Author Topic: The "Don't Discuss Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Murray in here" thread  (Read 21258 times)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
Re: The "Don't Discuss Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Murray in here" thread
« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2009, 07:47:18 PM »
I'm thinking of a tennis player who's last name starts with M,guess who :rofl_2:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #201 on: April 08, 2009, 07:52:19 PM »
I'm thinking of a tennis player who's last name starts with M,guess who :rofl_2:

Oh, let me guess:

Max Mirnyi?
Albert Montanes?
Alberto Martin?
Carlos Moya?
Gael Monfils?
or how about Gilles Muller?

Want me to go on?

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #202 on: April 08, 2009, 08:00:41 PM »
How about that Andy Murray? Don't they say he doesn't belong with the rest because he hasn't won a slam yet? I am sure he can be discussed here.  :)~
You are everything I am not.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #203 on: April 08, 2009, 08:06:40 PM »

Oh, let me guess:

Max Mirnyi?
Albert Montanes?
Alberto Martin?
Carlos Moya?
Gael Monfils?

Want me to go on?

Wrong it was Melzer :))

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #204 on: April 08, 2009, 08:08:38 PM »

Oh, let me guess:

Max Mirnyi?
Albert Montanes?
Alberto Martin?
Carlos Moya?
Gael Monfils?

Want me to go on?

Wrong it was Melzer :))

Oh, why didn't I think of that! :head-smack:

Offline Hunk

• Tennis Player
« Reply #205 on: April 09, 2009, 08:22:44 AM »

Murrey  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

Offline !!!Federer!!!

• Tennis Player
  • !!! FEDERER'S NO#1 FAN !!!
« Reply #206 on: April 25, 2009, 12:20:02 AM »
Hey why doesn't anyone mension Verdasco or Del Potro ?
They both are great players.

But FEDERER for No.1

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #207 on: April 25, 2009, 10:42:43 AM »

I like Tsonga's play. He has some good game with nice volleying skills and when his game is on, he is tough.

Offline Julie2810

• Tennis Player
« Reply #208 on: April 28, 2009, 11:40:04 PM »

But FEDERER for No.1
Non-Federer, guys, I'm getting too much "fantastic four", "big four" these day  :)

I like Tsonga since Aussie Open last year, he has styles, he has skills, I hope he'll improve more and more.
And I also like Verdasco though I usually dislike Spanish guys  :)
Loop !!!

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #209 on: April 29, 2009, 03:37:14 PM »

But FEDERER for No.1
Non-Federer, guys, I'm getting too much "fantastic four", "big four" these day  :)

I like Tsonga since Aussie Open last year, he has styles, he has skills, I hope he'll improve more and more.

So, you like Hot Sauce!  ;-()  Can't blame you for that. I like all the Spanish guys...  :))

Offline Julie2810

• Tennis Player

But FEDERER for No.1

So, you like Hot Sauce!  ;-()  Can't blame you for that. I like all the Spanish guys...  :))
I think I like dark horses  :)
Loop !!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Daniel Brands GER - uprising star,my humble prediction  ..-)

In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Surprisingly good players during RG!

**Philipp Kohlschreiber:I guess,that match vs Nole describes all,So powerful and consistent backhand..Nole tried to push his limits on the backhand side,but the outcome was astonishing,Kohli beat the hell of of him in straights!
**Marin Cilic:Beautiful cruising into top16 without dropping a set.However he did defended his #13 seed,while he lost to Andy Murray,nothing more but expected loss..
**Robin Soderling:he defeated Ferrer,another clay courter in 4sets..And will do anything to upset Rafael Nadal..
**J Ouanna:don't know about that guy much,but I have to thank him for outstanding match between him and Marat..
**Victor Hanescu:definitely he deserved his place here,as he had beautiful start beating both Darcis and Youzhny in straights.Biggest win yet to come as he upsets Simon again in straights set win! However,as expected he fell to red hot Gonzo..
**Tommy Haas:Even I'm surprised how well Tommy played first 3round matches while knowing of what he's capable..Great 1st Round ,then thriller in the 2nd R once again leading by 2sets advantage,but nice finish there.Pure inspiration came in his 3rd R match as he upsets Chardy in 4sets win..He repeated his best result at FO from 2002 when he played best tennis ever,and know will test Roger in top16!
**J W Tsonga:I'm sure his display isn't that shocking but knowing how he played on clay before,he deserves to be mention as well.Beating some of the much better clay courter than himself,lke Monaco ets..He managed  to arrange another better cc JMDelPonny in top16...
**Andy Roddick:Same as for Tsonga,not being clay courter some nice unexpected results as he sets personal best record at RG..Without dropping a single set so far..
**Maximo Gonzalez:Another player that it's game improved a lot,great results recently,beating Fish and Seppi,managing to take 1 set away from good old Robredo...

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline sid

• Tennis God
Surprisingly good players during RG!

**Philipp Kohlschreiber:I guess,that match vs Nole describes all,So powerful and consistent backhand..Nole tried to push his limits on the backhand side,but the outcome was astonishing,Kohli beat the hell of of him in straights!
**Marin Cilic:Beautiful cruising into top16 without dropping a set.However he did defended his #13 seed,while he lost to Andy Murray,nothing more but expected loss..
**Robin Soderling:he defeated Ferrer,another clay courter in 4sets..And will do anything to upset Rafael Nadal..
**J Ouanna:don't know about that guy much,but I have to thank him for outstanding match between him and Marat..
**Victor Hanescu:definitely he deserved his place here,as he had beautiful start beating both Darcis and Youzhny in straights.Biggest win yet to come as he upsets Simon again in straights set win! However,as expected he fell to red hot Gonzo..
**Tommy Haas:Even I'm surprised how well Tommy played first 3round matches while knowing of what he's capable..Great 1st Round ,then thriller in the 2nd R once again leading by 2sets advantage,but nice finish there.Pure inspiration came in his 3rd R match as he upsets Chardy in 4sets win..He repeated his best result at FO from 2002 when he played best tennis ever,and know will test Roger in top16!
**J W Tsonga:I'm sure his display isn't that shocking but knowing how he played on clay before,he deserves to be mention as well.Beating some of the much better clay courter than himself,lke Monaco ets..He managed  to arrange another better cc JMDelPonny in top16...
**Andy Roddick:Same as for Tsonga,not being clay courter some nice unexpected results as he sets personal best record at RG..Without dropping a single set so far..
**Maximo Gonzalez:Another player that it's game improved a lot,great results recently,beating Fish and Seppi,managing to take 1 set away from good old Robredo...

Thanks Lugburz great info m8. :)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL

I only caught the end of the Soderling-Ferrer, but I'm pretty certain they were saying Soderling was hurt or gassed. All the more shocking that he torpedoed Nadal.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #215 on: June 07, 2009, 03:43:13 PM »
Ok after all great wishes to Fed and appreciation which Roger definitely deserves,here's an huge hurray!  :yay: for the bravehearted Soderling!!
What an amazing and magnificent two weeks for Robin,I guess no one expected such a display that he showed.Beautiful end with an awesome speech in the final ! So congrats Soderling,once again!  :toot:

TOMMY HAAS

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #216 on: June 07, 2009, 03:48:45 PM »
Ok after all great wishes to Fed and appreciation which Roger definitely deserves,here's an huge hurray!  :yay: for the bravehearted Soderling!!
What an amazing and magnificent two weeks for Robin,I guess no one expected such a display that he showed.Beautiful end with an awesome speech in the final ! So congrats Soderling,once again!  :toot:

Thanks Luggy. Well deserved! :applause:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #217 on: June 08, 2009, 07:10:36 AM »
Let's see how he does on grass now!!! :scared:
Will he have enough time to set up those big shots? :dunno:
Will his serve be even more potent? :)>>>>
His confidence should be at an all time high! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline vsty

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #218 on: June 09, 2009, 12:46:12 AM »

He will lose in early stages at Wimby may be max. in 3rd round, b'coz
1)he won't have enough time to set-up his shots with big back-swing &
2)the ball is not going to bounce high in his hitting zone.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #219 on: June 09, 2009, 12:51:57 AM »

He will lose in early stages at Wimby may be max. in 3rd round, b'coz
1)he won't have enough time to set-up his shots with big back-swing &
2)the ball is not going to bounce high in his hitting zone.
And his movement will be far more exposed on grass than on clay

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason