Non-Tennis Discussions > General Discussions

Chicagao Parking Classics

(1/12) > >>

Babblelot:
Damn, so many to choose from.

There's the time I got towed  ..-)  okay, whatever. I had to move my car before 7am and didn't get there in time. Pick it up from the pound, park it, then it snows. Remember, I'm from California and at the time (many years ago), hadn't had a car to deal with all that long while in Chicago. When I go out to my car the next morning, it's gone. Huh? SNOW ROUTE NO PARKING IF SNOW IS OVER 2 INCHES. Oh, F me!

Then there's my favorite: the time I parked on a 2 hr metered street lined with cars, only to return about an hour later to discover my car had been stolen (towed) and empounded by the Chicago City Mafia. Huh? When I get to the spot my car was parked, I start looking around. Alas, down a bit on a light post is a small sign that reads. TOW ZONE NO PARKING BETWEEN 4-6 PM MON THRU FRI. At the time (circo 1991), it the bill was $155 for the tow and $50 for the ticket.

Which brings me to this morning. I'm driving around and around last night after class; it's creeping up on midnight. After about 20 min of that, I give up and decide to park at metered parking. Meter reads 2 hr parking between 8am - 8pm. Cool. This morning, I go out to my car, it's about 7:15, only to find I've got another ticket. Huh? So I start to look for the signage. Up ahead on a light post is a small sign that reads, NO PARKING BETWEEN 7AM - 9AM MONDAY THRU FRIDAY $60 bucks, Mother Bastards! :cursing:

OSU Buckeye:
No such problems out here in the country!   ;-()    That would be one of the many reasons not to live where so many others live. 

Tennis4you:
Bummer yo!  They will get ya however they can!

Chris1987:
 :rofl_2: They were just funny to read Babble! They really are waiting for you to slip up then since you'd only left it there 15 minutes past 7am! yet they've got you again  :mad1:

Babblelot:

--- Quote from: OSU Buckeye on March 27, 2009, 07:12:08 PM ---No such problems out here in the country!   ;-()    That would be one of the many reasons not to live where so many others live. 

--- End quote ---

Oh, "many," eh?!

Fire some off, hoss. I want to know what I'm missing out on choosing not to live in the middle of nowhere.  :whistle:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version