Author Topic: Maybe this is what they wanted all along.  (Read 1005 times)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Maybe this is what they wanted all along.
« on: February 10, 2009, 05:57:18 PM »
Bad economy forcing immigrants to reconsider U.S.

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Pedro Pablo slowly folds up his American flag blanket and stuffs it in his duffel bag. With it goes his American dream.

"I left my family and lost four years with them. I will ask them to forgive me," he said.

Pablo is an illegal immigrant from Guatemala who came to the United States to support his wife and five sons back home. When he arrived, construction jobs were plentiful. Over the last year, he says, he's worked three days.

He recently boarded a bus with a one-way ticket home, paid for by the Guatemalan consulate in Los Angeles. "I thought I could get ahead here. I regret coming

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Maybe this is what they wanted all along.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 06:02:35 PM »
lol
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 07:06:53 PM »
OMG Dmast  :rofl_2:
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 10:02:39 PM »
All I know is in ancient India and maybe China people used to farm, so having lot of kids especially boys was good because you had a helping hand.

Why would someone have 5 kids if they know they can't support them? Or they are not stable yet? This might sound harsh or whatnot but it's an honest question. China has a 1 child policy and I think India should also soon have a more serious look at something similar. They already do promote the whole "small family, happy family" thing but it doesn't always stop people from breeding left and right regardless of thier financial situation.

I'm scared of even getting into a serious relationship/married even after potentially having worked at a decent pay for a few years, forget about having kids! And if I am having financial issues supporting just myself and another person, no way am I making planning on having 5 kids.

Now I can understand that guy's situation if he was doing well enough to have 5 kids and then he somehow lost his well-to-do buisness in Guatemala OR took a calculated risk and decided the pay off for working illegally here is greater than what he was able to provide and worth it then.. then maybe I can understand.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 10:19:07 PM »
All I know is in ancient India and maybe China people used to farm, so having lot of kids especially boys was good because you had a helping hand.

Why would someone have 5 kids if they know they can't support them? Or they are not stable yet? This might sound harsh or whatnot but it's an honest question. China has a 1 child policy and I think India should also soon have a more serious look at something similar. They already do promote the whole "small family, happy family" thing but it doesn't always stop people from breeding left and right regardless of thier financial situation.

I'm scared of even getting into a serious relationship/married even after potentially having worked at a decent pay for a few years, forget about having kids! And if I am having financial issues supporting just myself and another person, no way am I making planning on having 5 kids.

Now I can understand that guy's situation if he was doing well enough to have 5 kids and then he somehow lost his well-to-do buisness in Guatemala OR took a calculated risk and decided the pay off for working illegally here is greater than what he was able to provide and worth it then.. then maybe I can understand.

It's just a matter of using the wrong brain.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 10:45:19 PM »

Impoverished Catholics: chalk one up for the Vatican.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 10:47:24 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif