its fury and with all of its variety.

i am afraid Sampras is useless in the modern game.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2008, 08:18:57 PM »
Djokovic and Murray

Sampras would not have a prayer against the clay monster on any surface. what the hell is he smoking anyway?

he was done a long ago.

Well, you know that herc doesn't consider anyone great if they are not good enough on clay as even God knows it's the ultimate battlefield for all tennis players, which also goes to show how ignorant he is when he makes blanket statements like the above. So let's dismiss him on that very ground. Case closed.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2008, 08:29:11 PM »
Djokovic and Murray

he was done a long ago.

come off it scotty. clay monster even laughs at the Fed backhand with all its fury and with all of its variety.

i am afraid Sampras is useless in the modern game.

Yea, he was born in the 30s, played in the late 40s and then retired in the mid 50s. What does he know. Pffft...

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2008, 08:34:22 PM »
When "what's his name" played Sampras in those exhos last year, both he and Pete said they made the surface super super fast to help Pete out.  If Pete played on that type of surface against Nadal, it would be pretty interesting!

Offline missbungle

• Tennis Player
  • 2009 - Year of the Joker
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2008, 11:08:37 PM »
When "what's his name" played Sampras in those exhos last year, both he and Pete said they made the surface super super fast to help Pete out.  If Pete played on that type of surface against Nadal, it would be pretty interesting!

Nadal would be praying for death  :rofl_2:
Favourite players: Djokovic, Hewitt, Simon, Melzer, Tipsarevic, Canas, Haas, Baghdatis, Kafelnikov, Edberg, Rafter, Cash, Laver, Rosewall, Connors.

My deviantART page

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2008, 01:14:33 AM »
Did anyone else think Pete had a funny looking game?  I'm not saying it wasn't effective, but it just didn't look smooth.  The reverse ending on the forehand made the shot look awkward, the trajectory of the racket on the backhand made it look like a push, and the height in which his racket arm started at the beginning of the service motion was oddly low. 

Keep in mind, I'm not saying they were bad shots (14 slams and all), or that he wasn't fun to watch, but every time I watch highlights of him, I think his style seems pretty idiosyncratic. 

While we're sort of on the topic of style, what's up with Johnny McEnroe's low follow through on the forehand and backhand.  Now THOSE were two awkward looking shots. 

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2008, 02:44:24 AM »
I thought this was the NON FAB 4 thread... yet you ended up discussing whether or not Sampras said something on "you know who's" game, and then it became once again in a thread discussing one or 2 of the FAB 4.. go somewhere else to discuss these things!!!  :// :// :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2008, 03:18:49 AM »
Djokovic and Murray

It's not all his fault, he's got so used to watching Chelsea over the years  :innocent:  :rofl_2:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2008, 03:23:49 AM »
Djokovic and Murray

It's not all his fault, he's got so used to watching Chelsea over the years  :innocent:  :rofl_2:

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: Whereas you are a Mancherster fan... Liverpool and Liverpool's #9 is the real deal... GO TORREs!!!! :winner: :winner:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2008, 03:45:12 AM »
Djokovic and Murray

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: Whereas you are a Mancherster fan... Liverpool and Liverpool's #9 is the real deal... GO TORREs!!!! :winner: :winner:

Nah Liverpool fit nicely into the same catagory as Chelsea for me  :rofl_2: United all the way forever, and now we've conquered all before us everybody knows that :yahoo: :winner: :cloud 9: I do admit though Torres is a class player, and along with Gerrard the 2 world class Liverpool players.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2008, 03:54:32 AM »
Manchester Utd don't entertain thats why i watch Chelsea ;-()

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2008, 04:16:08 AM »
Manchester Utd don't entertain thats why i watch Chelsea ;-()

:rofl_2:  :rofl_2: Not even the most avid Chelsea fan like yourself could say something like that Sid and actually believe it  :rofl_2:

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2008, 08:22:31 AM »

Nadal would be praying for death  :rofl_2:

Of course. And the sooner it happens the better.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2008, 08:24:51 AM »
Did anyone else think Pete had a funny looking game?  I'm not saying it wasn't effective, but it just didn't look smooth.  The reverse ending on the forehand made the shot look awkward, the trajectory of the racket on the backhand made it look like a push, and the height in which his racket arm started at the beginning of the service motion was oddly low. 

Keep in mind, I'm not saying they were bad shots (14 slams and all), or that he wasn't fun to watch, but every time I watch highlights of him, I think his style seems pretty idiosyncratic. 

While we're sort of on the topic of style, what's up with Johnny McEnroe's low follow through on the forehand and backhand.  Now THOSE were two awkward looking shots. 

No. I am fairly sure you are the only one. If there was anything funny about his game I would have noticed it and I bet my life on it.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2008, 12:10:45 PM »
Geez, I'm gone for 2 days and you people lose your minds...  ..-)

Gulbis--Hmm... I don't know that he has the want in him, but a ton of talent. He'll be better than Berdych, but I'm not going all-in on the guy like some of yous. Also agree with hunting: I took pictures of that FH and found it to be one of the ugliest shots on tour--reminds me a lot of Querrey's. Big, effective, but really ugly.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2008, 12:17:53 PM »
Surprised that Monfils never gets noticed here. Guy has a career year, catapults into the top 15, and no one says diddley-poo. He's just such an oddity, I don't know what to expect from the guy. But I'd like to hear what other folks think of him.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2008, 12:21:19 PM »
Surprised that Monfils never gets noticed here. Guy has a career year, catapults into the top 15, and no one says diddley-poo. He's just such an oddity, I don't know what to expect from the guy. But I'd like to hear what other folks think of him.

For sure has a bright future although I am not kinda into that type of player...A lot was expected from him but we'll see....
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2008, 12:34:03 PM »

I like him...but I'd never really 'back' him because he's so unpredictable! 

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2008, 12:45:11 PM »

I like him...but I'd never really 'back' him because he's so unpredictable! 

Sums up my feelings about Safin, too, which will upset Babblelot.
I've seen both play multiple times and find it frustrating to observe brilliance fluctuating with incompetence within a single match.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2008, 01:05:10 PM »
Monfils doesn't have as much potential as much as the French like to highlight so.