Poll

Will Nadal go unbeaten over the clay season?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Will Nadal go unbeaten over the clay season?  (Read 5552 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Will Nadal go unbeaten over the clay season?
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 10:27:10 AM »
His first match was against Frederico Gil so he needs to play 4 matches to win the tournament :)~ Come on it's just 1 walkover, I don't think it makes a really big difference...this year he didnt play doubles in clay, that's why perhaps he's got a chance at Barcelona, Rome a Hamburg (yeah all of them)

Hey, don't take me serious... and that Gil match was just a practice session so I'm not counting that one! :rofl_2:  But I said earlier I think Nadal will run the tables during the clay season (and I'm not even a fan).  It was some of his fans who said they thought he would have a 'hard time'... Yea, right! :\  If losing ONE set in an entire tournament meant a 'hard time' then... gee... :rofl_2:  I just don't see anyone who can 'stay' with Nadal on clay.  Some can give him a run for the money in ONE set...but taking that over 2 sets in master's events are hard.  Taking it in 3 sets at RG is impossible!   Whether I like it or not...those are just the facts.   That's why I want the clay season OVER ASAP! :rofl_2:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 11:36:32 AM »
I agree with kickserve. The talent to go unbeaten is there but the injury possibility remains a cloud  :( . I'd like to see him do well just because he is so positive and enthusiastic  :applause: . To see him come on court, bouncing up and down  :trampoline: even at the coin toss, is good for the soul (although it must be disconcerting for his opponent  ::))11 ). I expect at least one bad day :depressed: .

Sorry for quoting this from your post, it reminds me of sky sports coverage (for those who watch it and listen to it)
The man (Markus) is at pains along with Mr Barry Cowan, for bringing this subject up, they are so desperate for Nadal to be injured (it happens every year)  :(  (before Markus it was that other idiot who's now moved to OZ - thankgod),

"If Nadal gets injured", "he, Nadal could be injured"  "it would open the door for Roger to win the FO",

:ZZZZZ)  :ZZZZZ)

"It is a possibility that Nadal will get injured", "Injury could come to Nadal"

I could go on...and on....

Those at Sky Sports don't want Rafa to win the FO, they want Roger  ..-)

Back to the OP Who cares if Rafa is beaten or not?? over the clay season

they are hate-filled clowns whose bias towards their god has no limit, make no mistake about it...........i am often tired of their bulls**t whenever i happen to watch skysports or other channels' highlight reels or matches...........not just sky sports, majority of the tv commentators over the world are stuck in the blind love..........they grunt and dream all day long about how rafael is going to be injured and how federer's going to take an advantage of that...........they will even go to an extent of making themselves look like clowns just for the sake of proving their point in favour of federer...........only a few commentators are very objective...........john mcenroe is the best tv commentator in the recent times...........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 03:35:49 PM »
I don't think anyone will beat him.
the only guy with any chance right now is Djokovic, but he has to be ON.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 01:21:56 AM »
I just don't see anyone who can 'stay' with Nadal on clay.  Some can give him a run for the money in ONE set...but taking that over 2 sets in master's events are hard.  Taking it in 3 sets at RG is impossible!   Whether I like it or not...those are just the facts.   That's why I want the clay season OVER ASAP! :rofl_2:

Awww Dallas my dear, are you forgetting that Rafa is now currently the games dominant player on all surfaces.
 :))   The days of him lording over clay and then losing at the U.S Open to Mikael Youzhny or James Blake, or falling at Wimbledon to someone like Gilles Mueller or possibly Robert Kendrick are in the past.   Why so anxious for the clay court season to be over, we will just be moving into more of the same, more of Rafa's reign of tennis.    :)~
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 01:23:58 AM by kittens25 »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 12:48:24 PM »
I just don't see anyone who can 'stay' with Nadal on clay.  Some can give him a run for the money in ONE set...but taking that over 2 sets in master's events are hard.  Taking it in 3 sets at RG is impossible!   Whether I like it or not...those are just the facts.   That's why I want the clay season OVER ASAP! :rofl_2:

Awww Dallas my dear, are you forgetting that Rafa is now currently the games dominant player on all surfaces.
 :))   The days of him lording over clay and then losing at the U.S Open to Mikael Youzhny or James Blake, or falling at Wimbledon to someone like Gilles Mueller or possibly Robert Kendrick are in the past.   Why so anxious for the clay court season to be over, we will just be moving into more of the same, more of Rafa's reign of tennis.    :)~

no hope even after the clay season like you said...........french and wimbledon are over in my book..........i am looking forward to the us open...........he should clinch that, it will be some violent history..........that deed will enter the history books tearing off all those other pages...........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2009, 03:29:08 PM »
At least Nadal has close matches on the other surfaces.  Clay - he wins 6-1 6-2 most of the time but at least on the other surfaces (grass, hard, and especially indoor hard) he has 'competative matches' so it's not a 'lock' like it is on clay. :\

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2009, 07:07:50 PM »
I agree with kickserve. The talent to go unbeaten is there but the injury possibility remains a cloud  :( . I'd like to see him do well just because he is so positive and enthusiastic  :applause: . To see him come on court, bouncing up and down  :trampoline: even at the coin toss, is good for the soul (although it must be disconcerting for his opponent  ::))11 ). I expect at least one bad day :depressed: .

Sorry for quoting this from your post, it reminds me of sky sports coverage (for those who watch it and listen to it)
The man (Markus) is at pains along with Mr Barry Cowan, for bringing this subject up, they are so desperate for Nadal to be injured (it happens every year)  :(  (before Markus it was that other idiot who's now moved to OZ - thankgod),

"If Nadal gets injured", "he, Nadal could be injured"  "it would open the door for Roger to win the FO",

:ZZZZZ)  :ZZZZZ)

"It is a possibility that Nadal will get injured", "Injury could come to Nadal"

I could go on...and on....

Those at Sky Sports don't want Rafa to win the FO, they want Roger  ..-)

Back to the OP Who cares if Rafa is beaten or not?? over the clay season

they are hate-filled clowns whose bias towards their god has no limit, make no mistake about it...........i am often tired of their bulls**t whenever i happen to watch skysports or other channels' highlight reels or matches...........not just sky sports, majority of the tv commentators over the world are stuck in the blind love..........they grunt and dream all day long about how rafael is going to be injured and how federer's going to take an advantage of that...........they will even go to an extent of making themselves look like clowns just for the sake of proving their point in favour of federer...........only a few commentators are very objective...........john mcenroe is the best tv commentator in the recent times...........

I only get to hear JM at Wimbledon....after last years Wimbledon final and his hugging of Roger...put me off him (JMHO)

Agree with the rest of your post though...funny thing is it's always around the clay court season they want Rafa injured  :rofl_2:  Yet they never want Roger injured or any talk about him being injured  :rofl_2:

I take it with a pinch of salt though, it always gives me a laugh, just imagine them saying Roger may get injured during a tourney ?  Barry "I love Roger" Cowan still hasn't got over Rogers Mono....its still brought up  :rofl_2:

Now Barry has taken (a little bit ) of time away from Roger, onto Murray  :whistle:  along with Markus

If only they could talk about Roger and Andy Murray ...the ideal situation, but Rafa is around  :cool:  :whistle:

:bye1:
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2009, 09:15:30 PM »
but why are people going on saying that Rafa will be injured in the first place? I've been hearing this for nearly 4 years now and apart from that major injury he had in 05, he's only getting better and better...are these guys who are saying this only trying to kind of assure themselves that it won't be long before we have another change of guards or something? That's not going to happen soon now because Rafa has only 'arrived' so speaking and has a long way to go...why shouldn't he reign for a few years? Are they just hoping he'll be injured or are they really looking at it technically and saying that a 22 year old young man of sturdy build and unmatched stamina will be injured because he runs around more? Or is it just because 'others' have been saying it for so long that it has kind of crept into their minds that it is of course an inevitable thing? I find it kind of absurd...Fed has been playing for a really long time, his backhand takes the brunt of vicious spins...is his shoulder going to fall off?Those who are saying he'll be injured, please provide me with more details as to why you would come to that decision. And again, why should anyone wish that player X be injured? Silly fellows...hope that we get a very good match...would anyone be happy if their player won against an injured player?

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2009, 06:34:09 PM »
but why are people going on saying that Rafa will be injured in the first place? I've been hearing this for nearly 4 years now and apart from that major injury he had in 05, he's only getting better and better...are these guys who are saying this only trying to kind of assure themselves that it won't be long before we have another change of guards or something? That's not going to happen soon now because Rafa has only 'arrived' so speaking and has a long way to go...why shouldn't he reign for a few years? Are they just hoping he'll be injured or are they really looking at it technically and saying that a 22 year old young man of sturdy build and unmatched stamina will be injured because he runs around more? Or is it just because 'others' have been saying it for so long that it has kind of crept into their minds that it is of course an inevitable thing? I find it kind of absurd...Fed has been playing for a really long time, his backhand takes the brunt of vicious spins...is his shoulder going to fall off?Those who are saying he'll be injured, please provide me with more details as to why you would come to that decision. And again, why should anyone wish that player X be injured? Silly fellows...hope that we get a very good match...would anyone be happy if their player won against an injured player?

In bold, with regard to the Sky people who want Rafa injured : So that Roger can win the FO, they have said for the past god knows how many years Roger WILL WIN THE FRENCH OPEN, they have been 100% in that!!  They have been soo far up Rogers (backside) for want of a better word, that they have convinced themselfs that Roger is going to win the FO (for many years)...Every years the same: Rafa "could get an injury", or "Injury to Nadal is not out of the question" or "An injury to Nadal could well happen"   :ZZZZZ)  :ZZZZZ)

The people at Sky didn't even entertain or think Roger could or may get an injury at anytime of the year, ONLY Rafa "may get an injury"

The shock at Sky Sports about Rogers mono was enough to make Mr Barry "I love domination Roger " Federer take stock of the situation.... Yet Mr Barry Cowan never talked prior to this Roger maybe getting an injury or illness, it never enterted his mind, as he was far up Rogers a** and like the rest at Sky they didn't know how to handle themselves after Rogers mono  :whistle:   Barry "I love Roger" who has moved on to I love Andy Murray and I love Rafa", still brings up Rogers mono even to this day  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

Nadal getting injured is Sky Sports dream, Roger getting injured is Sky Sports worst nightmare  :zipped: Sad but true  :)

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2009, 11:43:59 PM »

In bold, with regard to the Sky people who want Rafa injured : So that Roger can win the FO, they have said for the past god knows how many years Roger WILL WIN THE FRENCH OPEN, they have been 100% in that!!  They have been soo far up Rogers (backside) for want of a better word, that they have convinced themselfs that Roger is going to win the FO (for many years)...Every years the same: Rafa "could get an injury", or "Injury to Nadal is not out of the question" or "An injury to Nadal could well happen"   :ZZZZZ)  :ZZZZZ)

The people at Sky didn't even entertain or think Roger could or may get an injury at anytime of the year, ONLY Rafa "may get an injury"

The shock at Sky Sports about Rogers mono was enough to make Mr Barry "I love domination Roger " Federer take stock of the situation.... Yet Mr Barry Cowan never talked prior to this Roger maybe getting an injury or illness, it never enterted his mind, as he was far up Rogers a** and like the rest at Sky they didn't know how to handle themselves after Rogers mono  :whistle:   Barry "I love Roger" who has moved on to I love Andy Murray and I love Rafa", still brings up Rogers mono even to this day  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

Nadal getting injured is Sky Sports dream, Roger getting injured is Sky Sports worst nightmare  :zipped: Sad but true  :)

Well said Alison, however, everyone seemed to be saying this for a long long time...not only the journalists...wonder why  :\

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2009, 09:51:27 AM »

Well said Alison, however, everyone seemed to be saying this for a long long time...not only the journalists...wonder why  :\

nothing to wonder...........they are just hate-filled idiots, they are jealous about him..........unfortunately, majority of the tennis fans are casual followers of the game who cannot realize the true tenacity and ability of a certain player..........they get easily influenced by a player X and start to build hatred against those who exceed him...........it's the case in many sports...........

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2009, 01:27:09 AM »

nothing to wonder...........they are just hate-filled idiots, they are jealous about him..........unfortunately, majority of the tennis fans are casual followers of the game who cannot realize the true tenacity and ability of a certain player..........they get easily influenced by a player X and start to build hatred against those who exceed him...........it's the case in many sports...........

But Nadal is the one least bothered by anything as he continues to win everything in sight...just as a matter of concern, I just feel he isn't playing his best on clay right now...he seemed better last year...it doesn't matter much because even if he drops his level, he's miles ahead of others...but you know, as fans we would like to see his old mastery right Shank?

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 01:21:57 PM »

But Nadal is the one least bothered by anything as he continues to win everything in sight...just as a matter of concern, I just feel he isn't playing his best on clay right now...he seemed better last year...it doesn't matter much because even if he drops his level, he's miles ahead of others...but you know, as fans we would like to see his old mastery right Shank?

he's still lingering around 70-75 range for some reason...........no problem however like you said, he can limp on one leg and thrash everyone...........

Offline Yiyo

• Tennis Addict
  • GLADIATOR: THE KING OF CLAY
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 03:05:14 PM »

His topspin is not as good as last years it seems, his serve and his backhand arent pretty good either (right now) but he will keep improving during the clay season and he will be at his peak at Roland Garros. Such is his dominance in clay that he is saving some energy and still wins. Also he is not playing doubles, I think he will be fresher at rome and madrid.
"In the last game, I didn't see nothing. The true, I wasn't see nothing, no?" Nadal about the 2008 Wimbledon final

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2009, 05:09:24 PM »

he's still lingering around 70-75 range for some reason...........no problem however like you said, he can limp on one leg and thrash everyone...........
  :nono: don't say that  ;;)