Author Topic: NCode  (Read 4126 times)

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
NCode
« on: April 30, 2005, 05:21:47 PM »
As a lot of you know a few months back (maybe 6?) I switched to the Triads from my previous racquet.  I have had some trouble find them used these days since they are no longer made.  Jeffro and I hit today and I tried out his NCode.  Daaaaaaaaaaamn those racquets feel good.  It is not as light weight as the Triad I use, which is sweet, but overall it just felt very nice.

I have to say, once another Triad bites the dust I may be making the switch to the Ncode instead of trying to find replacement Triads.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
NCode
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 05:34:30 PM »
I know... I've never used one. But I heard that they are awsome.  Serena Williams and Roger Federer both use them. And so does Davenport and Venus.
Here's one of them:

you can check the others out at: http://www.wilson.com/wilson/products/category_product_browse.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302525279&bmUID=1114900298257
Be the change that you seek.

Offline gm3106

• Tennis God
NCode
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 06:19:25 PM »
I'm no expert on rackets, but a club player told me he generates sick levels of power on his. ncode

NJtennis11

NCode
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 06:28:29 PM »
I use a Hammer H4, and I like it alot although my instructor thinks that maybe I should use a little heavier of a racket, but I don't plan on changing because I like it alot.  I just got it too after I cracked my racket from throwing against the ground a bit too many times, thats happened with my last two I think. :whistle:  My parents keep yelling at me not to break another racket. :no-no:

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
NCode
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 06:35:00 PM »
I starting using the ncode nsix tour 90 a some time ago and its great, I love the stick. Its 12.4 oz strung, 90 sq in, small sweet spot but you get what you put into it, nothing extra. I have great control with this stick. I added a little lead tape to it and it was even better. The feel is great I recommend it.
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
NCode
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 12:14:39 AM »
Quote from: "wilsonboy"
I know... I've never used one. But I heard that they are awsome.  Serena Williams and Roger Federer both use them. And so does Davenport and Venus.
Here's one of them:

you can check the others out at: http://www.wilson.com/wilson/products/category_product_browse.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302525279&bmUID=1114900298257

Venus' racquet.  :) I wish I could use her racquet but it is way too light for me now.

Anonymous

NCode
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 12:17:27 AM »
I tried the Ncode and Im not much of a Wilson person. I like the ROK by Wilson though.

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
NCode
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2005, 08:52:25 AM »
There's a big difference in the NCode lineup.  Here's a summary:

N1-N3: Granny sticks, stay away unless you're 70 or above
N4: NOT Venus' actual racket - its lighter and the string pattern is less dense.
N5: Similar to Triad 5
N6: Similar to H6
N6-1 95: HPS 6.1 with more power, a bit lighter
N6-1 Tour: PS Tour 90, a bit flexier
N6-1 Team:  Like the 6-1 95, 18/20 string pattern
NPro: Head Radical knock-off
NPro Surge: Updated, lighter version of the HPS Surge
NPS 95: Like the Team, but lighter and less head-light (1pt h/l) - same swingweight.  It's the closest thing to the ROK in the Ncode series (might need lead in the handle though).  It's very whippy as well (59 flex).

Phew...
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
NCode
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 09:42:17 AM »
Quote from: "thejackal"
There's a big difference in the NCode lineup.  Here's a summary:

N1-N3: Granny sticks, stay away unless you're 70 or above

Hey!! Serena Williams uses the N3 :\

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
NCode
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2005, 11:22:03 AM »
About that, no she doesnt.  Count the # of main strings on her racket.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
NCode
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2005, 12:19:21 PM »
I'm finding out that a lot, perhaps most pros use paint jobs.  As in their rackets are painted to look like the newest racket their sponsor is trying to push onto the public.  

Federer uses a Pro Staff 85 painted like an N Code... Safin plays with a Prestige Classic to look Liquid Metal... and it seems in general it's relatively rare for a top pro to be using the racket it appears they're using.  Babolat players usually play with the rackets it seems they're playing with, and Coria is really using the new Prince sticks, but most of the others play with paintjobs.  

That goes for Serena.  Despite the strange shape of that N Code, it's said that it's definitely a paintjob.  

This makes sense.  I've seen Agassi and Federer play with so many "different" sticks over the years, and in actuality they were playing with the same racket painted differently.  It takes people at least a couple of months to adjust to a new racket and for a pro that could mean a whole year down the drain adjusting.

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
NCode
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2005, 07:08:14 PM »
Quote from: "MC ill Logic"
I'm finding out that a lot, perhaps most pros use paint jobs.  As in their rackets are painted to look like the newest racket their sponsor is trying to push onto the public.  

Marketing at work there.  As for Fed, his actual stick is very close to the Tour 90 (black.yellow one) with a few differences.  His is less head-light and is more like 88in size.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
NCode
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2005, 07:45:47 AM »
Quote from: "thejackal"
About that, no she doesnt.  Count the # of main strings on her racket.

Yes She does!!! Look at these two pictures

It even says it on the wilson website! How can you tell a Serena fan like moi which racket she is using.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
NCode
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2005, 09:52:56 AM »
anyone dare to argue? :\

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
NCode
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2005, 03:53:27 PM »
The pic you had shows 18 mains, 20 crosses.  The N3 has 16/19.

Burn...

BTW she also has "power holes" on the grommets, which the N3 does not.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
NCode
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2005, 04:26:05 PM »
It's true.  Count the main strings, then compare that to this.

NJtennis11

NCode
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2005, 04:31:30 PM »
Maybe she uses a slight variation of it, because also on that page it says "Pros using this raquet" and lists Serena Williams.

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
NCode
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2005, 05:25:42 PM »
Guys, I didn't know about this either until relatively recently, but it's not really a secret amongst hardcore tennis fans.  And Wilson openly admits to having a paintjob department that does nothing but doctor rackets to make them look like their latest models, when, in fact, they're older models.

Offline Betsmoyo

• Tennis Addict
NCode
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2005, 06:48:20 PM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
I tried the Ncode and Im not much of a Wilson person. I like the ROK by Wilson though.

Woah! I use the ROK. I love it. Heavy racket and a small head but i love it.

I have tried an Ncode it was ok but its head was too big and light I just wasnt too crazy about the one I tried. I dont know which one it was thogh. My school coach lent it to me during practice at school. Hes crazy about it though.
Its all good...

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
NCode
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2005, 07:44:25 PM »
Quote from: "MC ill Logic"
Guys, I didn't know about this either until relatively recently, but it's not really a secret amongst hardcore tennis fans.  And Wilson openly admits to having a paintjob department that does nothing but doctor rackets to make them look like their latest models, when, in fact, they're older models.

Totally true, many players use paint jobs. In fact almost all top players will use a paint job some time in their career. Its all about marketing. And they also customize their sticks to fit their game style and preferences.  So you won't be able to get the exact stick that your favorite player uses because their stick will almost always be modified. So the one you but in the store will always be different.
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.