Author Topic: THE VICTORIA AZARENKA THREAD- Facts, Articles, Pictures, anything!!  (Read 120122 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: THE VICTORIA AZARENKA THREAD- Facts, Articles, Pictures, anything!!
« Reply #3180 on: June 30, 2011, 11:39:43 AM »
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #3181 on: June 30, 2011, 11:40:02 AM »

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #3182 on: June 30, 2011, 11:40:23 AM »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #3183 on: June 30, 2011, 11:40:45 AM »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #3184 on: June 30, 2011, 11:41:08 AM »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #3185 on: June 30, 2011, 11:41:31 AM »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #3186 on: June 30, 2011, 11:41:51 AM »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #3187 on: June 30, 2011, 11:42:12 AM »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #3188 on: June 30, 2011, 11:43:17 AM »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #3189 on: June 30, 2011, 11:43:41 AM »

Offline darkvindak

• Tennis Player

Offline Rayfinkle

• Tennis Pro
  • Murray - Vika - Masha - JJ - Lena V - Sabine
« Reply #3191 on: July 03, 2011, 02:27:42 PM »
A good tournament for Vika despite the disappointing result in the SF. When Kvitova plays like that on grass it's hard to know what would be an effective strategy to beat her - it's amazing how few unforced errors she makes considering how ridiculously hard she hits the ball and so close to the lines all the time. I was a bit annoyed Vika decided to skip womens doubles with Kirilenko (who would have been one of the fav's for the title) just because she wanted to play mixed with her boyfriend and they ended up not even getting a WC.

I managed to win an online bracket challenge prediction competition BTW  :)) , but unfortunately my prize is An Ana Ivanovic signed Wimbledon memorabilia photo (a player whom I can't stand). I predicted correctly 3 of the 4 SF'ists and a Maria/Kvitova final and with Kvitova winning too - a shame I get such a naff prize  :rofl_2:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #3192 on: July 03, 2011, 03:01:31 PM »
Yeah absolutely a very good tournament that was for Vika even though the Semi didn't end as we like but damn these players are doing my head in :mad1: firstly Li Na in France beats Vika and then Maria and now Kvitova does the same here :( :( :( But Kvitova being left handed, playing on grass with her game is 1 really tough nut to crack and you really have got to be hoping for an off day(something that even earlier this year happened a lot with 5 out of 6 straight 1st round exits) but now she is so much more consistent and that 2nd set she played vs Vika is coming less of an occurance it seems. Yeah I too was really disappointing Vika decided she wouldn't play Doubles here at the start of the year along with Miami as they'd have had a great chance and have been going so well this year. Vika was not happy at all they didn't get that wildcard :rofl_2: I have to say though despite seeing all the players at the tournament's I've been to I'm so jealous of your friend for getting to see those 2 Semi Finals Thursday!

The last 2 days though of this tournament were completely devastating in all the events really except the Mens Doubles  :( :crying: :depressed: and to think before then barring Vika's Semi defeat it was all going so perfectly well!

Wow well done for winning that online bracket challenge :applause: That's pretty awesome you picked so well like that, you had the 3 Semi Finalists I had then(game her) and I even had Sabine making the Quarters with her going a round further, but then I 'hoped' Vika was going to take Kvitova out. But damn that's a real shame that the prize you get is something from a player that you really don't like, typical that is :rofl_2:

Offline Rayfinkle

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #3193 on: July 03, 2011, 03:55:16 PM »
The first set Kvitova played against Vika was about as perfect as you could get..she was scarily good  :scared: Vika did well just to regain her composure to take the second and she just needed a good start in the third and things might have gone differently with more scoreboard pressure on Kvitova. Sam Smith was saying her average rally shot is 10 mph faster than Masha's which is pretty unbelievable if true considering how powerful Maria is.

Tell me about it! I just knew my friend would end up with a near perfect SF lineup that I could have only dreamed of seeing live  :crying: If it involved the Williams maybe i wouldn't have been as bothered  :rofl_2: , but with 3 of my fav's all in the SF's it was heartbreaking being at home knowing she was there. To make matters worse I spotted her on TV in the very first game of the Vika SF and must have seen her about 9 or 10 times on tv throughout the day. She had a great seat right behind where Maria was sat at the changeovers about 4 rows up. she's so lucky, she's even had mens finals tickets before too  :(

The only wrong Sf'ist I had was Serena instead of Liscki, but was more than happy to get that one wrong  :rofl_2: I'm a bit gutted really as the same site had first places prize as 2 tickets to the first week of the GS of their choice for the AO bracket challenge at the start of the season  :(

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #3194 on: July 03, 2011, 04:15:54 PM »
Yeah that 1st set from Kvitova vs Vika was just incredible tennis, when somebody plays like that there's absolutely nothing you can do, just so unfortunate it had to come vs Vika :( in the Final at least her average was 10mph faster off the ground than Maria, which as you say in unbelievable when you consider Maria's power in her shots, although that's a little off the mark in there's no doubt Maria didn't go for her shots quite as much as she can at times and didn't hit with the power she does sometimes in that Final. Even in her interview admitting that Kvitova went for her shots more than Maria yesterday.

Wow what incredible seats your friend had on Thursday then, she's soooo lucky! and to have had tickets for the Mens Final in the past too damn she is 1 lucky person whereas other people try year after year and can't get any! It must have really wound you up to keep seeing her on the TV so many times thinking how much you'd love to be there. I'm with you thst if a Williams was involved it wouldn't be as bad but that line up was great for us both. So is the 3rd player of those 4 that you like Sabine? I'm thinking there's no chance of it being Kvitova :rofl_2: Sabine's such a great girl, lovely smile, a big game and been through sooo much so its brilliant to see her back and I hope she keeps going like this and 1 day wins a first Slam title just like Vika will too :)

Yeah getting Serena wrong as not going as far as you expect is never a bad thing :rofl_2: but wow that's crazy earlier in the year they have an incredible prize of tickets to the first week of a Grand Slam of your choice but when you win you get a signed Ivanovic photo! :mad1:

Offline Rayfinkle

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #3195 on: July 03, 2011, 04:51:26 PM »
It just surprises me that someone with a game so gung-ho like Kvitova's can stay consistent enough over 7 matches to win a slam. She never at any stage in a match seems to get passive either even on big points. With a game like this it also seems strange that hardcourts are probably her weakest surface where she makes more errors than on clay or grass.

My friend used to do voluntary work at the old ATP event in Nottingham and still does now even though its now an ITF challenger - whether that helps her get tickets or not I don't know, but she assures me she just applies through the ballot like everyone else. Maybe she is just lucky  :rofl_2: I'd be chuffed even if I got court 3 tickets never mind centre court. Yes i'm a fan of Sabine as its always said under my profile picture  ;-() She's done well to get back to her best so fast as i was thinking it might take the best part of a season to do so but she just needs to stay injury free now and she could find herself near the top 10 before long. Yes i'm no fan of Kvitova - she's given me enough bad days already to get in my bad books :mad1: Not just that though i find her game a bit boring to watch because she gives her opponents no rhythm at all and every rally usually ends with either a winner or error from her after no more than 5 or 6 shots. It's like the polar opposite to Wozniacki's game, but equally as ugly to watch. I would only want her to win if she was up against players like Wozniacki, Ivanovic or the Williams.

The only thing worse i could have got would have been a Wozniacki signed photograph. It'l probably be going straight on ebay  :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 05:22:40 PM by Rayfinkle »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #3196 on: July 04, 2011, 12:21:49 AM »
That's it, I didn't quite see Kvitova being able to stay consistent enough for 7 straight matches to be able to win a Slam at this stage but I was so surprised she kept going for her shots and they just kept coming off 90% of the time and when she hits like that if she's hitting that well 90% of the time she's going to win a lot of matches. I'm very interested to see how she does on hardcourts now, not to mention seeing how she deals with being Wimbledon Champion, as you say its pretty strange so far that hardcourts have been her weakest surface, I hope that continues to stay that way :)) You say exactly the same things and reasons for not liking Kvitova as to what I say with the fact she decided EVERY point, the points are so short and you get no rhythm gainst her, not to mention she's given us a pretty annoying last couple of months :mad1: The opposite to Wozniacki but equally as annoying and boring no doubt. I never saw that below your picture :rofl_2: I probably did a long time ago but forgot but yes I agree on Sabine that it was expected she'd be back at that level and now ranked so high so quickly from being like 216 in March! But if she was really going to use a surface as a springboard it was always going to be grass for her and now she's done that and can really push on in the US Open Series and then definitely have her seeding come New York with no points at all to defend now.

That's cool she does some work at the event in Nottingham now which is now an ITF event, I wonder if that does help her or if she is just born lucky :rofl_2: I'd do just that and stick that picture on ebay too :rofl_2:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #3197 on: July 10, 2011, 02:07:27 AM »
I'm not going to be able to be around here much at all from now on, especially if I want to follow the live tennis, it goes without saying in particular Maria's/Victoria's career 110%, as along with that on the TV, my job and career is going to get really busy and time consuming, as well as things at home and in my personal life so I'll be with Maria and Victoria 110% as always and never EVER missing a match of their's day or night, but I'll just not be around here to post anything really. I'm too much of an all or nothing person so I couldn't be around here justpart time and half heartedly bit I'll occassionally get around here but always be watching all the tennis and especially Maria/Victoria :)

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #3198 on: July 13, 2011, 09:29:38 PM »
ITs been marvellous having you on this board.. not only for the updates on Masha, but on the WTA generally.. I am a massive fan of any girl who can stamp her authority on a tennis match, the way Kvitova does.. This is something Wozniacki needs to appreciate IMHO.. I am sure, Maria has more Slam success courting her round the corner, as the woman is dynamite in the heart - a prized quality on the WTA.. Take care.

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #3199 on: December 30, 2011, 09:47:40 PM »
Victoria Azarenka and Anna Chakvetadze

Victoria posing for FHM!  Wow!  I mean Wow!  Love the video clip!  Will try to find the magazine.