Author Topic: Serve?  (Read 1326 times)

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
  • Let The Wind Blow to my Victory
Serve?
« on: February 06, 2009, 08:01:50 AM »
I tap my serve just to get over the net. When I try to hit it hard it will just go out of bound. I want to add some spin to my serve. Can you give me some tips??

I am good on forehand,backhand and volleying but I need to work on my serve
<br /><br />The greatest is the one is perfect their style and their body<br /><br />I will Overcome my Limit

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Serve?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 09:34:03 AM »
What grip are you using?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 09:37:37 AM »
Really, without anything to comment on, such as pictures, or video, or even a description, there's not much to go by here.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 11:04:57 AM »
Something tells me that you're using a forehand grip and therefore serving with an open face. You should be using a continental grip. Also keep the racquet face closed until contact, which means throw the racquet upwards toward the ball with the racquet sideways, you're forearm will naturally pronate right before contact. I personally use an eastern backhand grip on serve, but I usually advise those who are trying to learn a basic serve to use the continental. But you can play around with an eastern backhand to see if it's more comfortable for you.

But like like Dmast said, at the very least, a description would be helpful. This way we know you are doing everything else correctly.
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 01:31:27 PM »
Yea Pacer is right. i do hit a forehand grip and i deff try the continental and eastern grip
<br /><br />The greatest is the one is perfect their style and their body<br /><br />I will Overcome my Limit

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 06:27:51 PM »
Yea Pacer is right. i do hit a forehand grip and i deff try the continental and eastern grip

Ok great, I hope it works out for you.
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 08:57:39 PM »

Of course, the first time you try an eastern grip or a continental the ball is going to go to the extreme left. You wil have to compensate for that.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 07:49:49 AM »
Ok thank you everyone