Author Topic: Ted Haggard  (Read 1473 times)

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
Ted Haggard
« on: January 30, 2009, 12:38:17 AM »
This guy takes being shady to a whole new level  And that wife of his, sticking by his side, unable to admit that he is gay.  Being gay is no problem with me, I love gay people, but just be gay and get on with your life.  This creep is trying to something he is not and it is really, really, disturbing.  He gives both straight and gay people a bad name! He is truly afraid of who he really is.  :)>>>>
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: Ted Haggard
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 06:37:58 AM »
OK so the guy is a creep. Why is this news?

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 08:30:24 AM »
jeffrx, if you're really into this guy, there's HBO an special called Trials of Ted Haggard.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 12:50:48 PM »
OK so the guy is a creep. Why is this news?

Because he has been all over the new lately.   He was on Larry King, Oprah, and other talk shows.  It's news dude!

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 12:53:01 PM »
jeffrx, if you're really into this guy, there's HBO an special called Trials of Ted Haggard.

Yea, I heard about that.  I'll probably watch it.  I'm fascinated with confused people.  I maintain that Haggard is gay and he should just admit it and live as a gay man.  It's wrong what he is doing to his wife.  She is also pathetic.

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 03:27:22 PM »

Yea, I heard about that.  I'll probably watch it.  I'm fascinated with confused people.  I maintain that Haggard is gay and he should just admit it and live as a gay man.  It's wrong what he is doing to his wife.  She is also pathetic.

I think that is easier said than done for many. Our society creates Ted Haggard's, given that within our society(and the world) many  believe that homosexuality is an abomination, a sin, a choice, unnatural, wrong. Since we as humans have an intrinsic desire to belong, to feel accepted, to feel valued we tend to conform to social norms. Nobody really wants to stand out or be different, because to be different is to be ostracised and discriminated against.
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 03:36:35 PM »

I think that is easier said than done for many. Our society creates Ted Haggard's, given that within our society(and the world) many  believe that homosexuality is an abomination, a sin, a choice, unnatural, wrong. Since we as humans have an intrinsic desire to belong, to feel accepted, to feel valued we tend to conform to social norms. Nobody really wants to stand out or be different, because to be different is to be ostracised and discriminated against.

I think that is no longer the case so much anymore. Right now we seem to have a large part of the population that wants to stand out, and be different. They want to conform to nonconformity. It's cool to be different. They work very hard at it, while trying to seem like they just don't care.
Sure there are many who try to conform, and maybe it's the squeeky wheel getting the grease. But I think conforming is seen as bad in today's society.
The biggest area where homosexuality is frowned upon is in religion. Most religions, Christian and Muslim both look upon homosexuality as an abomination. Most agnostics, or non denominational religious people are less discriminating.
So do we outlaw religion?

An ambition fulfilled

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 11:28:11 PM »
OK...I just saw the HBO Special.  I canged my mind on Haggard.  He is simply a disturbed individual.  Very disturbed.  I pretty much feel bad for him because he has no life at this point.  Yes, I still think he was meant to be gay, but I feel bad because he is so confused and the people who once lolved him now will not speak to him.  Plus, he is broke.....His church will never take him back and they don't want him around.  These are the same people who tell you that Jesus loves everyone.   

The whole thing is just twisted if you ask me.

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 02:11:13 PM »

I think that is no longer the case so much anymore. Right now we seem to have a large part of the population that wants to stand out, and be different. They want to conform to nonconformity. It's cool to be different. They work very hard at it, while trying to seem like they just don't care.
Sure there are many who try to conform, and maybe it's the squeeky wheel getting the grease. But I think conforming is seen as bad in today's society.
The biggest area where homosexuality is frowned upon is in religion. Most religions, Christian and Muslim both look upon homosexuality as an abomination. Most agnostics, or non denominational religious people are less discriminating.

I reread your post and realized you already said what I wrote. :lmao:

I'll delete
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 02:12:31 PM »

I think even those who claim to be expressing their individuality are conformers. In high school, we had the goth kids, punk kids, emo kids... all claiming to be individuals and going against the grain. But they all dressed alike, talked alike and even walked alike. Though they thought of themselves as unique, they weren't, they were conformers. I don't think anyone truly wants to be an "individual" unlike anyone else, they just like the idea.

I don't think religion should be outlawed. But personally, I believe that religion has run its course, we have science now.

It's very true, and that's what I mean by conforming to nonconformity. All these groups WANT to be seen as non conforming. But in the end they end up conforming to something in the end. But the pressure for nonconformance can be incredibly strong.
Religion has it's place. What do you tell someone on his or her death bed. Don't worry. Your remains will be buried in a six foot hole, or burned up in an oven, and that will be the end. Forever. People need a certain amount of reassurance to be able to accept the inevitable. That's the ultimate leap of faith, and we have to take it whether we like it or not.
Anyway religion does have a place, but like anything too much adherence to an ideal, too much fanaticism for anything can be a bad thing. it's possible to go too far with anything, and that's where we get into trouble. Even excessive nonconformance is problematic.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 02:14:37 PM »

I'll delete

Too late. Your point was valid, so I'm glad I captured it before you deleted. :shiny:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 02:49:08 PM »

I'll delete

Too late. Your point was valid, so I'm glad I captured it before you deleted. :shiny:

You're quick. :))

You're right about religion though. It does have its place, which is why it may never cease to exist.