Author Topic: The "Don't Discuss Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Murray in here" thread  (Read 27910 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: The "Don't Discuss Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Murray in here" thread
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2009, 09:59:36 PM »
Well, I can post in this thread:

I hope Stan plays great and move forward.

I hope Safin loses in straight sets (well, at least I can hope, can't I!)

I hope Blake keeps playing well

I hope Haas gives a good fight

I hope Serena keeps moving on in the draw

I hope the William sisters keep winning in the double's draw

See... no mention of the 4 names :innocent:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2009, 10:16:21 PM »

I wonder who he's playing for you to wish such a thing upon him, that's so evil Dallas, why did you say that, can you please explain in detail?  :innocent:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2009, 10:27:57 PM »

I wonder who he's playing for you to wish such a thing upon him, that's so evil Dallas, why did you say that, can you please explain in detail?  :innocent:

Well I want him to lose to his next opponent.  Someone who is very good and who I like very much but can not mention his name.  Is that good enough? :rofl_2:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2009, 11:04:54 PM »

Well I want him to lose to his next opponent.  Someone who is very good and who I like very much but can not mention his name.  Is that good enough? :rofl_2:

I don't know, I'm kinda slow with these things, it takes me a while. Pity you couldn't clarify it further, some names and such would have made it easier for me to understand  :whistle:

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2009, 02:59:30 AM »
Murray :rofl_2:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2009, 03:46:49 AM »

warrior king of tennis and the soldiers fed, djoke and murray.......... :hysterical:   
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2009, 07:06:17 AM »
I sometimes really can't understand Wawrinka ! And now I address him by his last name  :mad1:
I mean,Berdych is OK but everytime I think he is finally doing great something like this happens!
I know that he is a bit of inconsistent player,but again he must win the matches at Slams like thi  :whistle:s one
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2009, 09:53:10 AM »

warrior king of tennis and the soldiers fed, djoke and murray.......... :hysterical:   

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
Re: The "Don't Mention Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Murray in here" thread
« Reply #188 on: January 25, 2009, 04:44:53 PM »
Sam and Marin are the real deal. I know I'm the only Cilic fan here, but I'm so impressed with this guy. I think he'll have a way better career than Ljubicic and Ancic and will be top 10 next year.

Not so BGT! I am a big Cilic fan as well, I love his game, along with Gulbis's, but I think in the grand scheme of things Cilic will be more successful.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2009, 08:51:10 PM »
I sometimes really can't understand Wawrinka ! And now I address him by his last name  :mad1:
I mean,Berdych is OK but everytime I think he is finally doing great something like this happens!
I know that he is a bit of inconsistent player,but again he must win the matches at Slams like thi  :whistle:s one

Berdych at his near best is a league above Stan. I'm sorry but Stan is a good player but he's not impressive in any way or form (overall, of course he can hit some really good backhands etc) and can be expected to lose to even players in his league, Berdych is way better. He just can't get his head together in the big matches but against others his tennis is enough to do the damage and he can do that. Stan never stood a chance if Berdych played well. Actually no one besides the top few players stand a chance against Berdych at his best. It just so happens Berdych can't keep his best for longer periods of time and hence is suspect even in three sets, defintely in 5 sets and totally forget about a whole season, let alone a whole year  ..-)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2009, 09:47:09 PM »
Well... Monfils pulls up lame again. Not a surprise to anyone here, just a shame because he does seem willing and coachable.
 :(
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2009, 11:08:06 PM »
I hope Safin just retires now rather than waiting for the end of the year.   What is the point, the guy is finished.

I hope the dieing down completely of the unwarranted Gasquet hype continues to the point he is even more anonymous than Davydenko, more than warranted considering Davydenko has already achieved more than Gasquet ever will IMO.

I hope the 3 best French players- Tsonga, Monfils, and Simon all continue to impress and make names for themselves.

I hope Nishikori and Gulbis make big jumps this year.

I hope Querrey and Cilic continue to progress upwards.

I hope Young stops getting wild cards and is forced to play his way onto tour like a man or retires.

I hope Serena Williams loses 30 pounds or Maria Sharapova gets and stays healthy or Venus cares about more than 3 or 4 tournaments this year or Safina and Dementieva become less headcases than they are now.    Basiclaly someone steps up and takes charge of the current pathetic abysmal WTA.

I hope Justine and Kim both return since the current pathetic abysmal WTA needs them badly.

I hope the WTA takes a huge pay cut until their standard of play improves bigtime.

I hope the Columbus Blue Jackets make the playoffs.

I hope the Chicago White Sox win the World Series and Johnny Danks is the MVP.

I hope Rex Grossman goes to work at Burger King.

I hope Jeremy Abbott win the World Figure Skating championships.

I hope Tiger Woods retires with his knee injury and Jack Nicklaus's record of 18 majors remains safe for alot longer.   An even bigger reason I want that is I hate golf and dont want it taking away from any of my prefered programing anymore so just eliminate or greatly reduce golf coverage altogether by having Tiger retire since nobody will care about it anymore.

I hope Michael Phelps gets more respect for being the greatest athlete of all time in any sport.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 11:14:51 PM by kittens25 »

Offline ovg

• Tennis God
« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2009, 07:56:47 AM »
Don't know Rex Grossman, but sure do agree with all your other hopes. Go Blue Jackets.
I'll add two more hopes: I hope the Cardinals win the SB. I hope Ancic has a healthy year and returns to the top 20.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #193 on: April 08, 2009, 07:22:54 PM »
Time to bump this thread.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #194 on: April 08, 2009, 07:27:12 PM »
Time to bump this thread.

BGT,you know I would like to see this thread active than the any other,but I just have settled down with the fact that this board is only bite for the top4 guns... shame  :whistle:  ..-)

Just hope little community like you,Babble,myself etc can stick with this thread a little bit more  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #195 on: April 08, 2009, 07:35:31 PM »
Go Stan Wawrinka!!!!!! Is that ok? :))

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #196 on: April 08, 2009, 07:38:29 PM »
Go Stan Wawrinka!!!!!! Is that ok? :))
yes!  :))

TOMMY HAAS

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #197 on: April 08, 2009, 07:41:05 PM »
Role call!

Babblelot here!
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #198 on: April 08, 2009, 07:43:02 PM »
Role call!

Babblelot here!

I'm here.  I CAN talk about other players too, you know. 

Stan Warwinka
James Blake
Tommy Haas
Bolelli
Victoria
Patty
Serena
Venus

See... :innocent:

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #199 on: April 08, 2009, 07:45:37 PM »
I hope Safin just retires now rather than waiting for the end of the year.   What is the point, the guy is finished.

I hope the dieing down completely of the unwarranted Gasquet hype continues to the point he is even more anonymous than Davydenko, more than warranted considering Davydenko has already achieved more than Gasquet ever will IMO.

I hope the 3 best French players- Tsonga, Monfils, and Simon all continue to impress and make names for themselves.

I hope Nishikori and Gulbis make big jumps this year.

I hope Querrey and Cilic continue to progress upwards.

I hope Young stops getting wild cards and is forced to play his way onto tour like a man or retires.

I hope Serena Williams loses 30 pounds or Maria Sharapova gets and stays healthy or Venus cares about more than 3 or 4 tournaments this year or Safina and Dementieva become less headcases than they are now.    Basiclaly someone steps up and takes charge of the current pathetic abysmal WTA.

I hope Justine and Kim both return since the current pathetic abysmal WTA needs them badly.

I hope the WTA takes a huge pay cut until their standard of play improves bigtime.

I hope the Columbus Blue Jackets make the playoffs.

I hope the Chicago White Sox win the World Series and Johnny Danks is the MVP.

I hope Rex Grossman goes to work at Burger King.

I hope Jeremy Abbott win the World Figure Skating championships.

I hope Tiger Woods retires with his knee injury and Jack Nicklaus's record of 18 majors remains safe for alot longer.   An even bigger reason I want that is I hate golf and dont want it taking away from any of my prefered programing anymore so just eliminate or greatly reduce golf coverage altogether by having Tiger retire since nobody will care about it anymore.

I hope Michael Phelps gets more respect for being the greatest athlete of all time in any sport.

And I hope Kitten would post more often.

But look at the highlighted part. He's basically wishing the same thing I wish nowadays.
You are everything I am not.