1 (7.7%)
Sampras
3 (23.1%)
Nadal
6 (46.2%)
other
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Best mens player of all time  (Read 1900 times)

Offline murraymania

• Tennis Player
Best mens player of all time
« on: February 02, 2009, 09:27:27 AM »
Who do you consider the best mens player ever.  I think it is definitely between Laver, Sampras, Borg, and Nadal at this moment.   I voted for Borg.

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
Re: Best mens player of all time
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 01:24:02 PM »
Nadal, with 6 slams, is already considered better than Federer, 13 slams?

What a BS thread.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 01:29:07 PM »
Think Nadal has to get zero votes here, how anybody can vote for him is beyond me. Right now, Sampras, but I'm not voting because this is clearly an agenda-based poll.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 02:04:34 PM »
Wow what is happening right now?!? Theres like 10 running threads on here that its completely pointless to even go into and post anything. If Murray wins a Slam this year maybe we could add him here as a late option  ..-)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 02:11:13 PM »
Igor Andreev is the best mens player of all time because he beat Nadal on clay in 2005.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 02:15:19 PM »
Igor Andreev is the best mens player of all time because he beat Nadal on clay in 2005.

With all the crap thats going around recently maybe we should add that to the list as well as you say Somil. Having just gone into the Tennis Discussion section, seen what I have(and I completely understand why that was done and the response it has set out to achieve) and the way A LOT of people have been on here recently I'm on the brink of pretty much leaving this place, I'm only going to post when my girls are playing and in the football section for United. This is supposed to be a place to relax, talk about something we love and discuss things like proper human beings, but seems that isn't possible with most people right now so what is the point!!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 02:26:02 PM »
Rafa is up to 3 votes now! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 02:27:05 PM »
Can't believe nobody has mentioned Serena yet. :innocent:

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 02:37:21 PM »

With all the crap thats going around recently maybe we should add that to the list as well as you say Somil. Having just gone into the Tennis Discussion section, seen what I have(and I completely understand why that was done and the response it has set out to achieve) and the way A LOT of people have been on here recently I'm on the brink of pretty much leaving this place, I'm only going to post when my girls are playing and in the football section for United. This is supposed to be a place to relax, talk about something we love and discuss things like proper human beings, but seems that isn't possible with most people right now so what is the point!!

I agree, it's pretty pathetic. People don't even want to fuel tennis discussion, they just want to sort out personal matters. When they try and make people like their player by making lots of threads about them, it actually makes me dislike the player because of the fans' actions!

Carry on posting everywhere though, hopefully after those threads are deleted/locked/merged we can get back to normal tennis discussion with the people who want to discuss tennis :) if more civil posters like you leave then the forum is doomed, so please stay.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 02:40:19 PM »

I agree, it's pretty pathetic. People don't even want to fuel tennis discussion, they just want to sort out personal matters. When they try and make people like their player by making lots of threads about them, it actually makes me dislike the player because of the fans' actions!

Carry on posting everywhere though, hopefully after those threads are deleted/locked/merged we can get back to normal tennis discussion with the people who want to discuss tennis :) if more civil posters like you leave then the forum is doomed, so please stay.

My posts were not to have a go @ you guys,Chris sorry if i upset you,dont leave m8.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 03:02:08 PM »

Thing is if it had been just the last few days then we can just look at it as a bad spell, but its been the case for a couple of months atleast now and as a result a lot of the good posters don't feel as if they want to be posting in a lot of the threads. Right now I can't find a way to even begin discussing ATP tennis is particular properly because its just all about personal goings on and campaigns against one another and groups of supporters. I'm not even entering a lot of those threads now because I'd rather not waste my time with some of the raft we have here now- they're not real tennis fans- they just want an argument or bit of excitment over the internet. Right now I feel I should only post on 2 things and leave the rest of the threads for the 'arguers' we have here.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 03:04:36 PM »

My posts were not to have a go @ you guys,Chris sorry if i upset you,dont leave m8.

Its not you Sid and as I said I could see why the likes of you and Kick would open those threads after other things that have gone on recently. You've not upset me at all so don't you worry- you know from the PM that we both have a very low opinion of atleast a couple here, so you're not to blame at all. I'm just not fussed with posting somewhere where its just childish arguments and back and forth like a school playground. I don't come here for that.

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 03:14:09 PM »
 :paper bag:  Guilty as charged.   :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 03:16:30 PM »
No you've just been dealing with one of the biggest arseholes to ever grace the planet.