Author Topic: No one for greetings but whatever  (Read 2294 times)

Offline Shonoby

• Tennis Player
No one for greetings but whatever
« on: February 16, 2009, 09:28:19 PM »
Hey guys, I'm Shonoby! I'm in high school and i'm addicted to tennis( literally ) i can't get enough of it. I'm some where around good to ok at tennis, i can hit with pace and devastating angles on both sides. My servers are a copy of a Sampras serve( by default my body just moves like his, oh and its not as good lol ). I love approach shots, and backhands, winners and going to the net. I'm varsity at my school( but my school is not that awesome at tennis so...it doesn't say much ) but this year we'll make a mark. Ah...um...i think that's about all i have to say...oh and i'm 5'8 with moderate to full stroke swing, Wilson Hyper Hammer 5.3, one-handed backhand( continental grip ), semi-western forehand, Wilson shoes, I'm pretty fast with lots of stamina and great motion tracking skills. I try to make up swings and stokes that could actually be used, but right now I'm just trying to play as much tennis as i can with even more heart into it. Anyways great forums and great advice, loved the site too.
Dream Racquet:
Wilson K Factor KSix-One X
Hybrid;
   Main - Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16 String ( 60 lbs )
   Crosses - Head ETS 17 String( 58 lbs )

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: No one for greetings but whatever
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 10:33:01 PM »
Well, welcome to the boards!  Hope you stay around! :))

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 05:58:43 AM »
Welcome to the forum Shonoboy!  Jump right in anywhere, if you have any questions please let me know. : )
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 06:50:09 AM »
Sounds like you've caught the tennis bug early! :))

Have fun both on the court and here in the forums.
Also, there's lots of good info and links on the rest of the T4U site.
Enjoy. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 07:00:10 PM »
Welcome here Shonoby!  You need to start a tennis journal so we can follow your tennis action.   :)

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 07:12:28 PM »
Welcome Shonoby!
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 11:04:58 PM »
Welcome, welcome, welcome!  I'm enjoying all the new posters lately.  You guys will have to just post a little more!  Don't let us scare you away! :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 01:25:56 AM »
Welcome to the forums  :) Post away and enjoy your time spent here!
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 10:43:20 AM »
Welcome!
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline Shonoby

• Tennis Player
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 07:41:22 PM »
Alright cool, but i think it's a little hard to post 18000 times...these aren't my first forums so i think i post pretty often. But really man on average you guys have like 10k+ post lol.
Dream Racquet:
Wilson K Factor KSix-One X
Hybrid;
   Main - Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour 16 String ( 60 lbs )
   Crosses - Head ETS 17 String( 58 lbs )

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 10:11:43 PM »
Alright cool, but i think it's a little hard to post 18000 times...these aren't my first forums so i think i post pretty often. But really man on average you guys have like 10k+ post lol.

Yea but we have been here a while too! ;-()

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 04:53:36 PM »
Hey guys, I'm Shonoby! I'm in high school and i'm addicted to tennis( literally ) i can't get enough of it. I'm some where around good to ok at tennis, i can hit with pace and devastating angles on both sides. My servers are a copy of a Sampras serve( by default my body just moves like his, oh and its not as good lol ). I love approach shots, and backhands, winners and going to the net. I'm varsity at my school( but my school is not that awesome at tennis so...it doesn't say much ) but this year we'll make a mark. Ah...um...i think that's about all i have to say...oh and i'm 5'8 with moderate to full stroke swing, Wilson Hyper Hammer 5.3, one-handed backhand( continental grip ), semi-western forehand, Wilson shoes, I'm pretty fast with lots of stamina and great motion tracking skills. I try to make up swings and stokes that could actually be used, but right now I'm just trying to play as much tennis as i can with even more heart into it. Anyways great forums and great advice, loved the site too.

welcome and jump right in on any discussion.

Offline Stillearning

• New Poster
Re: Glad I found this
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 11:35:37 AM »
Hi all,
Iím not too new to tennis, but I donít get to play enough to play at the level I would like to.  Iíve not played any tournaments, and started to play after completing college.
 Our local weather and public courts  donít help much.  My most memorable play opportunity was two summers ago in Waterville Valley NH with 18 clay courts.
 :)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 02:12:54 PM »
Hi all,
Iím not too new to tennis, but I donít get to play enough to play at the level I would like to.  Iíve not played any tournaments, and started to play after completing college.
 Our local weather and public courts  donít help much.  My most memorable play opportunity was two summers ago in Waterville Valley NH with 18 clay courts.

Welcome here SL!  Enjoy! 

Offline Monky

• Tennis God
  • But...i'm wearing my Nike's
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 03:01:35 PM »
Hi all,

Hey Stillearning, welcome to the forums, hope to see you around! :)
:)~

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 03:06:34 PM »
Hi all,

Welcome to the forums SL  :) Post away and enjoy your time spent here!
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline wissywig

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 05:21:22 PM »

Well, not all at once! LOL.  But you'd be surprised at how quickly those posts add up!  I was shocked when I realized on another board I post to that the number had actually rolled over because I passed 9999 posts...  :scared:

BTW I'm new here too  ;)

I guess around the majors newbies pop up,  eh?