Author Topic: THE VICTORIA AZARENKA THREAD- Facts, Articles, Pictures, anything!!  (Read 127663 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: THE VICTORIA AZARENKA THREAD- Facts, Articles, Pictures, anything!!
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2009, 10:51:00 AM »
What a terrific win by Victoria today :grind dance: :yahoo: :applause:  :thumbs-up: :worthy: That is such a promising and perfect start as it shows she's carry on her form from Brisbane and Kvitova is a dangerous player and won the title well last week in Hobart. I'm very impressed by Victoria's start here :applause: :applause: Tonight I will have a little bit of time so I'll try and post some pictures I can find then.

Yes Babble that is Kateryna  :) who also had a very impressive win today :yahoo: :grind dance:

Yes she did, and she wears the nose pin and tat well   ;-()

EDIT: that was suppose to be a  ;-()  =  :cool:  =  :thumbs-up:  I used the wrong emoticon  Ooops!

:swoon: Babble actually liking something about one of my girls  :))

I'll keep an eye on this one. Hey, when you get a chance, post the pics you took of Kat. I want to see why I wouldn't have recognized her.

Hey don't be trying to take my Kateryna  :rofl_2: But seriously Im glad you are taking notice of atleast one of my girls  :) For sure I will post the pictures again of Kateryna in Paris and in Birmingham including the one where I was next to her  :swoon:  :lust: Ive got some time this weekend and Im off next week so give me a few days and I will pick out a few for you  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2009, 11:59:25 AM »
What a terrific win by Victoria today :grind dance: :yahoo: :applause:  :thumbs-up: :worthy: That is such a promising and perfect start as it shows she's carry on her form from Brisbane and Kvitova is a dangerous player and won the title well last week in Hobart. I'm very impressed by Victoria's start here :applause: :applause: Tonight I will have a little bit of time so I'll try and post some pictures I can find then.

Yes Babble that is Kateryna  :) who also had a very impressive win today :yahoo: :grind dance:

Yes she did, and she wears the nose pin and tat well   ;-()

EDIT: that was suppose to be a  ;-()  =  :cool:  =  :thumbs-up:  I used the wrong emoticon  Ooops!

:swoon: Babble actually liking something about one of my girls  :))

I'll keep an eye on this one. Hey, when you get a chance, post the pics you took of Kat. I want to see why I wouldn't have recognized her.

Hey don't be trying to take my Kateryna  :rofl_2: But seriously Im glad you are taking notice of atleast one of my girls  :) For sure I will post the pictures again of Kateryna in Paris and in Birmingham including the one where I was next to her  :swoon:  :lust: Ive got some time this weekend and Im off next week so give me a few days and I will pick out a few for you  :)

Thanks!
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2009, 01:01:55 PM »
Right time for some pictires of Victoria after her 6/2, 6/1 demolition job of Hobart winner Kvitova :yahoo: :applause: :grind dance:

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2009, 01:03:25 PM »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2009, 01:09:44 PM »
Well that wasn't ideal. Every website with pictures had just those 2 of Victoria from her first round  :( Time to get on a show Court Victoria and get some camera time  :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2009, 01:12:50 PM »
Form player Azarenka cruises into second round

MELBOURNE - Belarusian teenager Victoria Azarenka continued her recent impressive form when she cruised into the second round of the Australian Open on Tuesday.

Azarenka, 19, downed Czech Petra Kvitova 6-2, 6-1 in hot and windy conditions on one of Melbourne Park's outside courts.

The Belarusian, ranked 14 in the world, won her first WTA tournament in Brisbane two weeks ago and was never troubled against the 40th ranked Kvitova.

She won the first set in 34 minutes, breaking Kvitova three times, then took the second in only 29 minutes to wrap up the match.

Azarenka has made the third round of the Open for the past two years and looks in good shape to at least reach that stage again this year, where she is seeded to meet former champion Amelie Mauresmo.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2009, 07:54:16 PM »
Was this posted?  It was over on the AO thread:

Wednesday 21 January 2009
By Rick D'Andrea
del.icio.us
Digg
Facebook
Newsvine

Q: How did you feel with the heat after your first round win?

Victoria Azarenka: Well, it was tough. There is not much you can do at this time, take as much time as you can and try to find the shade anywhere you can and drink as much as possible, get some ice on you during the changeovers, and do every single thing possible that you can do to keep yourself cool.

Q: Do you have a suitcase big enough to take home two Australian trophies after your win in Brisbane?

Victoria Azarenka: Hopefully I can win here, but I never think about it. I just think about my next match and weíll see how we go.

Q: This is your third Australian Open appearance and you've not been past the third round; what do you think your chances are of progressing past it this year?

Victoria Azarenka: Like I said, I donít think about that. I just go match by match. Weíll see where it takes me.

Q: You are the 13th seed and for some, it is an unlucky number. How do you feel about it? Is it lucky, unlucky or just another number?

Victoria Azarenka: I saw that Iím the 13th seed, Iím 113 in the (draw) and I played (my first match) on Court 13. They say that it is unlucky for many people, but for me, it was lucky.

Q: Do you think playing both the singles and doubles this year is going to have an effect on you, either physically or mentally?

Victoria Azarenka: It shouldnít affect me too much. Iíll just have a rest today, and I love to play doubles. Iíll have a practice, return some volleys, some serves. I just enjoy playing and I have a very good partner in Vera [Zvonareva] and have lots of fun.

Q: I read somewhere that you admire Roger Federer; would you like to team up with him and play some mixed doubles one day?

Victoria Azarenka: I think you cannot seriously say no to that at all. Thereís no way that you can say no that.

Q: Have you recovered from your illness from Sydney?

Victoria Azarenka: Yeah. I just arrived, and it was the flight. I just saw the court, and came on court, and I just lost my way. It was tough. I couldnít really push myself so much. It was worse for me to try it. And it also gave someone else a chance to play instead of me.

Q: What about your injuries from 2008? Have you got over your knee and back issues that you had?

Victoria Azarenka: So far, Iím healthy and Iím just so happy, and for me itís the most important thing, as long as Iím healthy, I can play tennis. Iíve been working very hard, not to be getting injured, and come back to full health.

Q: Youíve been to Melbourne a few times before, what have you seen of our city? What do you like about it? What have you planned to see this year?

Victoria Azarenka: I love Melbourne, I love Australia. Itís so nice here. The whole atmosphere makes it so exciting. Iíve been going around Melbourne every day, walking down the river, meeting people, riding the bike, going out. A great atmosphere makes you liked outside of the tennis world.

Q: Does it make you play better tennis, that atmosphere?

Victoria Azarenka: Yeah. It makes you just want to go and try all your best because people come and support you, so itís nice.

Q: Do you have any superstitions before or after your matches?

Victoria Azarenka: Not really, not for me. I donít really have any superstitions. The only one is that I change my grip on my racquet before each match.

Q: Do you have a favourite tourist destination?

Victoria Azarenka: I havenít been much of a tourist anywhere, but I went to Malaysia for my vacation, which I loved. It was a great place.

Q: If you could be anything other than a tennis player, what would you have been?

Victoria Azarenka: I would love to have been an actress. I would love to be in a big Hollywood movie. Maybe something in fashion as well.

Q: What was the last movie you saw?

Victoria Azarenka: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Q: What was the last song you bought or downloaded?

Victoria Azarenka: Britney Spears Ė Circus

Victoria Azarenka plays Italian Tathiana Garbin in the second round tomorrow.

Access Player LinksPlayer Bios
Victoria Azarenka Bio
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 07:55:36 PM by Dallas »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2009, 12:29:53 AM »
Thanks Dallas for finding that interview  :) Was good to read what Victoria had to say.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2009, 12:56:52 PM »
Chris!

An emotional match today for us- Victoria v Tathiana
Could get ugly :Boxing:  ha ha!
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2009, 01:15:59 PM »
Chris!

Too right its an emotional and big match for us Babble- you ready for it?  :Sword Fight: Was going to bring this one up with you soon, so glad you're onto it already.
I'm being superstitious as always as since Maria won the title last year and I didn't post once during her matches and Elena V went out the other day when I posted during her match then I won't be posting again during Victoria's or Kateryna's singles matches so I'll have to catch up and gloat to you in the morning  :)~

First match on Court 13 for our girls  :) Then Victoria plays her 1st round doubles match with Zvonareva later in the day :cheer:

GO VICTORIA!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2009, 01:38:47 PM »
Chris!

Too right its an emotional and big match for us Babble- you ready for it?  :Sword Fight: Was going to bring this one up with you soon, so glad you're onto it already.
I'm being superstitious as always as since Maria won the title last year and I didn't post once during her matches and Elena V went out the other day when I posted during her match then I won't be posting again during Victoria's or Kateryna's singles matches so I'll have to catch up and gloat to you in the morning  :)~

First match on Court 13 for our girls  :) Then Victoria plays her 1st round doubles match with Zvonareva later in the day :cheer:

I'll be rooting for Kat until she meets Svetlana.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2009, 02:07:13 PM »
Chris!

I'm liking that Babble, great to hear  :thumbs-up: I'm still surprised I think about you liking and rooting for one of my girls I think  :rofl_2:
If Kateryna goes as far as meeting Kuznetsova that would be absolutely amazing as thats the 4th round :shakey: long way until then but that would be awesome :grind dance:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2009, 02:41:14 PM »
Chris!

I'm liking that Babble, great to hear  :thumbs-up: I'm still surprised I think about you liking and rooting for one of my girls I think  :rofl_2:
If Kateryna goes as far as meeting Kuznetsova that would be absolutely amazing as thats the 4th round :shakey: long way until then but that would be awesome :grind dance:

I'm starting to find her sexy--she's got a little "freak" in her; I find that sexy  ;-()
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 02:41:45 PM by Babblelot »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2009, 02:46:29 PM »
Chris!

I'm starting to find her sexy--she's got a little "freak" in her; I find that sexy  ;-()

Now knowing that should I be worried that I actually like Kateryna and the same sort of girl as you do?  :rofl_2: Because all of your other girls I don't see anything in at all(purely looks wise)

That's 1 of my 5 girls then that is safe from your abuse  :rofl_2:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2009, 02:53:07 PM »
Chris!

Now knowing that should I be worried that I actually like Kateryna and the same sort of girl as you do?  :rofl_2: Because all of your other girls I don't see anything in at all(purely looks wise)

Patty and Sveta definitely fly their freak flags.   S  E  X  X  Y    :shades:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2009, 02:56:09 PM »
Chris!

Patty and Sveta definitely fly their freak flags.   S  E  X  X  Y    :shades:

Only if thats your type  :rofl_2:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2009, 07:20:26 PM »
I think Babbs have more post in this thread than I do! :rofl_2:

Way to go Babbs!!!! :rofl_2:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2009, 07:23:51 PM »
Well it was a short night for Victoria - but a win is a win!  Her opponent retired!

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/players/cmatch/wta312001.html

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2009, 12:23:53 AM »
Yeah Babble is in here loads  :))

Really glad Victoria progressed easily through to round 3 :yahoo: :applause: But just a shame she got very little court time. The only reason why I say this is because I'd have liked her to have had another set atleast on court before going into the match with Mauresmo. Maauresmo was taken to 3 sets by Brit Baltacha today so this is one Victoria has a real chance in and to make it to week 2 in Melbourne :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Kateryna won as well :yahoo: :applause: which will please Babble also against Dominguez 7/5, 7/5. I'm really glad that Kateryna was able to back up her win in round 1 vs Radwanska as this is the sort of match after a big win that she has lost in the past. Next up is another seed Zheng in round 3, with the potential showdown with Kuznetsova or sister Alona just a match away :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 12:32:01 AM by Chris1987 »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2009, 01:01:39 AM »
I guess considering there was very little pictures or articles after Victoria 1st round win they'll be even less with her 20 minutes worth today on the same non-televised court but tonight I'll see if I can find anything at all.