Author Topic: Grip Tape  (Read 3726 times)

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
  • Let The Wind Blow to my Victory
Grip Tape
« on: March 27, 2008, 08:16:52 AM »
What a good Grip Tape to use...I don't know what a good brand to buy from
<br /><br />The greatest is the one is perfect their style and their body<br /><br />I will Overcome my Limit

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Re: Grip Tape
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 11:25:31 AM »
What a good Grip Tape to use...I don't know what a good brand to buy from

I use Gamma Sport Overgrip.   One of those over the original racquet grip does me nicely! 

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 11:27:24 AM »
alright  :thank-you:
<br /><br />The greatest is the one is perfect their style and their body<br /><br />I will Overcome my Limit

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 02:55:48 PM »
My racquets still have the original leather grips. I use Tournagrip as an overgrip.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Dr. K

• New Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 02:41:13 PM »
I used to use the blue Tournagrip religiously, but this year I tried a bunch of different ones and I'm glad I did. Right now my favorite is the Wilson Pro overgrip - lots of cool colors, too.  Also excellent are the Gamma Supreme and Prince Microtac (but not Duratac or Durazorb - not tacky enough for me).  At only about $4 for a 3-pack, get a couple different ones and see what you like.

The most important thing is to CHANGE THE OVERGRIP OFTEN.  A little dirt and sweat really reduce the feel.  I like white ones because it's easier to see when they are dirty.  Good luck!
Lefty/4.5/AllCourt
SpeedportBlack/StringMyOwn

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 02:59:01 PM »
I used to use the blue Tournagrip religiously, but this year I tried a bunch of different ones and I'm glad I did. Right now my favorite is the Wilson Pro overgrip - lots of cool colors, too.  Also excellent are the Gamma Supreme and Prince Microtac (but not Duratac or Durazorb - not tacky enough for me).  At only about $4 for a 3-pack, get a couple different ones and see what you like.

The most important thing is to CHANGE THE OVERGRIP OFTEN.  A little dirt and sweat really reduce the feel.  I like white ones because it's easier to see when they are dirty.  Good luck!

Good points all and I agree fully! 

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 03:15:14 PM »

Very true. Nothing worse than a soggy grip.

Welcome to T4U Dr K.!

:welcome2: :welcome)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 03:16:58 PM by dmastous »

An ambition fulfilled

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 03:32:42 AM »
I am currently using babolat overgrips which I switched to from tournagrips.  I love them.  A lot.
Millenium Sport Technologies Representative
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
x2 Head Liquidmetal Radical @ 60lbs w/ Luxillon ALU power rough
------------

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 11:23:24 PM »
i use wilson pro or yonex supergrap.  white is the best color for overgrips imo because the color treatment seems to take away some of the tackiness.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 11:42:23 PM »
I actually just ordered some wilson pro's for the first time to see how they compare to the babolats i've been using.

I agree with everyone about white grips also!
Millenium Sport Technologies Representative
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
x2 Head Liquidmetal Radical @ 60lbs w/ Luxillon ALU power rough
------------

Offline LonelySgtPepper

• Tennis Player
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 12:53:27 AM »
i love my wilson pro overgrip, how often do you guys change yours...?
Why So Serious?

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 04:50:39 PM »
i love my wilson pro overgrip, how often do you guys change yours...?

I change it when it starts to look beat up.  usually once a month maybe if I am playing 2-3 times per week.  of course I break strings in that time frame too so I switch racquets.  Tough to tell.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 04:58:15 PM »
I usually change my Tournagrip every other outing. By that time it's getting chewed up, and isn't as effective.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Caleb3293

• Tennis Player
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 08:25:05 PM »
Ya I need to replace my grip.  I've had the original grip on my racket since I've got it.  So a little over 1 year now.  I was considering getting an overgrip, but my assistant coach was talking to me about buying wraps that are sticky, and just change it every time that I play. 

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 08:42:54 PM »
Ya I need to replace my grip.  I've had the original grip on my racket since I've got it.  So a little over 1 year now.  I was considering getting an overgrip, but my assistant coach was talking to me about buying wraps that are sticky, and just change it every time that I play

That's what an overgrip is.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Caleb3293

• Tennis Player
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 08:44:57 PM »
Ya I need to replace my grip.  I've had the original grip on my racket since I've got it.  So a little over 1 year now.  I was considering getting an overgrip, but my assistant coach was talking to me about buying wraps that are sticky, and just change it every time that I play

No I believe that they just slip over, and is like normal grip.  What I was talking about was something totally different.  What I was talking about was a wrap.

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 08:48:27 PM »

No I believe that they just slip over, and is like normal grip.  What I was talking about was something totally different.  What I was talking about was a wrap.

An overgrip is a wrap. Tournagrip is an overgrip, Wilson has a line of overgrips, as does Head etc.. You are talking about a one piece overgrip.  They all fall under the catagory of overgrips.
An overgrip is a grip that is thin and is wrapped or placed over the existing grip.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Caleb3293

• Tennis Player
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 08:49:41 PM »

Thanks for clarifying this for us.

An overgrip is a wrap. Tournagrip is an overgrip, Wilson has a line of overgrips, as does Head etc.. You are talking about a one piece overgrip.  They all fall under the catagory of overgrips.
An overgrip is a grip that is thin and is wrapped or placed over the existing grip.

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 10:54:54 AM »
I found my grip and forms make my shot alittle perfect

Offline carvel508

• Tennis Player
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 07:50:20 PM »
Our Tite-Grip lotion almost eliminates replacing grips due to sweaty hands.

Tite-Grip lotion is an antiperspirant lotion, when topically applied to the hands and rubbed in well, eliminates moisture in 30 seconds and prevents perspiration for up to 6 hours.

Tite-Grip lotion is now in 18 countries world wide and used by both amateurs and professionals.

Please visit my web site for more information and testimonials by professional tennis players and tennis writers:

www.handssweatnomore.com

Thank you for your time and hopefully we can supply you with a tube of Tite-Grip.

I personally use Tite-Grip when I play golf and one glove will last me the whole year in this Dallas humidity.

Best regards,

Carvel508