Author Topic: Britishtennis BATTLE of the BOARDS  (Read 7647 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Britishtennis BATTLE of the BOARDS
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2009, 08:34:48 PM »
Pawan and myself are doing fairly well  :) BUT would have been doing a lot better if Nalbandian and Gasquet weren't such airheads :(

Good job then guys because I can probably guess that I'm closer to the bottom of the entire board! :rofl_2: I told you guys I wasn't good at this game...but it's just fun to be part of our team! :))

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2009, 05:49:23 AM »
Pawan and myself are doing fairly well  :) BUT would have been doing a lot better if Nalbandian and Gasquet weren't such airheads :(

Good job then guys because I can probably guess that I'm closer to the bottom of the entire board! :rofl_2: I told you guys I wasn't good at this game...but it's just fun to be part of our team! :))

After today, you're top of the board  ;-()

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2009, 02:36:51 AM »
A few interboards and GS brackets have taken quite a hit. :whistle:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2009, 03:19:12 AM »
A few interboards and GS brackets have taken quite a hit. :whistle:

Would you like to reword that to:
''Most of you Brits are completely screwed now, thats why you shouldn't put faith in a damn Scot''
 :innocent:
I'm not bothered about this anyway after seeing the state of my Victoria  :blue: :depressed: :Sad-Bye: :crying:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
  • March 27th 1999 - August 9th 2008
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2009, 11:55:34 AM »
I had an horrible performance at the interboard, but is sad to check noone seem to trust on Rafa here, out of 16 people from TY was I the only one picking Rafa as winner?  :confused1: Not even conchita  :(

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2009, 12:56:49 PM »
I had an horrible performance at the interboard, but is sad to check noone seem to trust on Rafa here, out of 16 people from TY was I the only one picking Rafa as winner?  :confused1: Not even conchita  :(

I always usually go with Rafa but figured for once I was best off staying loyal to Murray for fear of being lynched otherwise. Deep down I always felt Rafa physically might have too much for everybody. Rafa's always the guy I like to see coming through the tournaments though so I'm really happy for him  :)

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
  • March 27th 1999 - August 9th 2008
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2009, 03:02:02 PM »

I always usually go with Rafa but figured for once I was best off staying loyal to Murray for fear of being lynched otherwise. Deep down I always felt Rafa physically might have too much for everybody. Rafa's always the guy I like to see coming through the tournaments though so I'm really happy for him  :)

yeah I take it. As a good brit, and even more than that, as you being a very good one predicting results, picking Murray made sense :)  Is just the general feeling, after so many good things Rafa is doing, the general trend in this forum is still on other players.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2009, 03:24:56 PM »

yeah I take it. As a good brit, and even more than that, as you being a very good one predicting results, picking Murray made sense :)  Is just the general feeling, after so many good things Rafa is doing, the general trend in this forum is still on other players.

I get the feeling today might just be a significant day with that though Borovnia, expect to see Rafa picked by atleast 50% of us from now on. I know whether I'm a Brit or not I'll always be going with Rafa now- he very rarely lets anybody down  :)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2009, 04:43:33 PM »
I get the feeling today might just be a significant day with that though Borovnia, expect to see Rafa picked by atleast 50% of us from now on. I know whether I'm a Brit or not I'll always be going with Rafa now- he very rarely lets anybody down  :)

Well, guess I won't be playing these games anymore because even if I KNOW Rafa's the favorite, I still can't go with him in my picks against Roger! :))  Just can't do it!  So if I don't pick Rafa (for instance, in a French Open Final if it's against Roger), then all I'm doing is pulling the team down.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2009, 12:25:10 AM »

Well, guess I won't be playing these games anymore because even if I KNOW Rafa's the favorite, I still can't go with him in my picks against Roger! :))  Just can't do it!  So if I don't pick Rafa (for instance, in a French Open Final if it's against Roger), then all I'm doing is pulling the team down.

No way Dallas, you got to play. Its great you'll always back your man- thats a brilliant thing to be able to say you always do  :) There's enough other picks for you to get right during a tournament and its not like Fed is ever far away from the title since he has 19 straight Slam Semi Finals. So you keep picking Fed and keep competing in this  :)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2009, 04:58:43 PM »
How did we finish in the AO board?  At one point we were in first place.  What were the last results?

Offline steven

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2009, 03:54:42 PM »
You finished 8th as a team at the AO.