Author Topic: Height of ball  (Read 3434 times)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: Height of ball
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 10:24:59 AM »
Depends on their hand-eye generally..and what sports they've participated in before. B-Ball players excell at this drill and seem to be able to pick up the game (tennis) very easily (if they're a good b-ball player).  dan

How do they do hitting on the rise against a slice? Seems to me the slice can neutralize this tactic.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline HighDesertTennis

• Tennis Player
    • HighdesertTennis
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 10:30:23 AM »
Tactic?? Again, dmastous ..the subject being..where to take the ball ...the ball ..is whereever it's going to be (and with whatever spin), and as we have agreed..the player needs to progress and focus on taking it, with an ARRAY of Tools from thier Shot selection inventory ...where ever they choose.   I'm not understanding where tactics comes into this subject.   Dan

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 02:10:52 PM »
Tactic?? Again, dmastous ..the subject being..where to take the ball ...the ball ..is whereever it's going to be (and with whatever spin), and as we have agreed..the player needs to progress and focus on taking it, with an ARRAY of Tools from thier Shot selection inventory ...where ever they choose.   I'm not understanding where tactics comes into this subject.   Dan

Nothing to worry about. Just throwing that question out there.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)