Author Topic: The "Don't Discuss Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Murray in here" thread  (Read 26129 times)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
Re: The "Don't Discuss Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Murray in here" thread
« Reply #160 on: December 31, 2008, 08:50:50 PM »
Zhenya will have to try to qualify for AO. He hasn't done that since he got in as a LL in RG.

Well, I guess you have to start somewhere!  Who knows... he may go all the way through....the qualifying rounds...and then he'll be with the big boys which will be a late Christmas present for you! :))

That would be :cloud 9:

And you'll be happy to know that Federer won the Top 10 Favorite Players competition for the 4th year in a row on MTF. :)) Richard finished 5th.

Well, he's a likeable fellow! (plus, having over 205,000 members on rf.com doesn't hurt either :rofl_2:) I mean, the website really get the word out about voting for Roger in polls and everything. :))

:coffee:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #161 on: December 31, 2008, 08:56:48 PM »
Zhenya will have to try to qualify for AO. He hasn't done that since he got in as a LL in RG.

Well, I guess you have to start somewhere!  Who knows... he may go all the way through....the qualifying rounds...and then he'll be with the big boys which will be a late Christmas present for you! :))

And you'll be happy to know that Federer won the Top 10 Favorite Players competition for the 4th year in a row on MTF. :)) Richard finished 5th.

Well, he's a likeable fellow! (plus, having over 205,000 members on rf.com doesn't hurt either :rofl_2:) I mean, the website really get the word out about voting for Roger in polls and everything. :))

It's the Favorite Player of the Year Contest you've got to worry about. Safin is in a slight over Federer but he has won this contest every year since 2005. Federer, Safin, Nalbandian, and Richard are the only ones to finish in the top 5 for all 4 years of the contest! :))

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #162 on: December 31, 2008, 08:59:19 PM »

It's the Favorite Player of the Year Contest you've got to worry about. Safin is in a slight over Federer but he has won this contest every year since 2005. Federer, Safin, Nalbandian, and Richard are the only ones to finish in the top 5 for all 4 years of the contest! :))

Where is Nadal? :confused1:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #163 on: December 31, 2008, 09:18:09 PM »

Where is Nadal? :confused1:

He was there for 2006-2008, not 2005.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 09:19:56 PM by BGT »

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #164 on: January 01, 2009, 11:41:50 AM »

Does anyone know what she's talking about???   :;:-|
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #165 on: January 01, 2009, 11:49:40 AM »

Does anyone know what she's talking about???   :;:-|

Evgeny Korolev, nicknamed Zhenya. My 1988'r. :)

http://www.atpworldtour.com/3/en/players/playerprofiles/default.asp?playersearch=korolev

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2009, 09:27:49 AM »
I guess this a right time to speak about the other players doing well in Melbourne....My look on those:

--Stanislas Wawrinka:finally found his game,currently scheduled for the 3rd Round clash vs Berdych..
--Tommy Robredo:against all odds he managed to roll into 3rd with ease
--Gilles Muller:had a very tough 1st Round match and now big test vs DelP
--Marin Cilic:although he was fave vs Tipsy match that was big win for him,Tipsy is tricky for almost everyone
--Tommy Haas:why not,after big pause between matches,didn't played since USO,he achieved prime goal-super ease and now-Nadal !
--Marat Safin:very easily got himself to the inevitable clash with Fed..maybe a story to tell afterwards ....
--Marcos Baghdatis:another player who's doing just fine after it was questionable,definitely a player to discuss
--Y-h Lu:Hey! this guy showed exit to the Belluci and Nalbandian ??........
--Fabrice Santoro:although he really shouldn't have won that match vs Kohli he is  surprise after all...
--Mardy Fish:there wasn't much talk of him recently,but he's doing fine knocking Bolelli out....
--Amer Delic:his first surprise for me was when he outlasts Dent,the he passed Mathieu to come vs Nole...good achievement for a LuckyLoser
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
sure there's plenty of more players doing great,but firstly what was on my mind, I mentioned ..
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 09:28:50 AM by Lugburz »
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2009, 09:54:58 AM »
I guess this a right time to speak about the other players doing well in Melbourne....My look on those:

--Stanislas Wawrinka:finally found his game,currently scheduled for the 3rd Round clash vs Berdych..
--Marin Cilic:although he was fave vs Tipsy match that was big win for him,Tipsy is tricky for almost everyone
--Tommy Haas:why not,after big pause between matches,didn't played since USO,he achieved prime goal-super ease and now-Nadal !
--Marat Safin:very easily got himself to the inevitable clash with Fed..maybe a story to tell afterwards ....
--Marcos Baghdatis:another player who's doing just fine after it was questionable,definitely a player to discuss
--Fabrice Santoro:although he really shouldn't have won that match vs Kohli he is  surprise after all...
--Mardy Fish:there wasn't much talk of him recently,but he's doing fine knocking Bolelli out....
--Amer Delic:his first surprise for me was when he outlasts Dent,the he passed Mathieu to come vs Nole...good achievement for a LuckyLoser
sure there's plenty of more players doing great,but firstly what was on my mind, I mentioned ..

Great stuff, Lugzy! Thanks for bring this thread back to the top.

People are Robredo haters: This guy only surprises me when he loses to chumps.
comment on Robredo: it's well publicized that Rafa puts 5000 RPM, or something ridiculous like that, on his topspin, about 2x what the average is. I've seen Robredo play a few times fro very close up. My guess is, Tommy is second to Nadal and I'll guess he puts something in the neighborhood of +4000 RPM on his topspin.

Muller has transformed himself into a beast; apparently, he's finally living up to expectations.

When he wins, Santoro is always one of the best story at any slam during week one.

Nice call on Delic. I've followed him for years (we went to the same school); I hope he's finally going to have a break through year. Maybe people have had given to much notice to Querrey when they should have been watching Delic all along.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2009, 10:01:26 AM »

Great stuff, Lugzy! Thanks for bring this thread back to the top.

People are Robredo haters: This guy only surprises me when he loses to chumps.
comment on Robredo: it's well publicized that Rafa puts 5000 RPM, or something ridiculous like that, on his topspin, about 2x what the average is. I've seen Robredo play a few times fro very close up. My guess is, Tommy is second to Nadal and I'll guess he puts something in the neighborhood of +4000 RPM on his topspin.

Muller has transformed himself into a beast; apparently, he's finally living up to expectations.

When he wins, Santoro is always one of the best story at any slam during week one.

Nice call on Delic. I've followed him for years (we went to the same school); I hope he's finally going to have a break through year. Maybe people have had given to much notice to Querrey when they should have been watching Delic all along.

well my prime goal was to bring this thread back to the top...and then I thought of some players doing great..But there's more to come as we can face some major upsets in the mighty Round 3 :wicked:
But anyway,glad that we can EVEN talk about the other ones ...

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2009, 10:06:09 AM »
Amer Delic got double bagelled in qualifying (well, he lost 6-0 6-7 6-0) so it's pretty amazing he got this far. I'm expecting that he's super fit and has a massive serve, is he genuinely a very good player though?

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2009, 10:24:17 AM »
Amer Delic got double bagelled in qualifying (well, he lost 6-0 6-7 6-0) so it's pretty amazing he got this far. I'm expecting that he's super fit and has a massive serve, is he genuinely a very good player though?

He's a big boy with a huge serve (leads the AO in aces). He's a baseliner and moves really well for his size 6'5" and +200lbs. He turned pro in 2003 and was coached into playing S&V until he said, "enough, I'm not a S&Ver!" This set him a few years. Now he's playing comfortably again.

Having said all that, the results still aren't there. I've only seen him play a couple of times--once when he got spanked by Moya at 2004 USO; Buckeye, Dmast and I saw him in Cincy last year--and I really can't tell you why he isn't inside the Top 60. Hopefully he has turned the corner. TBD.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2009, 10:33:31 AM »
He is also genuinely a very nice guy. He talked with for a little while as I was rambling on and on and on....

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2009, 10:39:39 AM »
woho very nice words for a guy that has not given the chance to discuss about,that's one of the reasons why I love this thread so much !  ;-()
Well,then I'll be happy to see him vs Nole...
One more question...One-handed or two handed Backhand ?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 10:41:22 AM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2009, 11:00:04 AM »
woho very nice words for a guy that has not given the chance to discuss about,that's one of the reasons why I love this thread so much !  ;-()

1HBH  ;-()

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2009, 11:05:33 AM »

1HBH  ;-()

really that's awesome !  ;-()

but again check this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amer_Delic  it says 2HBH  :confused1:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2009, 11:09:42 AM »

1HBH  ;-()

but again check this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amer_Delic  it says 2HBH  :confused1:

Well... Wikipedia is wrong because he definitely has a 1 hander.
I wouldn't trust much of that information anyway, seeing as ANYONE can edit it.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2009, 11:15:24 AM »

1HBH  ;-()

Well... Wikipedia is wrong because he definitely has a 1 hander.
I wouldn't trust much of that information anyway, seeing as ANYONE can edit it.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2009, 01:20:09 PM »
Great ! pics are awesome as well  :cool:

TOMMY HAAS

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2009, 01:45:28 PM »

For the record, I didn't take these pictures; found them in Yahoo images  :)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #179 on: January 22, 2009, 01:47:05 PM »

For the record, I didn't take these pictures; found them in Yahoo images  :)

They are great anyway  :))

TOMMY HAAS